CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

IG have at last cut their spreads - now CMC don't stand a chance.

But it's still fx 'from 0.8p' and the US30 'from 2pt', whereas City is fixed 1pt.

Yes, but IMHO IG still have the best platform by far - but couldn't go back to them as I've become used to the 1 pip spreads.

Yes, but IMHO IG still have the best platform by far - but couldn't go back to them as I've become used to the 1 pip spreads.
Yes I agree, it is not easy to go back to wider spread when one get accustomed to a narrower spread.:)

Shouldn't be that long before CMC next-gen get introduced in Sweden. I am really looking forward to trying them out. Not much action here from traders using them. Not even the guys that weren't to fond of them is posting any negative experiences. Could it be that CMC next-gen is getting more precise and better in their execution of trades?

Shouldn't be that long before CMC next-gen get introduced in Sweden. I am really looking forward to trying them out. Not much action here from traders using them. Not even the guys that weren't to fond of them is posting any negative experiences. Could it be that CMC next-gen is getting more precise and better in their execution of trades?

No. just nothing more to add to a platform I'm no longer using - I dare say it's the same for most others.

No. just nothing more to add to a platform I'm no longer using - I dare say it's the same for most others.
Ok, I understand, although there seems to be a few others that are satisfied with CMC, but I honestly don't know, too few posts really, in order to know how well they are performing. Guess I have to find out myself when the day comes I can sign up with them.

Ok, I understand, although there seems to be a few others that are satisfied with CMC, but I honestly don't know, too few posts really, in order to know how well they are performing. Guess I have to find out myself when the day comes I can sign up with them.

Yeah, best way. I suppose everyone expects slightly different things from their broker, CMC wasn't bad at first but the couple of small advantages it offered were soon lost to the drawbacks.

Yeah, best way. I suppose everyone expects slightly different things from their broker, CMC wasn't bad at first but the couple of small advantages it offered were soon lost to the drawbacks.
Fair enough.:)

As the new CMC order execution policy docuemnt states, slippage range will be controllable start from Dec 11.

As the new CMC order execution policy docuemnt states, slippage range will be controllable start from Dec 11.
Yes, that sounds interesting to follow and to see what comes out of that. At least they seem to be aware of the problem, and hopefully an acceptable solution to the problem will follow.

Yep. Gave up on it after a few days, and CMC's help people are full of apologies but pretty useless at fixing problems. Still waiting for a reply after a month or so.

I'd be surprised if anyone used Next Gen for serious trading. Instead of producing silly videos starring Black Swan (allegedly), they should concentrate on providing a decent platform, not a beta release that clients use their own funds to develop for a year.

I use CMC and personally I think the new platform is much more stable than the old MarketMaker. I know other posters have said otherwise but that might have depended how good my computer was. The crashes were frequent with MarketMaker and the time to restart was considerable and then you lost five or ten minutes of bars (or candles) At least with the new platform the charts stay intact when you log back on.
A couple of things really need addressing.....The blue or orange arrow needs to hollowed out because as it is, it blocks two bars and therefore it becomes impossible to see how the next few bars relate to your entry point.
On second thought........maybe this is deliberate.....just kidding, just kidding.
The two ticket idea is just awful.
By the way PC owes me a thousand dollars. A few years ago CMC had server melt down. I was in a losing trade at the time and placed an order to sell and the ticket disappeared but no confirmation arrived. My stock was dropping like a stone. ( I had an independent live feed) So I rang CMC Aust. Waiting, waiting, waiting, eventually got the English office. They informed me my account had been liquidated.
I could prove that the order was placed. We had an exchange of emails but they quoted section ABC, subsection Z and
Appendix P.O.Q. so that was that and I had to start all over again.
So Pete how about it?

I use CMC and personally I think the new platform is much more stable than the old MarketMaker. I know other posters have said otherwise but that might have depended how good my computer was. The crashes were frequent with MarketMaker and the time to restart was considerable and then you lost five or ten minutes of bars (or candles) At least with the new platform the charts stay intact when you log back on.
A couple of things really need addressing.....The blue or orange arrow needs to hollowed out because as it is, it blocks two bars and therefore it becomes impossible to see how the next few bars relate to your entry point.
On second thought........maybe this is deliberate.....just kidding, just kidding.
The two ticket idea is just awful.
By the way PC owes me a thousand dollars. A few years ago CMC had server melt down. I was in a losing trade at the time and placed an order to sell and the ticket disappeared but no confirmation arrived. My stock was dropping like a stone. ( I had an independent live feed) So I rang CMC Aust. Waiting, waiting, waiting, eventually got the English office. They informed me my account had been liquidated.
I could prove that the order was placed. We had an exchange of emails but they quoted section ABC, subsection Z and
Appendix P.O.Q. so that was that and I had to start all over again.
So Pete how about it?

Yet you still use them?

Yet you still use them?
I know, it's a bit weird. As far as I knew at the time they were the only
CFD providers in Australia.
I came back with a very substantial win after that. (lost it again, my fault)
A case of the devil you know.......but I'm having a good look around now.

I know, it's a bit weird. As far as I knew at the time they were the only
CFD providers in Australia.
I came back with a very substantial win after that. (lost it again, my fault)
A case of the devil you know.......but I'm having a good look around now.
Yes we are all struck by this sickness from time to time.:)

Maybe this is a remedy that could cure this sickness?
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/pla...140296-visualrmm-interactive-new-concept.html

I think we all agree that Risk & Money Management is one of the most important aspects of trading. For some traders it is the last resort after a down and battered account.
Aint that the truth.
And thanks for the down load