city index trading academy

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,268 3,005
Maybe they've all stopped trading because they realise the only way they are going win is not to trade.

Personally I can't believe they'd even try this. Any experienced trader would know you can't teach newbies to trade successfully in such a short time. Perhaps if they took on 1000 candidates then a few would make a lot of money - by chance. But only 8 - pretty low odds in my opinion.

You can't replace the experience of making mistakes, taking losses and witnessing live price action first hand that seems to be moving in defiance of common sense.

I think city index could come out of this looking pretty bad.

and then some !

what on earth possesed them to do this...the mind boggles.

donaldduke

Experienced member
1,665 257
Interesting that James Absalom is down the most and will probably be the first to get the boot.
He was the one who is planning to buy and fast car with the prize fund.
I think the first Turtle to get the boot from the original Turtle program had similar ideas.

donaldduke

Experienced member
1,665 257
"For this week, the starting cash balance is £5,000."

Seems they are going to reset the accounts every week?
With larger and larger sums being traded every week??

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
9,794 975
Interesting that James Absalom is down the most and will probably be the first to get the boot.
He was the one who is planning to buy and fast car with the prize fund.
I think the first Turtle to get the boot from the original Turtle program had similar ideas.

so if hed said i want to give his profits to charity and do some flower arranging would that have helped his cause:)

R.Charnock

400 124
Why kick anyone out? Why can't we just enjoy the spectacle of someone completely blowing an account? Besides, it would be educational for noobs.

donaldduke

Experienced member
1,665 257
so they are using demo accounts?

Even if they are real accounts they are effectively demo accounts as City Index are putting up the money and also taking the other side of the bets.

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,303
I see James Absalom has got the boot. John McMeekan looks like he'll be next, he's -12%. Remember he's the one we all had to watch due to his track record.

Interesting that they remove all mention of James from the results. I suppose they're hoping to only have winning traders at the end of the project with all mention of the losers swept under the carpet.

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
9,794 975
I see James Absalom has got the boot. John McMeekan looks like he'll be next, he's -12%. Remember he's the one we all had to watch due to his track record.

Interesting that they remove all mention of James from the results. I suppose they're hoping to only have winning traders at the end of the project with all mention of the losers swept under the carpet.

and if no one finishes in positive territory ,not that wed want that:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock