Chart Frequencies

Dow Dog

409 0
Up until now I have always used 5 minute bar charts for my trading.

In the past few days I have taken to looking at 1 minute charts and have noticed that I get many more trading signals ( using my method ) than with 5 minute charts.

In general would the accuracy of the signals be any different with 5 minute charts than with 1 minute charts ?

Trader333

8,655 981
Without knowing your exact method it is difficult to say but I remember a comment by Scripophilist on some analysis that he had done. It showed that the shorter the timescale the more random the price movement. Based on that there is a higher chance that these signals would be more inaccurate than those of a longer time frame.

Paul

Dow Dog

409 0
Yes that makes sense.

I think I will do some analysis using 1,3 and 5 minute charts to see which one yields the best results for me.

Probably best to trade live using all 3 and see which really suits my style the best. I have a gut feeling it will be 3 minutes.

Dow Dog

409 0
Ran a few quick tests. Early indications are that 3 minute charts will provide me with more trading opportunities with larger profits and smaller losses per trade.

1 minute charts just give too many false signals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock