city index trading academy

sorry guys - been busy this week.....

so this guy James is / was (?) one of the Turtles there on the Cityindex gameshow .....?

N

sorry guys - been busy this week.....

so this guy James is / was (?) one of the Turtles there on the Cityindex gameshow .....?

N

You may have missed this.

Attachments

• real.jpg
    real.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 153
How do you get in these "games"?

Spend the night researching around the clock ALL POSSIBLE instruments/trades available and go for the ones with the LOWEST downside. If they do not make money, fine. If they do, fine also.

Handing out 100K just like that makes me believe this is an advertisement and 100K will probably be never paid out. They probably pay each participant some kind of a "salary".

I have to admit, making money is HARD. But avoiding losing money and preserving capital is relatively easier. When I started, it took me 6 months to move into profit. I was hovering around my starting mark simply because I always went for the trade that was RIGHT; i.e. lowest risk possible for whatever reward and not the other way round.

Rookie mistake is to look for high POTENTIAL reward trades and then end up justifying in your brain with "research" (basically ignore all negatives and read with excitement all positives indicators/news etc.) why its worth the "small" risk.

PS: In my book, if you can trade (make money that is) then by DEFINITION you are good enough to realise that you possess an INVALUABLE set of skill/knowledge. NOTHING is valuable enough to justify trading your skill/knowledge for. This is why all seminars/robots/secrets/magic/books/and other ******** are useless, because they falsify the tautology; if you can make money by clicking a button then nothing can match that in terms of value to justify giving your skill/knowledge away for.

PS2: You can safely conclude that I do not have the magic skill/knowledge combination yet, simply because I am posting this! :D

ok I will try to watch some of them ...........need some lutz tomorrow......hope its better than Lex's efforts

N

ok now looked at the website....great marketing idea and will pull in new revenue and other benefits for them .........credibility wise its as naff as the X-factor ....but hey who cares ......

when we can all pick and cheer for our favourite contestant ....innit ?

N

i didnt even know you could be a Humanist Celebritant .......

So a total loss of 745 for week 2, John McMeekan (the one with the impressive track record) leading on minus 700 for the week, a loss of 14% of his account in a week.

Overall the project has lost about 1280 in two weeks.

John McMeekan't.

What they need is Alan Sugar pointing a finger at them saying "You're fired". (I'm talking about the mentors - not the contestants).

John McMeekan't.

What they need is Alan Sugar pointing a finger at them saying "You're fired". (I'm talking about the mentors - not the contestants).

Thats a very good point. You are only as good as the tools you are provided with.All it shows is what i and many have said all along,you cant teach this game and anyone that tries is clearly on the make and probably a failed trader. Id love to see those CI clowns on the live thread for a couple of months.

day off work for me today so get to join you guys in your trading :) - bliss.
Would have been a great day if only I knew how to code and add audio alerts to things that I look at, alas, I missed a few very good signals this morning.
Good luck all

I see Ashfar says the decision on who to eliminate has been made but he won't tell us until tomorrow. I don't know if we can deal with the suspense. I mean you only have to wait until after the adverts on Strictly.

Perhaps City Index can install a premium rate phone line and seek our votes. They could add a few seconds slippage here and there to milk it.

Yeah was sort of obvious they were going to keep Mac, as all the other traders are pretty boring in terms of their trading and risk taking.

Looks like they going to double up the accounts going forward. Probably end up with 100K accounts for the last 3 finalists. That way they have a chance of coming out a head in terms of P/L for the whole competition but more likely they will just dig a bigger hole as they go on.

Also at the moment the negative PnL for the group is approximately equal to how much they have paid in the spread for all the bets.

Last edited: