Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

i am talking **** :LOL: whats that what you been saying since the start of this thread.

you are just contridicting your statments now, first you say media talks about hyperinflation when there not and now you dnt watch them,

who ever that person you follow is, must be a fool and i advise you to stay away from him, you might not watch the media but im sure hes glued on to cnn, fox and the like.

well again like i said no point in discussing this as we might is well wait a year or two and i am still waiting for your pridcition by 2012, which you keep ignoring,

how am i ignoring it? im saying depression and deflation...

i am talking **** :LOL: whats that what you been saying since the start of this thread.

you are just contridicting your statments now, first you say media talks about hyperinflation when there not and now you dnt watch them,

who ever that person you follow is, must be a fool and i advise you to stay away from him, you might not watch the media but im sure hes glued on to cnn, fox and the like.

well again like i said no point in discussing this as we might is well wait a year or two and i am still waiting for your pridcition by 2012, which you keep ignoring,

i dont need to watch cnbc to know what there saying, considering one of the people i follow posts daily on the tripe they say and rips it to bits.

so, im an idiot, Irving fisher is an idiot, karl deninger is an idiot...but your not? gotcha!

i dont need to watch cnbc to know what there saying, considering one of the people i follow posts daily on the tripe they say and rips it to bits.

so, im an idiot, Irving fisher is an idiot, karl deninger is an idiot...but your not? gotcha!

Irving fisher is definatly an idiot. the only good investors and economists i have heard are jim rogers, marc faber, peter schiff and ron paul.

btw. just listening to other people would not help you, instead of taking every single word of someone you should do your own research.

just listening to other people would not help you, instead of taking every single word of someone you should do your own research.

If you don't have a doctorate in economics, relevant work experience to see how data is accumulated and processed and a deep understanding of real world (i.e. not text book) decisions pertaining to monetary policy then what use is your opinion?

You're a bit of a flamer.

If you don't have a doctorate in economics, relevant work experience to see how data is accumulated and processed and a deep understanding of real world (i.e. not text book) decisions pertaining to monetary policy then what use is your opinion?

You're a bit of a flamer.

so you would blindly take someone elses opinion and belive in it just because they have a doctorate in economics. :LOL:

many of the great economists have not even had a doctorate, plus they learn from text books is well dont they.

listening to investors and economics is great, but you need to do your own research is well rather then belive it all blindly.

and dnt all doctorates all have different opinons, you cant belive everything you hear can you? maybe in your own world you do but here we all have different opinions and to blindly take someone elses opinion is what an idiot does.

No I said...
Stop chopping down statements to suit and prolong your arguments.

Also, you aren't a great economist.

You have yet to reveal a basis for your argument I the whole of these 12 miserable pages. You went from saying Zimbabwe style inflation, to normal inflation, to laughing at people who say deflation as though the theory has no foundation. I don't know what the hell internet news channel you're watching and what books you've read but I'd advise you to open your mind and be a bit more flexible in your opinion on things you don't fully understand or you run the risk of looking like an idiot.

Look into it and you'll see why they are never going to be trading oil in any currecy but the Usdé

Don't be shy now TF... ;)

Tell us why you think they are never going to be trading oil in any other currency but USD?

Does old Iraq - Iran fall into your reasoning? Or are their banking systems and laws of governance different to the other ME countries...

Do you envisage the US will place an embargo on old Europe if they venture to buy their oil in Euros?

Ay-rabs hold US dollars as their reserve in the banks and as the basis for their fx rates. You think they're going to mess with their whole system and risk gambling on another currency esp if the dollar gets weaker as you say. They will lose tremendous amounts which could only be recouped by banging up the price of oil which would be counter productive to a global recovery.

"you cant belive everything you hear can you? maybe in your own world you do but here we all have different opinions and to blindly take someone elses opinion is what an idiot does."

yet all you have done is quote 4 people and not even offered your own opinion or explanation of how and why. good going!

I dont pretend to know much if anything about economics but it would be nice to know what to look out for. Some people are saying hyperinfaltion some people are saying deflation.

I'm curious as to what the warning signs are for each option. As far as I understand it in hyperinflation you would get increases in commodity prices(shoot me down if im wrong). So for example if I saw gold shoot past $1000 I'd assume hyperinflation is happening and I must act to protect myself.
I'm not really sure what you'd do in deflation. Any ideas genics??
Any ideas from anyone really.

P.S a nice heated argument is always interesting but wouldnt it be better to just know the available options and know the warnings signs for each option so you can act accordingly? Cant help thinking if your views are wrong you wont be able accept your wrong and so you wont act to protect your wealth.

The warning sign for inflation is deflation caused by economic contraction in countries with economies that run trade and fiscal deficits for years. The USA has a particular problem at the moment because the housing and retail sectors are imploding. With option arm mortgages resetting over the next two years it is likely that foreclosures will increase. Unemployment is still rising despite the stimulus plan and average working hours are down for those still employed. The bank profits are mostly down to sale of assets and changed accounting procedures. Basically the banking sector is insolvent. A lot of US govt debt is short term and finding purchasers for an ever increasing amount is going to be difficult. Investors will demand a greater return for purchasing this debt. As interests rates rise more homeowners and businesses will be unable to service their loans. More stimulus will be pumped into the economy on printed paper. The owners of US treasuries will begin to lose confidence and dump them causing a run on the dollar. US citizens realizing that their dollars are becoming worthless will start spending them, creating a hyper-inflationary environment.

one slight problem with that theory porboksy. what if us citizens don't have any dollars to spend...

read rhody traders post on the 1st/2nd page

one slight problem with that theory porboksy. what if us citizens don't have any dollars to spend...

read rhody traders post on the 1st/2nd page

I am sure that helicopter Ben will come to the rescue. (page7)

"Most of FOMC see's inflation subdued in next 2 years"

Ben bernanke, today

what about the OMFG HYPERINFLATION???

guess he is a moron aswell wallstreet