Federal Reserve Statistical Release H.3

TWI

Love this quote..

In a recent interview with the New York Times, former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O' Neill, was asked how the problems with subprime mortgages could lead to a financial crisis of global proportions. O' Neill said,

“If you have 10 bottles of water, and one bottle has poison in it, and you don't know which one, you probably won't drink out of any of the 10 bottles; that's basically what we've got here.”

Love this quote..

In a recent interview with the New York Times, former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O' Neill, was asked how the problems with subprime mortgages could lead to a financial crisis of global proportions. O' Neill said,

“If you have 10 bottles of water, and one bottle has poison in it, and you don't know which one, you probably won't drink out of any of the 10 bottles; that's basically what we've got here.”

But that's a lie!

Two bottles of water have already been identified as - Northern Rock and Bear Sterns.

He is trying to tell us there may be 3 bottles out of 10?

The water is also not transparent but very murky.

Bernanke in one of his speeches last year said that the sub-prime losses may take a $100bn hit.

Recently we've been told it's more like $1 trillion.

This is what you call pussy footing round poisened bottles of water... :cheesy:

But that's a lie!

Two bottles of water have already been identified as - Northern Rock and Bear Sterns.

He is trying to tell us there may be 3 bottles out of 10?

The water is also not transparent but very murky.

Bernanke in one of his speeches last year said that the sub-prime losses may take a $100bn hit.

Recently we've been told it's more like $1 trillion.

This is what you call pussy footing round poisened bottles of water... :cheesy:

Thinks it's more like ..is it the poisoned water that gives you the trots ,or is it the kind that kills you...or in other words is it actually illiquity ,or is it insolvency which at this point is simply unquantifiable .The actual realised scale of losses coming off the back of this property market are still in their earlier stages so it's guessing time.
I believe the G7 gave the lenders until mid year to try to quantify their losses and arrive at a 'fair' system for valuing the paper...LOL this really worries me ,because it confirms to me the G7 don't have much idea about how this really works in reality...they might just as well have said "pick a number" .

The problem is the owners of each bottle *know what's in them, but are refusing to tell or are lying.

See my signature below.

*if they don't, this is even more scary!