Best Thread Capital Spreads

Other SB cos have equally narrow spreads on the FTSE and DAX, though, and most of them have platforms that work better! Does CS have a chart trader package like GFT and IG yet? I don't think so...
Honestly, I don't like the chart packages any of the SB are providing, never use them. IG fails in spread on the FTSE. I heard a lot about IG, but if you have double up the spread on FTSE, it is very easy to execute flawless. I don't know how well GFT performs when it comes to executing in a volatile market, especially on the 2 spread Dow. I am considering trying them out.

Trade rejection is becoming a standard with CS, during and around news reports. During the unemployment report yesterday and one hour after the actual report I was continuously rejected from trading. Did any of you guys had the same problem? CS might not be the right place to trade during and after these events anymore.

Trade rejection is becoming a standard with CS, during and around news reports. During the unemployment report yesterday and one hour after the actual report I was continuously rejected from trading. Did any of you guys had the same problem? CS might not be the right place to trade during and after these events anymore.
Oh thats bad , but i have to come back to take the big bucks from their pockets ( CS ) :)

Dont you guys learn, I have told you over and over, you cant day trade with a spreabet firm and expect to win,.:rolleyes:

Dont you guys learn, I have told you over and over, you cant day trade with a spreabet firm and expect to win,.:rolleyes:
Nice to see you around Laptop1. But who said I'm losing? If one alternative does not work, there are other options available.

too right laptop.
Why do these people spread bet ?
Direct access is cheaper and 100 times more reliable then any spread betters.

Still if these like re quotes and slow execution and made up prices with not been able to trade on market moving events that is up to them.

try daytrade4less global futures

too right laptop.
Why do these people spread bet ?
Direct access is cheaper and 100 times more reliable then any spread betters.

Still if these like re quotes and slow execution and made up prices with not been able to trade on market moving events that is up to them.

try daytrade4less global futures
Ok, let say that I would like to trade the FTSE indice. What are my options? The stakes are way too high trading the Z future. Please be creative, because just being negative doesn't help anybody.

Hi,

I have a question regarding "time-activating" orders. For eg: I know we have "Good Till Cancel" orders. What I want is something like "Good From Time" (?)
order entry. Lets say I want to put in my orders into the system @ 07:30 in the morning before going to office, but don't want them messed around in the out-of-hours futures trading, but only activate say ~14:25 UK time (i.e US Open).
Is there a way to do this in CapitalSpreads? or any other Spread Betting platform?

Thank You

Hi,

I have a question regarding "time-activating" orders. For eg: I know we have "Good Till Cancel" orders. What I want is something like "Good From Time" (?)
order entry. Lets say I want to put in my orders into the system @ 07:30 in the morning before going to office, but don't want them messed around in the out-of-hours futures trading, but only activate say ~14:25 UK time (i.e US Open).
Is there a way to do this in CapitalSpreads? or any other Spread Betting platform?

Thank You

I would like to do this but i didnt find @ IGINDEX , CS neither CMC .

Simon, can you justify why your spread for Wheat is 16* ticks when the underlying future is only 1?! This seems to me to be the most criminal spread I have ever seen. I used to trade Wheat with you - the spread used to be 8 ticks which is bad enough! I am aware that the volatility increased as did the maximum permitted daily move but still, 16 ticks spread is a joke. I've had to take my business elsewhere for the meantime but would be keen to bring it back if you can do something about that spread.

* Your spread is 4 points but each point is divided into quarters in the futures market which makes it 16 ticks.

trader dante

ummm not sure I will ask the dealers when i get in on monday...

answer to another question..yes ! i have been away with the missus and sproggs .

Trigger an order after a certain time.... a bit difficult this one as the order may be the on the wrong side of the market by the time it becomes activated. We do have 'Good Till' orders which are active until a certain time (very popular with those who do not want order still active over major data releases.

Simon

trader dante

ummm not sure I will ask the dealers when i get in on monday...

Thanks Simon,

Contrary to what some have written on here I have always been a fan of CS and for the most part had great service and would recommend them. Your spreads on almost everything are very competitive...it's just the Wheat that I find insane! :)

Much appreciated if you could ask for me.

Cheers,

Tom

Simon,

Welcome back, so you're the only SB firm answering posts in any forum, and your Co's email support is the only SB firm that answer back usually in the hour, not 2, 3 days later like some of the others, most don't answer email anymore, phone support isn't to useful to me..

I point this out to say, this must be worth something eh?

Any update on the OCO? I get S&R's allot and this was so helpful.

And a suggestion, can "margin required for this trade" be added to the order ticket so one knows how much the trade is going to cost before pressing the confirm button?

Tradefair ( white label of capitalspreads ) has launched new platform today , but untill now i couldnt enter from slow loading .

Simon , do CS intead to launch the same platform as Tradefair or a diffrenet one ?

I logged in to the new platform after several attempts !! my impression is (n)

Anyway , OCO orders facility is active at tradefair .