Commission

Kap

Comission

;) - Greetings, Can anyone tell me where the cheapest comissions are for trading Mini Dow & SnP futures, I'm currentley sniffing around J-Trader with GNI @ 6$(4£) a side - is there a better alternative ?

Cheers, Kap

Thanks for the info :D , call me old fashioned but I am some what nervous about sending £ overseas, I'd like to knock on their door if and when I had to, and with GNI based on the other side of London they seem within reach, perhaps I am over cautious. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has qualms about overseas brokers/international accounts etc..

Hi Kap

There is a London office if you feel the need to bang on their door :cheesy:
I have no problems sending money overseas anymore, it seems you have to these days. The only problem is that the UK banks charge you for sending the money :rolleyes:
I can understand your concerns, but once you've done it a couple of times it becomes easy.

I would say that any UK broker wil charge you heavily for trading the US :rolleyes:

IB commissions for Dow futures drops to $2.08 a side as of Jan 2004, too :cheesy: :cheesy:

Looks as If I could be swayed in the new year with 2$ versus 4$, great info thanks again,

Kap

IB are rated as one of the most financially stable brokers in the world. You will be hard pushed to find a more competitive broker with such low costs anywhere.

Paul

Trader333 said:
IB are rated as one of the most financially stable brokers in the world. You will be hard pushed to find a more competitive broker with such low costs anywhere.

Paul

Thats what I thought

IB apparently have a large institutional client base, and that explains why they are fairly stable- commissions are amongst the lowest as Paul says.............

Al

I'd like to keep J-Trader, IB software seems a bit "naff" in comparison, but with GNI asking for (6$)4£ each side, Tradeportal seems a good alternative @ 3.8($)

There is nothing wrong with the IB platform "if" people can be bothered to learn how to use it to its full potential. But I am happy for the "point and click" brigade to constantly be at a disadvantage in their order execution compared to me.

Paul

Do you use the API etc ?, I'd like to trade right out of MS excel, I tried the IB Demo which was a bit restrictive with regard to that. The point and click is nice for a scalp but not at 4£ a side

hmmm.... IB + NinjaTrader, this could be the combo, so were looking @ 30$ per month + 4.80$ RT's versus GNI 12$ RT's.... No contest.

I gotta stop feeding these middlemen

thanks for your suggestions.

Kap