CMC Account Problems

think a lot of people will be thinking the same

have been trying to contact them today, cannot get them on the phone & every time I contact them via 'chat' it just keeps saying 'dealer has left con' ..as though they r just ignoring me

they answered my first contact but failed to answer my specific question & have ignored me ever since...........very unprofessional

jay

I have just received the following email from CMC:

"I apologise greatly for the inconvenience. We were experiencing some technical problems. Your funds should still be there."

I suppose it is something, shame it has taken them 2 days to reply to my original email.

AGB said:
"Your funds should still be there."

LOL - nothing definite then. It would certainly have been more reassuring for you to be told your funds will still be there, rather than should! :cheesy:

hi

just a query
what is the difference between web based system and market maker's system with deal4free and which one is better?

thanks in adv.

Hi

Web based trading platforms operate within a standard web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer).

Some companies offer their own software that do not require a web browser. D4F offer both options.

As to whether one is better than the other is a matter of opinion. The application based software tends to have more functionality than the pure web based platforms.

Personally, I prefer the installed application over the web based alternative. It is just handy to use the web based system when you want to check your account etc from a machine that does not have the MM software installed.

In the case of D4F, both are Java based.

Hope this helps.

(BTW I wouldn't rely on either at the moment. They (CMC) have had a number of problems of late - refer to previous threads! - although when I spoke to them last night they assured me that 'their problems are behind them'!)

After being down all weekend D4F is back up.....

and surprise, surprise they have still got all my postions f**ked up!!!

Am I the only one?????

organising events in breweries springs to mind..... :devilish:

Last edited:
Deal4free? Dupe4free it should be......I have had some "phantom trades" placed against my account and money disappear.....been intouch with them and they say that as far as they are concerned, the problem is at my end!!! Basically i have had trades placed against my account at between 2 and 3 in the morning when i am sound asleep with the up shot that they have contributed to around £400 going missing from my account...have written to their compliance department with a long complaint and will see what the out come is...if i am not happy with them will be forced to complain to the FSA. even checked my balance this evening and it has changed since friday. Plus they are showing me with an open position when i went flat on friday.....looks like its time to jump ship i think...does anyone have any good experiences with any of the other Spreadbetting companies that they would like to recomend????

Any Newbies be aware.......Dont Deal4free.........it might cost you dearly!!!!!!!!!!

They are having problems but so far my statements have all been correct. Having looked at the alternatives, there are none that offer a 5pt spread rolling bet on the Dow and a 3pt spread rolling bet on the FTSE. So using any of the alternatives will cost a lot more money. It is a shame that Deal4free has no competition when it comes to spread size.

the new 'capital spreads ' is looking slightly competative, not compared all the instruments, but 3 point spread on daily dax & 4 on future is better than D4F.

something to keep an eye on I think

jay

Even more alarmingly i think that they are playing with my total equity. I made a point of noting down my current positions, the price of the instruments im trading and my account balance. In that time my overall positions have not changed although they appear to have lowered my equity by about 10 pounds...
Very worrying indeed...

All seems to have gone tits up again at D4F. IT was put right end of last week but today they have technical problems again. Money has gone from the account but the client report is showing correct.

Kathy