city index trading academy

City Index have invested over £250,000 into this venture between, personnel fee's, running costs and prize money. The reason being... they have lost a lot of clients over the past 18 months, and new account openings are at an all time low.

The whole project is noting more, and I mean completely nothing more, than marketing hype.

I never thought it was anything more than marketing hype, just another Mike Baghdady style con. However you said earlier that we should do some 'proper' research and that we'd discover that 2 of the candidates are amateur actors. Please go ahead and prove that.

them being actors i reckon is complete crap, laidi was at cmc before ci. maybe its a hobby.

this says it all really....the guy who was in the lead says:
"If I won the cash prize, I would concentrate on my Knowledge of London studies to become a London Black Taxi Cab driver and of course – make some strategic investments for my future"

so he wont even continue trading, just investing. he still aims to be a cabbie. thats not exactly the best encouragement for wannabe newbies.

rsh01 - I never said laidi or chen were the actors, I said they 2 were idiots that spout sh*t for a living via City Index and their own websites for fixed salary's, you have miss-understood me. Those 2 are analysts not traders, there is a difference between an analyst and a trader, analysts get paid to hype up, get punters believing in something and bring in new money from investors ect ect, I don't think I need to tell you what a trader does? those 2 names above have worked for various brokers in their time. My point about those 2 were they don't trade, they say they do, but they don't. The are hype merchants/analysts, bullshi**ers, talk a good game but can't play the game, however you want to put it.

My comment on actors was referring to some of the people who are on their course "the students".

Alex

Yes we know. We are asking which two are the actors. Chen and Laidi are employees, we all know that.

Which two 'traders' are actors?

I saw the advertising and hav'nt bothered to watch......looks like you guys seem to have covered pretty much everything expected of it

if it gets some customers in it might work for them ..........i'm working on a new venture called

The only way is trading

and am looking for participants !

Attachments

• towie traders.jpg
    towie traders.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 325
This has some entertainment potential.

Hilary Leighter | Trading Academy | City Index

She's saying how glad she is that the instructor taught them the rules for entering a trade last night. Didn't they start last week?

Hmmm, ex-Management Consultant, definately one to keep an eye on (and that can be taken either way!)

Interesting to see this unfold though and it would be great education for noobs if we could really get to the bottom of what happened and when. The absolute truth would be great for us but less so for City Index I guess.

City Index have invested over £250,000 into this venture between, personnel fee's, running costs and prize money. The reason being... they have lost a lot of clients over the past 18 months, and new account openings are at an all time low.

The whole project is noting more, and I mean completely nothing more, than marketing hype.

Oh no, another illusion shattered. I thought it was like that dancing thing with Sir Bruce, where they turn complete amateurs (or worse) into professional dancers.

And all those judges are independant are they not? Please don't tell me it is all scripted and acted.

Incidentally we were approached recently by a firm who run this kind of thing for traders to join, they wanted us to partner with them.

Anyone interested ;)

How do you know this is the figure?

Oh no, another illusion shattered. I thought it was like that dancing thing with Sir Bruce, where they turn complete amateurs (or worse) into professional dancers.

And all those judges are independant are they not? Please don't tell me it is all scripted and acted.

Incidentally we were approached recently by a firm who run this kind of thing for traders to join, they wanted us to partner with them.

Anyone interested
;)

Yeah:LOL: what is the prize money?

We had a thread on here which was a resounding success...might be worth a read!
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/44946-beat-broker-compo.html

I saw the advertising and hav'nt bothered to watch......looks like you guys seem to have covered pretty much everything expected of it

if it gets some customers in it might work for them ..........i'm working on a new venture called

The only way is trading

and am looking for participants !

Wouldn't it be interesting to run something like this for real? Invite real new traders to try it all out under our/your guidance. Yes I know we could well predict the outcome but you never know it might teach us all something. No harm in having positions/opinions challenged by experience in my view.

That's not a proposal, just a thought that popped into my head, i'll make sure it pops out again.

Anyone interested ;)

Or of course Jim'll fix it...please Jim, fix it for me to be a trader :cry:

Well its like that but with Ann Widdecombe giving the lessons. I'm sure you'll be a professional after 6 weeks of that.

Attachments

• City Index.jpg
    City Index.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 206
This is a bit off topic but do you think we should do more competitions?

I know CV is keen but what do the rest of you think? I think we used to do more than we do now but I'm deliberately not looking back as history does not always inform the future that well.

That's deep isn't it? Don't know where that came from, too much coffee today I guess.

So what do you think? More comps? For what?

Sensible answers only please, well, reasonably sensible.

This is a bit off topic but do you think we should do more competitions?

I know CV is keen but what do the rest of you think? I think we used to do more than we do now but I'm deliberately not looking back as history does not always inform the future that well.

That's deep isn't it? Don't know where that came from, too much coffee today I guess.

So what do you think? More comps? For what?

Sensible answers only please, well, reasonably sensible.

Actually, I insist. You must read the thread:)
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/44946-beat-broker-compo.html

One of the rare examples where (dare I say it) the community came together. Not only that, but a SB Co representative also played an active role.

Can somebody help Hilary out here? She needs to know when its going to go up. I wonder why her instructors didnt tell her that? Arent they supposed to be experts.

https://twitter.com/Hilary_Leighter

"Hilary ‏@Hilary_Leighter
#tradingacademy Put on buy trade and it did go up but then stopped me out again. How do you know when it is finally going to go up?"

Can somebody help Hilary out here? She needs to know when its going to go up. I wonder why her instructors didnt tell her that? Arent they supposed to be experts.

#tradingacademy Put on buy trade and it did go up but then stopped me out again. How do you know when it is finally going to go up?"

After it stops going down.:smart:
Never be let it said that I do not tell you everything !

[/COLOR]

After it stops going down.:smart:
Never be let it said that I do not tell you everything !

Well she needs your help on twitter

Hilary ‏@Hilary_Leighter
#trading academy @alaidi Huge apologies - when you say Wall St will go up to resistance, buy it - it would help if I waited till it opened!

Well she needs your help on twitter

Hilary ‏@Hilary_Leighter
#trading academy @alaidi Huge apologies - when you say Wall St will go up to resistance, buy it - it would help if I waited till it opened!

Well here's some more advice.

Stop buggering about on Twitter and concentrate on the job in hand:)

100k prize fund eh...thats about 4 yrs nett wages I would imagine :LOL:
You would think that was enough incentive.

Last edited:

f$ck me,are they really that clueless