CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

I'm looking forward to the platform being finished sometime in 2020.
If we are still around here trading, ha ha. No really, like a website a platform will never really be "finished". It must be trade able though. For me certain parts like the charts need not to be functional, but one must feel secure trading with the platform. Slippage and such need to be foreseeable and the platform functions reasonable and stable enough.

"Take control with Risk & Money Management"
Planning, Risk & Money Management

If we are still around here trading, ha ha. No really, like a website a platform will never really be "finished". It must be trade able though. For me certain parts like the charts need not to be functional, but one must feel secure trading with the platform. Slippage and such need to be foreseeable and the platform functions reasonable and stable enough.

"Take control with Risk & Money Management"
Planning, Risk & Money Management

How will we be able to cope with our arthritic hands and failing eyesight?

Can you give me a link where I can find this document?

"Market Order The Platform will execute a Market Order to sell at the first available Sell
Price, and a Market Order to buy at the first available Buy Price, and will
do so as soon as possible after the Order is accepted. The Price at which
the Order will be executed may be less favourable to you than the Price
you see on the Platform when you place the Order (for instance, due to
market movements between the time you submit your Order and the time
the Platform executes your Order). The Platform will automatically cancel
(and not execute) a Market Order if the first available Sell Price or Buy
Price (as relevant) is outside of any Boundary (if applicable) that you have
set
."

http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk/sites/p...er_execution_policy_final_-_december_2011.pdf

"Market Order The Platform will execute a Market Order to sell at the first available Sell
Price, and a Market Order to buy at the first available Buy Price, and will
do so as soon as possible after the Order is accepted. The Price at which
the Order will be executed may be less favourable to you than the Price
you see on the Platform when you place the Order (for instance, due to
market movements between the time you submit your Order and the time
the Platform executes your Order). The Platform will automatically cancel
(and not execute) a Market Order if the first available Sell Price or Buy
Price (as relevant) is outside of any Boundary (if applicable) that you have
set
."
Thanks a lot. I noticed it also says "(if applicable)", well I guess we have to see if they implement this feature during this month. Please post if you noticed they have done so.

They upgraded their platform right this weekend along with some other new features (Alerts, Calendar), I can log into the new version platform now. I see it can set a default boundry by pips or by %.
Besides the new features, It seems they removed the "save ticket quantity" perference. That's a useful feature they shouldn't remove that, without that I will have to type a quantity each time.
I can't wait try the platform upgrades after market open.

They upgraded their platform right this weekend along with some other new features (Alerts, Calendar), I can log into the new version platform now. I see it can set a default boundry by pips or by %.
Besides the new features, It seems they removed the "save ticket quantity" perference. That's a useful feature they shouldn't remove that, without that I will have to type a quantity each time.
I can't wait try the platform upgrades after market open.
Yes that sounds interesting, give us a post on how it actually work in live trading. Why they removed the "save ticket quantity" feature I just don't understand.

Yes "Boundaries" an excellent idea by CMC if it works satisfactory. This means you have a possibility to control the slippage. Ok, you have to accept more rejections if set to narrow, but that is a price one have to pay to be in charge. I like it, it will be very interesting to see how it plays out in live trading. So all you CMC next-gen "live" account holders, get back and report on how this new interesting feature works.

The 'max deviation' feature may not be an advantage if you're trying to close and the market is running away from you.

Yes, the boundaries worked. I set it to 0.01%, it did reject order if the price has moved against me.