CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Take responsibility of your own trading environment, move on to another SB if you find them being so terrible. Or do you have a love and hate relationship with CMC next-gen?:)

I still take money off them but find it could be more without the games :)

The time outs p1ss me off that was meant to be fixed...

As a matter of interest, what sort of OS, browser and computer do you use,and have you found Next Gen works differently depending on set-up? re, time-outs, Chrome on Win 7 seems to log out after a few minutes (worse than before), but Firefox with XP and Vista is OK. Don't know if this is a Flash problem, or what?

As a matter of interest, what sort of OS, browser and computer do you use,and have you found Next Gen works differently depending on set-up? re, time-outs, Chrome on Win 7 seems to log out after a few minutes (worse than before), but Firefox with XP and Vista is OK. Don't know if this is a Flash problem, or what?

Hi, I have tried all avaliable browsers on win xp pro and win 7 OS.

Of course I'm greedy, its the nature of the trading beast. :)
Ok I got you. It is just funny that somebody making money is at war with his broker.:)

Well, if you are not impressed by their platform and performance, take responsibility, move on to another SB. Or have you lost a lot of money and want to get even by ranting this way? I have stated over and over again that I like what the platform is set out to do.

They have narrow spread, no re-quotes and seldom "price no longer valid", slippage yes but how much is it really in average, and has it been improved after the upgrade? You can move the stop and target directly on the chart, although the charts at the moment need much to desire. Some of you guys that trade live with them seems to post your own agendas, and not give good reports, that somebody like me, who are not able to trade live with them can depend on being somewhat accurate.

As previously stated I am now with City - so far so good - single ticket for entries, fixed 1 point spread on E/U and stops being hit on the money - that's pretty much all I ask of my SB provider.

Also as previously mentioned I am simply offering my fair and honest critique of the CMC platform - something you seem to be very resistant to - I have absolutely no idea how you think your opinions have any relevance seeing that you can't trade with them anyway, it's like giving a book review based on the cover :LOL:

As previously stated I am now with City - so far so good - single ticket for entries, fixed 1 point spread on E/U and stops being hit on the money - that's pretty much all I ask of my SB provider.

Look out for slippage if/when you start making a profit.

Also as previously mentioned I am simply offering my fair and honest critique of the CMC platform - something you seem to be very resistant to - I have absolutely no idea how you think your opinions have any relevance seeing that you can't trade with them anyway, it's like giving a book review based on the cover :LOL:
No you are right, I can't trade with them, but I expect accurate reports, no a load of moaning.:)

How do you manage the stops with city?

My market hours City stops have NEVER shown a single point of slipage and I have tarderd 100's of times with them.

My market hours City stops have NEVER shown a single point of slipage and I have tarderd 100's of times with them.

I've traded thousands of times with Fins, which is supposed to be the same thing in a different colour, and have definitely been slipped more than a single point on many occasions recently.

Is trading with SB and with market makers perfect, no definitely not. Is trading DMA a perfect setup for trading, no absolutely not. All things can go wrong with both and it is up to us to be aware of the dangers that might headed our way. By the way, Capitalspreads is 100% when it comes to slippage, City as I experienced them 99%, pretty good both of them,
I wonder if DMA can compete?:)

No it cant , they have no dealer-referral at Eurex and CME , how they can compete with Capitalspreads ?!
Dealer referral, is not a common practice by SB today. I mean with City I can get into a trade with 1 point spread on the YM with no commission. DMA has its own problems trading with a broker, platform freezes, goes down, and so forth, not much better compared to SB. Trading SB you can get into a trade at a lower entry level compared to DMA. Both have got its advantages and flaws, and it is up to the trader to choose the right trading environment. To moan over the one or the other is not a good trading virtue in my opinion.

Are you on dealer referral at CS by the way?:)

Is that the reason why you are moaning about SB advantages for five years;) ?
Can you really moan over something positive, ha ha.
No really, these two trading environments walk hand in hand, from a traders perspective they are not each other rival.