CMC New Charting Package

I've not had any notification of an update yet, neither did my platform look like it was being updated when I logged it on just now, so maybe we haven't all had the update yet?

I'm trying to get a hang of the IG platform, the problem I'm having is the charts seem to be delayed? I'm not sure if it's my set up or what. This morning I noticed up to 10 points difference at times between the chart price and the ticket price - and does anyone else find it a really long time (minutes) before their order ticket price starts to move & catch up with the current price?

I've tried clicking on Tools and Real Time Charts, but they were out by about 4 or 5 pips the other way!

CMC charts may have changed for the worse, but at least they showed the correct price :(
Have I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire??

Many Thanks in advance for any help,

Bunnygirl

I'm trying to get a hang of the IG platform, the problem I'm having is the charts seem to be delayed? I'm not sure if it's my set up or what. This morning I noticed up to 10 points difference at times between the chart price and the ticket price - and does anyone else find it a really long time (minutes) before their order ticket price starts to move & catch up with the current price?

I've tried clicking on Tools and Real Time Charts, but they were out by about 4 or 5 pips the other way!

CMC charts may have changed for the worse, but at least they showed the correct price :(

Bunnygirl

Try GFT, I have just started using their Dealbook 360 platform for FX and Indicies. Have also been comparing their prices to my live feed for YM and ES, happy so far.

Cheers

bunnygirl
are you the one who was posting the bunny cross some years ago on moneytec.com

Bunnygirl

Hi Bunnygirl, yes I've noticed that too (although it hasn't been taking minutes for the order tickets to catch up, more like 20 seconds or so). It does make dealing from the charts a bit of a lottery doesn't it? I am guessing the charts are using ProReltime's actual prices, while the PureDeal platform is using IG's prices. :(

bunnygirl
are you the one who was posting the bunny cross some years ago on moneytec.com

yes that's me, I remember someone who actually was a dentist here in uk in the chatroom - was that you? first name began with A I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bunnygirl

Hi Bunnygirl, yes I've noticed that too (although it hasn't been taking minutes for the order tickets to catch up, more like 20 seconds or so). It does make dealing from the charts a bit of a lottery doesn't it? I am guessing the charts are using ProReltime's actual prices, while the PureDeal platform is using IG's prices. :(

I so wish cmc hadn't messed up the charts! The charts were a bit better later on in the day, but having the charts showing the mid price is throwing me too. Another thing I don't like is IGidex disconnects if you leave it idling for too long, I could let cmc run forever :( I hate change, it's never good.

Btw did you get a big spike on both cable & eur/usd at 22.03 last night???

Bunnygirl

Last edited:
I so wish cmc hadn't messed up the charts! The charts were a bit better later on in the day, but having the charts showing the mid price is throwing me too. Another thing I don't like is IGidex disconnects if you leave it idling for too long, I could let cmc run forever :( I hate change, it's never good.

Btw did you get a big spike on both cable & eur/usd at 22.03 last night???

Bunnygirl

Looks like Cable spiked up to 17468? Still there on my chart. Interesting what you say about IG's platformdisconnecting - mine doesn't :?: I agree the mid-price is confusing, I've been looking to see if there is a way to determine what price shows, not found one yet. I am storing up some questions for the helpdesk!

Pete.

hi bunnygirl
good to have you back.yes that was me who was in the moneytec chat room.approx 4 years ago.just a newbie in those days.
i think the bunny cross thread on moneytec had over half a million hits.
1.filter the move with 20 pips
2.wait for 5 wma and 20 wma to cross
etc etc
mister sheen etc
i think it has all been programmed by someone aswell
i thought you made youremillions and retired to a remote greek island
let us know

Another thing I don't like is IGidex disconnects if you leave it idling for too long, I could let cmc run forever :( I hate change, it's never good.

Bunnygirl

OK, I've sussed that one for you Bunnygirl - there is a setting in your preferences, for session inactivity:

IG.jpg

HTH, Pete.

IG's charts and prices never matched when I used them, which was why I cancelled my account a year or so back. But if they now offer dealing though charts, how can they still get away with it?

OK, I've sussed that one for you Bunnygirl - there is a setting in your preferences, for session inactivity:

HTH, Pete.

tyvm Pete, I think that's that one sorted! It seems 12 hours is max, at least it's a start.

Bunnygirl

IG's charts and prices never matched when I used them, which was why I cancelled my account a year or so back. But if they now offer dealing though charts, how can they still get away with it?

I still havn't found out how to trade "off the chart" yet - any ideas Pete??

Bunnygirl

Yes that's fairly straightforward Bunnygirl - use the Lists window on the charts, and use the little red and green arrows to set up a sell or buy ticket:

But that's trading off a list, not a chart? I was looking for a way to click on a chart & trade off that somehow.

Bunnygirl

I've just noticed that those little red and green arrows also appear in the little box at top left of each chart, so whenever you are viewing a chart, you will always have the ability to click and set up your order.

Pete.

Phil - That's what I used to find and the problem perists with IG.
I phoned them today. They say the data on the chart is their own. I thought the problem might arise from them trying to quote round data they are buying in themselves - so they are reactive rather than proactive, which would give rise to the mismatch. It's unlikely they would admit to that. The prices on the order tickets are always behind the chart and that leads to no fills a lot of the time when I try to deal at the market. In a fast market it makes it very hard to keep a small profit or exit without a loss. At least CMC give immediate requotes which you can take or leave.
I tried trading on the CMC ticket from the IG chart but the prices are not the same so I have to figure out a way of building the slippage that generates into the way I "see" the chart.
In my experience CMC is far better than IG for trade execution. I'm missing that. I suspect IG prefers its customers to use stops and limits but that is giving them too much info they can use against me and I don't need to let them have that on top of all the other advantages they already have.
I'd like to know what effect this charting **** up has had on CMC's business.

Phil - That's what I used to find and the problem perists with IG.
I phoned them today. They say the data on the chart is their own. I thought the problem might arise from them trying to quote round data they are buying in themselves - so they are reactive rather than proactive, which would give rise to the mismatch. It's unlikely they would admit to that. The prices on the order tickets are always behind the chart and that leads to no fills a lot of the time when I try to deal at the market. In a fast market it makes it very hard to keep a small profit or exit without a loss. At least CMC give immediate requotes which you can take or leave.
I tried trading on the CMC ticket from the IG chart but the prices are not the same so I have to figure out a way of building the slippage that generates into the way I "see" the chart.
In my experience CMC is far better than IG for trade execution. I'm missing that. I suspect IG prefers its customers to use stops and limits but that is giving them too much info they can use against me and I don't need to let them have that on top of all the other advantages they already have.
I'd like to know what effect this charting **** up has had on CMC's business.

Strangely I think theyre riding it out! Forum has calmed down, and i think quite frankly it will all calm down and be forgotten about and onwards they go.
I notice all sky tv credit crunch reports are coming out of cmc offices.

Yes - that would seem about right: people trading on "fundamentals" are always going to supply them with their bread and butter so why would they care about pleasing folks who know that psychology comes first and that that is what the charts are all about? Maybe they only have to give the illusion of user-friendliness to stay in business.
Or maybe they'll just piggy-back on IG and others: deal through CMC but get your charts from IG...
It would be nice to think that might focus IG on sharpening up their trade execution.