CMC Account Problems

keano

327 30
Yeah...me too AGB. my trade at 1 Pound per point which is now nearly break-even is still costing me 90 squid, lol...
Your right about the bias with shares aswell. trying to do US stocks with D4F can be like asking for a losing trade. Someone give me a typical cheap/easy set up for trading with IB please?i.e charting, what to do as far as data feeds are concerned...fees, remember...im used to spreadbetting so all the data feed talk etc is a bit alien to me.

drivethru

4 0
There is a new SB company starting up www.capitalspreads.com it looks promising ... but they are not live yet you can only do simulation trades ...nice site and easy to surf around. Heres hoping that they are finally someone to compete with the D4F guys.

drivethru

4 0
mmmmmm .... neil . i think you are looking at the quarterly (fwd) FX rate. in comparison IG and City are an even more impressive 20 and 22 points.
They do not have the daily spreads on the simulator but if you look in the Market Specs sheet you will see that the daily EUR/USD spread will be a quite slim 4 pips

options

2,374 218
AGB.
Take your pick between FXCM and Refcofx, both do mini accounts and now both for $300. nothing to choose between them as they both use the same charts, news feed etc.

CMC compares on spread most times, but they do go their own way, and are often off the mark, and get up to all the usual tricks.
It might be tax free, but I'd rather make a bit more and pay tax.

keano

327 30
anyones A/C fixed yet. mines still saying im losing more than i know i am...

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Drivethro

Re - Capital Spreads:

I've deleted my post since it was inaccurate.

You are right - their daily forex has an attractive low spread
and charts.

AGB

32 0
I can't even logon to Marketmaker now.

Last time I looked some 15 minutes ago still showing NIL balance.

AGB

Finlayson

410 10
Cant log on to either platform , no Dec contract folder on the Lite platform & a mess up of orders.....what a farse!

this was the last thing they wanted to do with 'new competition ' just springing up, but if people start to close account they will only have themselves to blame

Lambchops

126 0
I put in a buy order on the FTSE cash, which was OK, and then pressed the sell order button and nothing has happened. The market has fallen and I cant contact D4F by telephone or e-mail or log on to MarketMaster. Anybody else having this problem? If you are what are you doing about it?

frugi

1,827 126
Certainly am, and it's extremely irritating. Managed to log on for just long enough to place a trade that may or may not have been confirmed and now I can't log back in after repeated attempts. I imagine they're fielding a deluge of angry phone calls at the moment so we'll have to be patient.

keano

327 30
logged on now, but my damn Account is STILL saying that im losing more than i am....bloody annoying!

olwenh

112 0
I've had problems too & waited on the phone for 10mins before speaking to someone.

Luckily it was only about a limit order I was trying to place so no damage. But I asked the man what would have happened if I was in a trade that was going badly against me & he said that they would know how long someone had been waiting on the phone & the prices. Said they'd put the trades right - so moral is 'Hang onto the phone till someone answers'.

Not trying anymore trades today as this happened to me yesterday afternoon & had loads of incorrect margin calls over the w/e.

Lambchops

126 0
I have now managed to log on and have closed the trade at a 36 point loss. I e-mailed them between the two trades stating that I had pressed the sell button earlier and had no response. I understand that their server will know that I tried to close the trade so will I have any comebacks with them.

olwenh

112 0
Who knows?

But they've put everything right on my account & say they are aware of the problems people are having getting through. I'd call them & sort it out.

Good luck

olwenh

112 0
I'm also taking regular print-outs of my 'All orders' blotter so that I can prove all my trades.

It's quite simple - with the mouse within the blotter somewhere, press the right click button. Then there's an option to print the blotter.

I'm print out my 'current positions' too.

I had a worrying weekend with large margin calls that I knew couldn't be right, but as their system was down they couldn't check.

o

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock