CMC New Charting Package

Is CMC now known as

Completely Manky Charts; or

Cr4p Market Charting; or

Clowns Making Cr4p.

cmc

Yes - that would seem about right: people trading on "fundamentals" are always going to supply them with their bread and butter so why would they care about pleasing folks who know that psychology comes first and that that is what the charts are all about? Maybe they only have to give the illusion of user-friendliness to stay in business.
Or maybe they'll just piggy-back on IG and others: deal through CMC but get your charts from IG...
It would be nice to think that might focus IG on sharpening up their trade execution.
Thing is theyve bought digital look, which was ok as it goes. they rolled out web, then they rolled out investor edition, they appear on sky with market analysis, they got james nesbitt advertising the new charting. To a newbie it all looks glossy, corperate, and pro. so with all this going on <at a cost, i suspect> it seems crazy dumming down their charting. I mean as sb goes theyre not the worst out there!
Anyway see where they go from here!:sneaky:

I'm wondering that because if like myself people arn't actually closing their accounts in case they do improve their charts in future, that it's not hitting them yet because they can show they still have x amount of clients? Just a thought,

Bunnygirl

I'm wondering that because if like myself people arn't actually closing their accounts in case they do improve their charts in future, that it's not hitting them yet because they can show they still have x amount of clients? Just a thought,

Bunnygirl
I think youre right, the overall feeling i get is not everyone wants to close down with them. I mean we all know what sb firms are like, and as someone said earlier its better the devil you know. The only trouble is you cant do anything with this charting. In the time ive been with them ive had the odd re quote and slow execution here and there, but thats part of the game isnt it. we all know what were in for!
Every sb firm gets its slagging down every so often, i certainly think over various forums finns have had some of the worst going. But i have never really had serious problems with cmc, its just this damn charting.
Anyway, onwards + upwards.
:D

I think youre right, the overall feeling i get is not everyone wants to close down with them. I mean we all know what sb firms are like, and as someone said earlier its better the devil you know. The only trouble is you cant do anything with this charting. In the time ive been with them ive had the odd re quote and slow execution here and there, but thats part of the game isnt it. we all know what were in for!
Every sb firm gets its slagging down every so often, i certainly think over various forums finns have had some of the worst going. But i have never really had serious problems with cmc, its just this damn charting.
Anyway, onwards + upwards.
:D

I agree Ibex, I've been with them for almost 10 years and never thought of changing until they changed the charts. They were good at honouring the stops too I found. As you say, onwards & upwards.....

Bunnygirl

Personally I use a few spreadbettors but stick to one SB for all my charts, sometimes even using one SB company for charts, the other to place orders, as I have found price action is virtually identical on the platforms I use. Hence you could apply the same and use charting you are more comfortable with from another platform and CMC for the execution.

Had a promotional e-mail from Digital Look that seems to offer free Level 2 and £100 if you open a Crap Meaningless Charts account through them. Sounds tempting!

Apologies, just read the full thread and realised my above post is about 80 posts too late.

I am tempted by the £100 too. I am not overly keen on the execution with IG so if CMC has improved execution then all the better, needless to say I won't be using CMC for any charting.

This is not good news. In Aus we are still using the old version. We have not been told when the switchover will occur. As an aside, do they have a data export (DDE or the like) facility in the new version?

I have been with CMC since the deal4free days, I have never thought about changing until now. I can't even fit the 6 1/2 hours of spx trading anymore on my screen without scrolling out to far. I find it hard to beleive they want experienced traders to leave with the dumbed down charts but what else can you think.They are totaly useless, designed by people who don't trade. I'm not up for having different SB sites open for different things either. And another thing, it was requote after requote today. Going to give them some time as some of you have said above, they are really good on their stops. But im looking

cmc

I have been with CMC since the deal4free days, I have never thought about changing until now. I can't even fit the 6 1/2 hours of spx trading anymore on my screen without scrolling out to far. I find it hard to beleive they want experienced traders to leave with the dumbed down charts but what else can you think.They are totaly useless, designed by people who don't trade. I'm not up for having different SB sites open for different things either. And another thing, it was requote after requote today. Going to give them some time as some of you have said above, they are really good on their stops. But im looking

This is the thing with these charts, they are just NOT designed to enable you to TRADE.
they are designed to "play" with the market, not "trade" it. ie put forward for newbies.
i fully understand your frustration trying to display 6.5h hours spx.
overall as i said, nothing particularly wrong with cmc except these charts.
Feel sorry for the aussie guy earlier on still using the old it finance charts, but about to be switched to the new charts!!
unless you want to order ticket cmc and use another sb for charting, the only other option is to use esignal, pro real time (cmc old charting package) or another provider, AT A COST! anyway, good luck everyone!(y)

I'm one of the few that is still using CMC. I've just turned off the charts and created a layout with just an order ticket!! I've signed up to prorealtime and this is working well. I can have the order ticket on one half of the screen and the prorealtime chart on the other half.

However, today on the YM it was requoting me constantly, causing me to miss a nice 100 point move. I called them and asked if I have to now telephone to trade, and they said that I should still be able to use the platform no matter what size of trade.

If this requoting continues then I'll have to think about closing the account. There's loads of other SB companies out there but I fancy trying out Twowaymarkets.

pro realtime

I'm one of the few that is still using CMC. I've just turned off the charts and created a layout with just an order ticket!! I've signed up to prorealtime and this is working well. I can have the order ticket on one half of the screen and the prorealtime chart on the other half.

However, today on the YM it was requoting me constantly, causing me to miss a nice 100 point move. I called them and asked if I have to now telephone to trade, and they said that I should still be able to use the platform no matter what size of trade.

If this requoting continues then I'll have to think about closing the account. There's loads of other SB companies out there but I fancy trying out Twowaymarkets.

Using prorealtime as well. its a good setup, just the cost is a bit of a pain. Just been looking at two way, i notice they are a part of worldspread.com, but they look ok.
was thinking about ig, but funny isnt it that everybody jumped on the wagon to go to them and now theyre starting to complain about aspects of it. Like i said better the devil u know, unless you keep getting reqouted!!!
If you go with 2way let us know if theyre any good.(y)

Using prorealtime as well. its a good setup, just the cost is a bit of a pain. Just been looking at two way, i notice they are a part of worldspread.com, but they look ok.
was thinking about ig, but funny isnt it that everybody jumped on the wagon to go to them and now theyre starting to complain about aspects of it. Like i said better the devil u know, unless you keep getting reqouted!!!
If you go with 2way let us know if theyre any good.(y)

The cost of Prorealtime isn't prohibitive. Cheaper than ESignal.

I just remembered a thread on here saying bad things about Worldspreads.... everyone seems to be jumping to IG. Ever since I was young I never followed the crowd, so by nature I'd deliberately avoid IG, only because that's where everyone else is going!!

Not sure where to jump to now!!

world spread

The cost of Prorealtime isn't prohibitive. Cheaper than ESignal.

I just remembered a thread on here saying bad things about Worldspreads.... everyone seems to be jumping to IG. Ever since I was young I never followed the crowd, so by nature I'd deliberately avoid IG, only because that's where everyone else is going!!

Not sure where to jump to now!!

just been reading some posts about worldspreads. doesnt sound good! sounds like they DONT like you making money at all.
Dont get me wrong, i like prorealtime a lot, just a pain not having decent charting with cm. that said prt much more powerfull.
(y)

Just closed a day trade with CMC (spx), entry and exit were both requoted. The requote for the short enrty was actually higher. I guess requoting is here to stay with this moster of a market we hav

the marketmaker platform --- will not be a award winning trading one with the poor chart as they show !!!

I would like to know who gives out these awards?? Anyway, today Aus were downgraded to the new charting software. Looks like someone spent a whole lunch hour thinking about the design. I do not know about the UK but in Aus the client disservice people are really rude. I suspect they are being inundated with complaints! I asked them a question via chat was basically told to F%^k off. Hmm, this cannot be good for business. Looks like back to GFT I go!

china will open account with cmc au ,but if cmc au use the new poor charting that I have used ,a lot of client will go,I would like to igmarkets au with same prorealtime charts .