CMC New Charting Package

Just closed a day trade with CMC (spx), entry and exit were both requoted. The requote for the short enrty was actually higher. I guess requoting is here to stay with this moster of a market we hav

yep in volatile markets the quotes can change quickly - it's a "fast" market -

I too have been with CMC since the early days, and the new charting package is indeed a retrograde step.

I have just registered a complaint via the MM feedback form, requesting feedback- so we will see.

As an aside does anyone else have a problem with MM running slowly? ie the server time very quickly lags real-time, so you are not seeing real-time prices?

Ray(n)

cmc crap now

Has any one noticed/started using the new charting package by CMC Markets. To me it appeared like a lot of jazz but not so much substance. A lot of features from the old package are removed which has been very irritating.

a) You cannot save templates so whenever you open chart you need to apply your studies/indicators once again every single time and for each instrument.

b) you cannot create custom indicators

Please let me know your comments on your experience.

I loved the platform before but now it is unbelievably bad and they know it. Check out the pivot points, if you set a chart to 1 day 5 mins and put on the pivot point, res and supports, note them, 30 mins later take them off and re,apply them , they will cahnge dramaticaly so they are false. Everybody will have different ones. IDIOTS. Also in the CHAT they are all plonkers, none of them understand anything.

OK here's your solution- trade w GFT instead of CMC, why?

Their trading platform is superior in absolutely every way- you can even place your trades and stops (trailing included) directly from the charts!

No platform or data fees (including Aussie share CFDs).

Free SMS alerts on price levels and indicator conditions (eg. moving avge crossovers/RSI/Stochastic)

Personalised service- you get an account manager (who knows what their talking about)

That's just for starters...

Last edited:
OK here's your solution- trade w GFT instead of CMC, why?

Their trading platform that's superior in absolutely every way- you can even place your trades and stops (trailing included) directly from the charts!

No platform or data fees (including Aussie share CFDs).

Free SMS alerts on price levels and indicator conditions (eg. moving avge crossovers/RSI/Stochastic)

Personalised service- you get an account manager (who knows what their talking about)

That's just for starters...

All true!

cmc charting

Ive only just finished laughing!!!!!!!! someone on cmc+ forum has said they think the new charting tools are far better than the previous version ???????
WHOEVER YOU ARE WHAT CMC PLANET ARE YOU ON ???
BETTER ???????????????????????????????????????????????????:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

cmc wont chat to me anymore, they cannot answer any simple questions about the new updated platform so i think they are having problems, im changing to GFT only 1 point spread on FTSE and DAX. I will keep annoying cmc on the chat now by trying to order a margarita with extra cheese cos they know bollox all bout anything else

Funny thing is that I stopped using CMC 9 months ago because I thought the platform and original charts were carp...

Ive only just finished laughing!!!!!!!! someone on cmc+ forum has said they think the new charting tools are far better than the previous version ???????
WHOEVER YOU ARE WHAT CMC PLANET ARE YOU ON ???
BETTER ???????????????????????????????????????????????????:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

:clap::clap::clap:

cmc wont chat to me anymore, they cannot answer any simple questions about the new updated platform so i think they are having problems, im changing to GFT only 1 point spread on FTSE and DAX. I will keep annoying cmc on the chat now by trying to order a margarita with extra cheese cos they know bollox all bout anything else

:LOL::LOL:

Need some help on the I.G platform.
I set an alert on the I.G Platform and everything is fine, when I turn off my computer all the alerts are lost, is there a way of saving these alerts ,so i do not need to set them every time I turn on the machine?

Need some help on the I.G platform.
I set an alert on the I.G Platform and everything is fine, when I turn off my computer all the alerts are lost, is there a way of saving these alerts ,so i do not need to set them every time I turn on the machine?

try layouts and save layouts maybe it will solve

Gamma, are you setting the alerts on the charting package, or on the PureDeal platform itself? I just set two alerts on PureDeal, logged off, and then logged on again and they were still there. And of course you can set the PureDeal alerts to SMS or email you too.

Pete.

before cmc with itfinance chart will have commision about $0.88--$1 plus the spread of index ,IG will have the same spreads or lower than cmc like cac40,IG 2 cmc 4+Eur0.88,ftse100 ,IG 2 cmc 2+gbp0.88.
but now the cmc give up the itfinance chart instead of a simplest chart .I think that is not fair to the clients._____review ad of cmc before!
I think that will not a good foreboding for cmc,may be .

Has any one noticed/started using the new charting package by CMC Markets. To me it appeared like a lot of jazz but not so much substance. A lot of features from the old package are removed which has been very irritating.

a) You cannot save templates so whenever you open chart you need to apply your studies/indicators once again every single time and for each instrument.

b) you cannot create custom indicators

Please let me know your comments on your experience.

Hi,

I have complained to the CMC help desk about the many features missing, including the worst, not being able to save templates. I also like to put an LRI on an RSI which you can't do now. You must complain and ask for changes. The more they get the quicker they respond. That's what they told me. It was quite a shock to find all the analysis settings wiped off the charts. You were not given the opportunity to delay the update to a convenient time. So let them have your complaints thick and fast.

Sam

cmc

Hi,

I have complained to the CMC help desk about the many features missing, including the worst, not being able to save templates. I also like to put an LRI on an RSI which you can't do now. You must complain and ask for changes. The more they get the quicker they respond. That's what they told me. It was quite a shock to find all the analysis settings wiped off the charts. You were not given the opportunity to delay the update to a convenient time. So let them have your complaints thick and fast.

Sam
I doubt very much youre gonna change the charting by complaining, theyre commited to it. they may well improve on it over the coming months, but lets face it, its here to stay.If you watched any market reports on sky news last week coming from cmc,s offices, all their tv monitors are "proudly" showing the new charting!