IG Index- Frozen Chart feed ?

neil

Legendary member
has anyone had the following problem with IG.
I put up a 5 minute cable chart but notice no new candles are printed for over 20 minutes until I click on charts one hour etc selection and then go back to the 5 min when the chart suddenly prints all missing candles. No harm done this time:mad:
Chart used is the basic IG chart.
Solutions?
:love:

I had the same problem yesterday - chart wasn't updating with new ticks.

I suggest you phone up IG. Are they aware of the problem?

Strange the way that this an happen on an individual's chart as opposed to across all clients don't yaz think?

It seems to be a recurring problem with their basic charts. I get it from time to time in Firefox and IE9. Don't use Chrome because it's not much good for printing.

IG basic charts seem quite "buggy" - Have mentioned it to them but they say there's nothing wrong. I can't be arsed to pursue it further.

It seems to be a recurring problem with their basic charts. I get it from time to time in Firefox and IE9. Don't use Chrome because it's not much good for printing.

IG basic charts seem quite "buggy" - Have mentioned it to them but they say there's nothing wrong. I can't be arsed to pursue it further.

Thanks guys -maybe it's time to change firm or simply use a different chart provider and keep IG ?:|

Thanks guys -maybe it's time to change firm or simply use a different chart provider and keep IG ?:|

I don't know why IG dumped their previous version of basic charts (is the new one "in-house" and cheaper? The old version was basic, simple, reliable and did all I need. So does the new version but it's a bit unreliable though some of the user controls etc are a bit more slick. However, fancy charts don't really make you any money (the advanced charts do everything except make a cup of tea) & can distract from the real purpose of why we trade the markets.

So long as I can chart price and draw a few lines I'm happy - and almost any charting software does that. Notwithstanding, IG are very reliable in all other matters and offer such a wide range of instruments that I have no reason to move on.