Climate Change

Things change. Adapt or die. Both true.
Unfortunately some aspects of human behaviour do not change, in particular the nasty ones.
Be welcoming, optimistic, adaptive and open minded, but also be prepared for any eventuality (most of which have occurred throughout history - which is not bunk but is simply experience ) and wary of those who wish you harm.
Not rocket science.

Things change. Adapt or die. Both true.
Unfortunately some aspects of human behaviour do not change, in particular the nasty ones.
Be welcoming, optimistic, adaptive and open minded, but also be prepared for any eventuality (most of which have occurred throughout history - which is not bunk but is simply experience ) and wary of those who wish you harm.
Not rocket science.

Agreed.

Russia, China and good many other nations and people have changed and adapted.

Now it is our turn.

(y)

What are you on about? Those indigenous people are not extinct, they have adapted. In the end the dinosaurs had no choice about their further existence, there wasn't time to evolve. Prior to the meteor strike however, they had been fabulously successful by evolution through 30 or 40 million years: we have a bit of catching up to do.

We definitely should try to make our own history but if you don't know what our predecessors did wrong, we're going to be blinkering ourselves while we do it.

They may not be extinct but they sure have been pistol whipped to say the least.

You either underplay the atrocities of the West or overplay the East. Let me rephrase that. You either underplay the atrocities of one party and overplay the other as it suits your agenda.

Let's play fair old bean... :)

They may not be extinct but they sure have been pistol whipped to say the least.

You either underplay the atrocities of the West or overplay the East. Let me rephrase that. You either underplay the atrocities of one party and overplay the other as it suits your agenda.

Let's play fair old bean... :)

Play fair? I thought I always tried to do this, not least today when I tried to imply you had simply misread the earlier comments about appeasement in the 1930's and you might like to review what you had said and try again. Don't know why I bothered now as you haven't had the good grace to come back on that, you just ignored your own misunderstanding and kept quiet on the matter. Your opinions are always worth reading but your behaviour today on this has not so far been up to par.

I really am flabbergasted that Trump is still pulling out of the Paris Climate Change agreements. That is a 19 countries versus his position of one.It just goes to show what an idiot he is. He seems to pulling back to isolationism similar to the US position in the 1930s.Can't he learn even the simplist lessons from the not too distant past ?
True the US has wasted trillions of $s meddling in other country's economics and politics but that was through sheer incompetence. It is obvious China and Russia will fill the gaps left, but with their own agendas.

Was America GREAT in the 1930s ? No, it was irrelevant.

Last edited:
I really am flabbergasted that Trump is still pulling out of the Paris Climate Change agreements. That is a 19 countries versus his position of one.It just goes to show what an idiot he is. He seems to pulling back to isolationism similar to the US position in the 1930s.Can't he learn even the simplist lessons from the not too distant past ?
True the US has wasted trillions of $s meddling in other country's economics and politics but that was through sheer incompetence. It is obvious China and Russia will fill the gaps left, but with their own agendas.

Was America GREAT in the 1930s ? No, it was irrelevant.

Does America really matter anymore???

China and Volvo, China and Europe...

It's all about the next new GREENnnnnn revolution baby. :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
I really am flabbergasted that Trump is still pulling out of the Paris Climate Change agreements. That is a 19 countries versus his position of one.It just goes to show what an idiot he is.

Trump is only doing what he promised during the campaign. Staying in the Paris agreement will not "Make America Great Again". Perhaps other countries are upset because Trump is not kowtowing to them as Obama did. The Paris agreement is not good for the USA in any form.

China will INCREASE emissions until 2030 while the US will be under pressure to drastically eliminate them. Of course they pledged to abide by it.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/01/c...nly-their-plans-show-a-much-different-intent/

Peter

Last edited:
Trump is only doing what he promised during the campaign. Staying in the Paris agreement will not "Make America Great Again". Perhaps other countries are upset because Trump is not kowtowing to them as Obama did. The Paris agreement is not good for the USA in any form.

Peter

Have you considered what being Great means?

What price or cost are you prepared to pay or sacrifice to Make America Great Again?

Have you considered what being Great means?

What price or cost are you prepared to pay or sacrifice to Make America Great Again?

Developed nations are also supposed to offer financial aid to developing ones so they can move toward cleaner energy sources. You are upset that you will have to pay the lions share of that now since the US has pulled out. I pay enough in wasted taxes to pay any more.

Peter

now that we are posting I see "marketpsych" looking in...

Peter

Last edited:
Being great does not mean taking the lead on every global initiative no matter what the cost to our citizens.

Peter

Point I was trying to make is that we all live in the same one World and we can't all be great.

It's good to share and play together. More fun. :)

I am still trying to guess when the US was GREAT.
Just envious of a once GREAT Britain ? The US is getting too much competition just as the UK did.
The feeble UK politicians are still letting the asset strippers sell off our best companies to foreigners. Probably hoping for kick backs.

Last edited:
Developed nations are also supposed to offer financial aid to developing ones so they can move toward cleaner energy sources. You are upset that you will have to pay the lions share of that now since the US has pulled out. I pay enough in wasted taxes to pay any more.

Peter

We all pay taxes, we all have our own agendas of where the money ought to be spent and ought not to be spent. The machines of government are financially wasteful in all countries.

So we're all in the same boat. If we can work together we can benefit everyone, if such a major player as the US doesn't play a major part, we will all lose, including the US.

Is Trump looking for others to pick up the climate change bill ? - yes
Perhaps even offer to bribe the US to be sensible ? - possibly, but unlikely to happen.
It just goes to show how stupid money driven dolts can be. The air will turn foul even in sunny Florida and the oceans become poisonous to make Dump a trillionaire.