city index trading academy

Discretionary directional day trading from a spread betting account, the hardest form of trading there is.

They are using demo accounts. But they have got a different form of pressure, in that 1000s of people on the web are watching them and there is also a 100K prize to lose.

That probably makes it even harder than actually trading a real account of their own money, which is hard enough.

They dont stand a chance.

Discretionary directional day trading from a spread betting account, the hardest form of trading there is.

They are using demo accounts. But they have got a different form of pressure, in that 1000s of people on internet are watching them and there is also a 100K prize to lose.

That probably makes it even harder than actually trading a real account of their own money, which is hard enough.

Not even with top class mentoring from James and Ashfar? Surely you're mistaken.

quite good fun, though.
I enjoyed 'million dollar traders' when it was on - a bit like this.
i'd still like to see a proper TV programme made. A mixture between the apprentice/this/and million dollar traders. More emphasis on their actual trading , better more intensive training, and less board-room polava though

Anyone decent traders here thinking about giving one of them tips in exchange for a cut of the winnings?
I considered doing that this morning but just posted my trades on flash's thread instead, lol.
Too busy with work to do it, plus I might screw it up for them

Quote from Shazad in the video: "I use stochastics that you've taught us"

I think that says it all really about the training they've had.

Also in this weeks video they tell someone to start using stop losses. That only occurred to them now?

They are using demo accounts. But they have got a different form of pressure, in that 1000s of people on the web are watching them and there is also a 100K prize to lose.

Not much pressure when the worst that could happen is that you lose nothing (and probably get paid to appear in the videos, and get expenses).

Some analysis from Hilary, hot off youtube, go to around 3:40 and see what she has been taught be cityindex academy.

Global indices: #TradingAcademy Episode 3 - YouTube!

"I wont say its easy...but its easy!"

Not to stir anything. I tend to stay away from trading forums as most people are at best mentally disturbed thanks to the inherent unending disappointment, but I've found myself bored since I started trading in the afternoon also. I'm quite a negative person, but I must say even I find your constant negativity depressing. And I'm an a-hole. I assume you're also this sharescams guy who is tweeting derogatory comments etc due to shared grammatical instances and postings.

If someone half televised all the silly sh*t you said when you were starting out, I bet there would be some worse gems than "it's easy." And frankly following the colour of the candles during liquid hours is about as detailed as some successful H-A traders go when it comes to futures... of course she didn't mean this, but most successful technical methodology can often be boiled down in such a manner so the context isn't as horrendous as you make out.

I'm sure everyone remembers that false sense of having cracked it a few weeks in, and that you've seen patterns no-one else has and that you think you just might be the next trading messiah. Everyone feels this in my experience and comments like the ones they are making are the embodiment of this feeling when filtered through slight a desire to keep a lid on it.

That's what I think. Bet you're mean to me now too. :(

Not to stir anything. I tend to stay away from trading forums as most people are at best mentally disturbed thanks to the inherent unending disappointment, but I've found myself bored since I started trading in the afternoon also. I'm quite a negative person, but I must say even I find your constant negativity depressing. And I'm an a-hole. I assume you're also this sharescams guy who is tweeting derogatory comments etc due to shared grammatical instances and postings.

If someone half televised all the silly sh*t you said when you were starting out, I bet there would be some worse gems than "it's easy." And frankly following the colour of the candles during liquid hours is about as detailed as some successful H-A traders go when it comes to futures... of course she didn't mean this, but most successful technical methodology can often be boiled down in such a manner so the context isn't as horrendous as you make out.

I'm sure everyone remembers that false sense of having cracked it a few weeks in, and that you've seen patterns no-one else has and that you think you just might be the next trading messiah. Everyone feels this in my experience and comments like the ones they are making are the embodiment of this feeling when filtered through slight a desire to keep a lid on it.

Well at least when you and I were finding all those things out we werent simultaneously taking part in a marketing gimmick intended to drag more people into the business to lose their money. How many people will have signed up and lost their money based on Hilary saying it was easy?

They are taking part in a public marketing exercise of their own free will, presumably because they think they can win 100k. Why shouldn't others comment publicly?

Masochist!

Well at least when you and I were finding all those things out we werent simultaneously taking part in a marketing gimmick intended to drag more people into the business to lose their money. How many people will have signed up and lost their money based on Hilary saying it was easy?

They are taking part in a public marketing exercise of their own free will, presumably because they think they can win 100k. Why shouldn't others comment publicly?

I concede you have two good points.

Not to be base, but can't you cheer up a bit though? What if you also discourage the 'nearly theres' - Indie traders are such a miserable lot as it is.

I still think the "Beat the Trader" compo ETX Capital did was the best marketing exercise. Thoroughly good fun, didn't matter if you didn't do well - but probably encouraged a lot of people who hadn't traded before to give it a go.

And the Trader actually did quite well each day - he wasn't easy to beat - so there you had someone who knew how to trade and if he did training courses I'm sure people would have signed up.

Regarding PBoyles,

I guess you are a multinic of someone else but I stand in PBoyles's defence.

He has done a great deal for this forum and the internet and (hopefully) made sure that several people have not been caught by either the same scam or new ones.

Lee

PBoyles - Keep up the good work mate

I still think the "Beat the Trader" compo ETX Capital did was the best marketing exercise. Thoroughly good fun, didn't matter if you didn't do well - but probably encouraged a lot of people who hadn't traded before to give it a go.

And the Trader actually did quite well each day - he wasn't easy to beat - so there you had someone who knew how to trade and if he did training courses I'm sure people would have signed up.

yes, that looked like good fun

It's a real shame that the 2 mentors arent showing them how it's done (or not done as the case would undoubtedly be). I'd love to see them do their chops. The Ashraf guy seems like a right buffoon. Typical spread betting "intergalactic head of nothing".

And why arent they showing off their platform a bit more? All we get are pictures of people jogging and faces looking at screens....

Quote of the week, mentor says "dont take what I say literally........"

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited: