CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Craig, the only asset CMC have is Ashraf Laidi. Other than that, CMC are a joke / the platform is a joke. CMC's service is a joke. CMC coming on here is a joke. CMC advertising here is a joke. CMC's days are numbered as there are too many better alternative SERVICE providers. If you want your clients back, you'll have to pay them with cold hard cash to come back, otherwise you're wasting your time here.

If CMC wants to change for the better, they should start by changing their name, as the name CMC is doo doo on the street.

I don't wish CMC luck, I hope CMC find it unprofitable to be in business. I hope CMC go out of business, however i doubt this will happen anytime soon as Cruddas has more than enough doolah's to keep the company afloat, and we all know where those doolah's came from!

Bit harsh I think :eek:

Are OCO and if done orders supported by the new platform and the iphone app? Thx

Hi

Our web platform and I-phone app supports the full range of order types including the equivalent of OCO's and If-Done orders.

We now have stops and limits (now called take profit orders) linked to all our market orders (vast improvement on how we used to do it).

If-Dones have been replaced with limit orders which allow you to specify what price you wish to trade at and what levels you wish your stop and take profit orders to be placed at.

On the web platform all risk management tools can be viewed, amended and changed directly from the charts, which is a new function for us

If you have any other questions, please let me know

Regards

Craig

Hi

On the web platform all risk management tools can be viewed, amended and changed directly from the charts, which is a new function for us

Regards

Craig

Is it possible to trade directly on charts, ie, place/move orders by clicking and dragging?

Is it possible to trade directly on charts, ie, place/move orders by clicking and dragging?

You cant place a brand new order directly from the chart but you can amend and move stop loss and take profit orders directly, there are coloured horizontal lines for each order type that you can simply drag and drop to your preferred level, really useful for placing risk management close to major support or resistance.

Regards

Craig

Attachments

• uk100 stop and limit.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 888
Hi

Our web platform and I-phone app supports the full range of order types including the equivalent of OCO's and If-Done orders.

We now have stops and limits (now called take profit orders) linked to all our market orders (vast improvement on how we used to do it).

If-Dones have been replaced with limit orders which allow you to specify what price you wish to trade at and what levels you wish your stop and take profit orders to be placed at.

Regards

Craig

Does the new software have pop out charts?

Tia

Hi Craig

Thanks for your response regarding the OCO and If Done orders.

I am looking for an iphone spreadbet platform at the moment and have now downloaded the CMC app to test it out on a demo account:

Commodity spreads seem competitive. Equities a little bit less so - FTSE 100 firms seem to be between 15-25bps which is slightly higher than I hoped but it isn't unreasonable.

However, the main problem I'm having is when I am on my 3G network (everything is fine when I'm on a wireless connection). I keep getting logged out! Once I've signed in and tried to add a few products to my watchlist, I am asked to login. And, once I've logged in again, 1 minute goes by before I am required to login again. I assume that CMC is repeatedly 'pinging' my iphone for a response but when it doesn't get one within a certain time limit, it automatically logs me out. Please could you look into this.

Thx

James

You cant place a brand new order directly from the chart but you can amend and move stop loss and take profit orders directly, there are coloured horizontal lines for each order type that you can simply drag and drop to your preferred level, really useful for placing risk management close to major support or resistance.

Regards

Craig

Tried the demo. I can see orders but can't seem to drag/move anything directly on the chart?

Tried the demo. I can see orders but can't seem to drag/move anything directly on the chart?

Hi, you have to click on the triangle first, this represents your entry price, once this has been clicked (it will then be highlighted) you can then drag and drop the stops and take profit orders to your liking. this allows you to amend multiple orders separately

I hope this helps

Regards

Craig

i've just started using the CFD market maker platform and price changes are about 0.5sec behind or on time with my own IQfeed so at least they are in time with the market, spreads the same. Not placed in orders in really fast moving markets yet though but executing orders no problem with slower markets

i've just started using the CFD market maker platform and price changes are about 0.5sec behind or on time with my own IQfeed so at least they are in time with the market, spreads the same. Not placed in orders in really fast moving markets yet though but executing orders no problem with slower markets

Hi

The CFD platform will have the new, tighter spreads by next week on major FX and Indices. So 1.3 on the UK100/German30, 2.5 GBPUSD and 1.6 EURUSD etc. If you are based in the UK I would recommend looking at the next gen demo for spread betting as this is our new premier system. Next Gen for CFDs is not that far away though.

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig

Thanks for your response regarding the OCO and If Done orders.

I am looking for an iphone spreadbet platform at the moment and have now downloaded the CMC app to test it out on a demo account:

Commodity spreads seem competitive. Equities a little bit less so - FTSE 100 firms seem to be between 15-25bps which is slightly higher than I hoped but it isn't unreasonable.

However, the main problem I'm having is when I am on my 3G network (everything is fine when I'm on a wireless connection). I keep getting logged out! Once I've signed in and tried to add a few products to my watchlist, I am asked to login. And, once I've logged in again, 1 minute goes by before I am required to login again. I assume that CMC is repeatedly 'pinging' my iphone for a response but when it doesn't get one within a certain time limit, it automatically logs me out. Please could you look into this.

Thx

James

I am getting this looked into right now, there should be no issue with 3G, it should work even if you have the lower level internet connections. Any update from the tech team I will let you know, thanks for the feedback.

The spreads on UK FTSE100 equities should be 0.75 bps on either side with an increase only on FTSE 250 companies

Thanks for having a look

Regards

Craig

Thanks for the info, Craig.
On another topic, 1.6pt, 2.5pt spread, or whatever, are just confusing. Why not 1pt FTSE/DAX/EU, 2pt Dow, as per opposition?

Thanks for the info, Craig.
On another topic, 1.6pt, 2.5pt spread, or whatever, are just confusing. Why not 1pt FTSE/DAX/EU, 2pt Dow, as per opposition?

Well, what we are trying to do is offer the lowest consistent spreads, as in we will rarely be above 1.3 on the UK100 or above 1.6 on EURUSD.

Other firms that offer lower headline spreads state that it is 'from 1 point' but some of the time they could be 2 or even 3 points depending on volumes (if you check their average spreads they would likely be above our constant spreads)

It is because of our price precision that we are able to offer these kinds of spreads and sometimes even tighter.

For you guys its win/win, you have choice, its worth checking CMC's prices next to your other providers as sometimes they will be cheaper, sometime we will be cheaper

Check out EURUSD later in the afternoon, we will be 1.6 others will be simply 1 or 2

I hope this answers your question

Regards

Craig

I am getting this looked into right now, there should be no issue with 3G, it should work even if you have the lower level internet connections. Any update from the tech team I will let you know, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Craig.

As a quick update, I am now being logged out repeatedly on a wireless network which was working ok yesterday - once again, this is on the demo account.

Is there a way of zooming in on charts?

I was wondering about this. I was going to contact them about it but since you brought it up....

What I did notice is that if you watch the instructional video on their website, their charts have more buttons to click on. I am assuming that one of these buttons allows you to expand the chart.

The charts are not much use if you cannot expand them.

I want the missing buttons!

I was wondering about this. I was going to contact them about it but since you brought it up....

What I did notice is that if you watch the instructional video on their website, their charts have more buttons to click on. I am assuming that one of these buttons allows you to expand the chart.

Sadly although the new platform has many good features the charts is not one of them!
Very basic and miles behind what we had with market maker or what ig and others offer.

Hi Guys

Zooming in and out, additional manipulations plus many drawing tools have been built, we are just waiting for our next release on the next gen platform which will be very shortly

Expect these but many other charting options over the coming weeks

Regards

Craig

Sadly although the new platform has many good features the charts is not one of them!
Very basic and miles behind what we had with market maker or what ig and others offer.

Hi

You will be glad to know that we are adding substantially more tools on the charts including many advanced functions not seen anywhere else. We are looking to create a marketing leading charting package, this is just the beginning.

Regards

Craig