CCI - Mr Chartman's Strategy

singhy

1 0
Hi all,

I came across Mr Chartman's post and his strategy here - https://www.trade2win.com/articles/784-day-trading-dow-jones

Something in it really resonated with me and have been backtesting/paper trading since reading it.

One thing I cant understand is how the strategy uses the CCI to find the right entry point. I understand and can read the RSI (I think!! to be honest every day is a school day) but I really am struggling to see how the CCI supports his strategy.

I have searched the forums for some guidance, but I couldn't quite see anything that was relevant (no doubt the first reply will have found something straight away :D)

I hope I can learn more from the members in this forum and i hope you can help me to understand how to read the CCI

Thanks

.S

Rufus_Leakey

218 95
Maybe try something like what's in this?.
A basic CCI strategy is used to track the CCI for movement above +100, which generates buy signals, and movements below -100, which generates sell or short trade signals.6 Investors may only want to take the buy signals, exit when the sell signals occur, and then re-invest when the buy signal occurs again.
The CCI can also be used on multiple timeframes. A long-term chart is used to establish the dominant trend, while a short-term chart establishing pullbacks and entry points into that trend. More active traders commonly use a multiple timeframe strategy, and one can even be used for day trading, as the "long term" and "short term" is relative to how long a trader wants their positions to last.

When the CCI moves above +100 on your longer-term chart, this indicates an upward trend, and you only watch for buy signals on the shorter-term chart. The trend is considered up until the longer-term CCI dips below -100.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock