CMC - credit where due

ivorm

There have been a lot of negative posts on this site regarding CMC - and so I thought I should redress the balance with something positive.

I have been a customer of CMC (aka Deal4Free) for several years and have never had any major issues with them.

This morning when I checked my positions, I found that a cable position had been opened for me during the night and was now showing a loss. I won't go into all the details, but basically this position had been opened by a stop order that I was certain had been cancelled.

I immediately closed the position and then phoned CMC who said that they would investigate. I received a courteous call a little later and was told that the trade would be cancelled and the money restored to my account. This has been done, and my account is now as it should be.

In my experience then, CMC's customer service has been prompt, efficient and courteous.

ivorm said:
There have been a lot of negative posts on this site regarding CMC - and so I thought I should redress the balance with something positive.

I have been a customer of CMC (aka Deal4Free) for several years and have never had any major issues with them.

This morning when I checked my positions, I found that a cable position had been opened for me during the night and was now showing a loss. I won't go into all the details, but basically this position had been opened by a stop order that I was certain had been cancelled.

I immediately closed the position and then phoned CMC who said that they would investigate. I received a courteous call a little later and was told that the trade would be cancelled and the money restored to my account. This has been done, and my account is now as it should be.

In my experience then, CMC's customer service has been prompt, efficient and courteous.
I have been both a poster of good/bad for CMC, i'll hold my hands up..
pro's: tax free, good charts - great, no doubt excellent if your profitable and a swing-position type trader.
cons: not renowned for their service,...,...

However.......
Its great that they fixed the problem
....after the event.

I have concerns that there backend appears to have left a stop order on when you have cancelled it and you should too. I also suffered sometime back from a position that was supposed to be flat but got rolled over. They fixed it the following evening but i had to live with it through the following day.

if it fits your style and its saving you more money than the alternatives stick with it..
Good luck.

CMC - good or bad?

This still makes me a little nervous though.
I had a similar experience - a stop I thought had been cancelled put me into a trade that I didn't want to be in. When I checked the charts I found that the stop hadn't even been hit. When I contacted them they said that the charts were indicative of price only and didn't show all of the data (?). Without a pause for breath they offered to cancel the fill and refund my money.
Although grateful I was a little concerned that they were so quick to refund. Is something going on or are they just a bit paranoid?
:|