city index trading academy

"For this week, the starting cash balance is £5,000."

Seems they are going to reset the accounts every week?
With larger and larger sums being traded every week??

Interesting that James Absalom is down the most and will probably be the first to get the boot.
He was the one who is planning to buy and fast car with the prize fund.
I think the first Turtle to get the boot from the original Turtle program had similar ideas.

so if hed said i want to give his profits to charity and do some flower arranging would that have helped his cause:)

Why kick anyone out? Why can't we just enjoy the spectacle of someone completely blowing an account? Besides, it would be educational for noobs.

I see James Absalom has got the boot. John McMeekan looks like he'll be next, he's -12%. Remember he's the one we all had to watch due to his track record.

Interesting that they remove all mention of James from the results. I suppose they're hoping to only have winning traders at the end of the project with all mention of the losers swept under the carpet.

I see James Absalom has got the boot. John McMeekan looks like he'll be next, he's -12%. Remember he's the one we all had to watch due to his track record.

Interesting that they remove all mention of James from the results. I suppose they're hoping to only have winning traders at the end of the project with all mention of the losers swept under the carpet.

and if no one finishes in positive territory ,not that wed want that:)

Did you see the bit where the guy was having a go at one of the bottom three for trading too small position sizes. So sensible money management is not in their training clearly as if the guy had been trading bigger positions he would have done as bad or worse as the guy that lost 9.2%

McMeekan currently is short the Dow and DAX, making about 100 pts on those trades since this mornings high, about £450 in profit on those open trades at the moment, he really going for it.

John Mcmeekan | Trading Academy | City Index

Do a proper and extensive Google search on images and you will see 2 of them are amateur actors that have worked in low budget stage productions. My guess is the rest are as well, or similar.

In terms of Mr Chan and the other idiot, these 2 have never traded seriously in their life, they are nothing more than analysts and hype merchants paid a fixed salary by City, as well as run their own 'information' based sites for cash.

Which two? Give us somewhere to start.

Attachments

• penny dropped.jpg
    penny dropped.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 177
pboyles - I thought it was obvious myself regardless of my miss-spelling/typo of the gezza's name.

It's actually Chen and not Chan, but that doesn't really matter as hes not important.

So to clarify the idiots I refer to are, James Chen, and Ashraf Laidi, they are nothing more than a couple of hyped up fixed salary analysts... better know as gobsh**es!

Who are the amateur 'actors' you refer to, not the idiots.

Did you see the bit where the guy was having a go at one of the bottom three for trading too small position sizes. So sensible money management is not in their training clearly as if the guy had been trading bigger positions he would have done as bad or worse as the guy that lost 9.2%

thats what i couldnt quite comprehend.

how much have each spent on the spread? i assume they dont want to promote selective trading. james, a newbie, doing ~15 trades a day - scalpers volume, with an SB, on the ftse (daily ATR c55).

all in all a terrible show & v poor example for newbies. but it no doubt works as a marketing tool. and it may even cover 2 part time actors expenses.

re chen not being able to make it over for the elimination meeting - CI have not heard of video conferencing before then.