Best Thread Capital Spreads

Even Dow and Ftse u should protect yourself , what i will do if i were in and a breaking news came at night ,,, Cs dont have garanteed stop loss 2 . sometimes dow moves 2 figure points overnight ( ex.60 point ) , Ig offer these markets if anytime u want to enter or exit u can do and u pay 2 pip more only . they offer some quarterly uk shares afetr 16:30untill 21:00 .
As I said, by hedging you can avoid taking too big a risk. Anyway, I always trade futures or CFDs, with 24 hours service if I hold a position overnight. You sure had a tough experience with crude trusting in the market. Good, you will come back stronger after that learning experience.

2 points untill 21.00 : IGINDEX , GFT

Hi Tar,

I've checked IG Index's Dealing Handbook and haven't found any reference to
2 points spreads until 21.00; on the other hand, IG Markets offer this.
You sure you're not mixed up?

Eduardo.

Hi Tar,

I've checked IG Index's Dealing Handbook and haven't found any reference to
2 points spreads until 21.00; on the other hand, IG Markets offer this.
You sure you're not mixed up?

Eduardo.
Thanks , maybe i am mixed up cuz i opened both accounts (IGINDEX , IGMARKETS ) at thursday and i am new ,i remember i saw 2 points ( maybe at igmarkets ) , i am very sorry if i was mixed up , we should wait untill tommoro to c , or any IG client could confirm now if he is sure ...

As I said, by hedging you can avoid taking too big a risk. Anyway, I always trade futures or CFDs, with 24 hours service if I hold a position overnight. You sure had a tough experience with crude trusting in the market. Good, you will come back stronger after that learning experience.

Sure it was a few thousands only but painfull it was my mistake and i will take my money (losses) from CS back and much more :) , i will trade with IGINDEX now ( i feel i am trading , i have everything options , futures 24 h , GSL , even soft commodities they offer it overnight !! , but at CS i feel i was playing :) ) i want to try IGINDEX how they excute orders and how buffer limit orders work as well as trailing stops . GOOD LUCK ALL

Thanks , maybe i am mixed up cuz i opened both accounts (IGINDEX , IGMARKETS ) at thursday and i am new ,i remember i saw 2 points ( maybe at igmarkets ) , i am very sorry if i was mixed up , we should wait untill tommoro to c , or any IG client could confirm now if he is sure ...

Hi Tar,

I'm don't know how the situation is, tax wise, in Jordan, but in UK you do not pay tax on spread bets, while you do in CFDs.
Aditionally, as a spreadbettor, your account is segregated, that is, your funds go to a separate bank account; as a CFD trader, you are accorded the status of a creditor (not even a preferential one!), and legally treated as such.
Now, IG is going to be traded on the main index (FTSE100) at the next reshuffle (or so they claim) so there is no risk of them going broke, I suppose, but my point is: it is not the same to spreadbet as to trade CFDs! Be careful about mixing your accounts up!
If you are new, then perhaps you should stick to spreadbets for a while, as anyone who trade CFDs is regarded as an intermediate investor, with all the legal repercussions that such status entails.
I mean: be careful!

Eduardo.

Hi Tar,

I'm don't know how the situation is, tax wise, in Jordan, but in UK you do not pay tax on spread bets, while you do in CFDs.
Aditionally, as a spreadbettor, your account is segregated, that is, your funds go to a separate bank account; as a CFD trader, you are accorded the status of a creditor (not even a preferential one!), and legally treated as such.
Now, IG is going to be traded on the main index (FTSE100) at the next reshuffle (or so they claim) so there is no risk of them going broke, I suppose, but my point is: it is not the same to spreadbet as to trade CFDs! Be careful about mixing your accounts up!
If you are new, then perhaps you should stick to spreadbets for a while, as anyone who trade CFDs is regarded as an intermediate investor, with all the legal repercussions that such status entails.
I mean: be careful!

Eduardo.
Thanks , i am new to IG only but i am not new to spreadbetting i traded more than 3 years i have good experience and sometimes i did great but sometimes i make stupid mistakes at money management not ( picking trades ) . Anyway i dont want the cfd account i was trying to open an account with them and they opened both accounts plus sports spreadbetting :)

gle

ig index, odl,twowayspreads 2 points till 9pm 6 after just some that pop into my head. I when I said after hours mean't 17.30 to 21.00. If you are using CS to trade the ftse after 17.30 its costing you points, say a £20 bet 5 times that £200 or 10 points.

gle

ig index, odl,twowayspreads 2 points till 9pm 6 after just some that pop into my head. I when I said after hours mean't 17.30 to 21.00. If you are using CS to trade the ftse after 17.30 its costing you points, say a £20 bet 5 times that £200 or 10 points.
Then i wasnt mixed up IGINDEX offers ftse @ 2 points after hours , strange this is not at their dealing handbook , and after zeppo's post i called the helpdesk they told me after hours spread starts at 16:30 !!

tar

IG index used to move to a wider spread after 17.30 when ftse fut used to close but the ftse fut are now traded on euronext to 9pm and IG stay at a 2 point spread to 9pm when after 9pm they move to a 6 point to 8am.

Trading a 1 point spread today is great because I can remember working with a 4 point spread which now seems very expensive and 2 point after hours seems hard work. I think city index have now gone 2 points from 4.30pm to 9pm as well. CS is out of step with the rest of the SB's.

I have a account with nearly all the sb's. Never joined cantor, their spreads are too wide.

Anybody want a to point spread on the dow, worldspreads are 2 points in market hours and I can see other SB's following suit in time.

I will be trying out future spreads in the future.

tar

IG index used to move to a wider spread after 17.30 when ftse fut used to close but the ftse fut are now traded on euronext to 9pm and IG stay at a 2 point spread to 9pm when after 9pm they move to a 6 point to 8am.

Good information . Did u tried spreadfair ( belongs to cantor ) ? it is a spreadbetting exchange ( like betfair for binaries ) .

tar

I haven't

I have never tried binaries. I like straight forward prices.

Just looked at cantor and they are 6 point the ftse when most other are 4 points. The couple points each trade adds up add up over time.

tar

I haven't

I have never tried binaries. I like straight forward prices.

Just looked at cantor and they are 6 point the ftse when most other are 4 points. The couple points each trade adds up add up over time.
no , spreadfair is spreadbetting exchange not a binary exchange , they offer popular markets so u can spreadbet against other punters not against the house .

tar

Trading a 1 point spread today is great because I can remember working with a 4 point spread which now seems very expensive and 2 point after hours seems hard work. I think city index have now gone 2 points from 4.30pm to 9pm as well. CS is out of step with the rest of the SB's.

I have a account with nearly all the sb's. Never joined cantor, their spreads are too wide.

Anybody want a to point spread on the dow, worldspreads are 2 points in market hours and I can see other SB's following suit in time.

I will be trying out future spreads in the future.

Potshot,

You are right, spreads used to move after 5.00 pm.; but where does IG show that information? I had no idea...Thanks for the tip, everybody.

Eduardo.:)

Potshot,

You are right, spreads used to move after 5.00 pm.; but where does IG show that information? I had no idea...Thanks for the tip, everybody.

Eduardo.:)
i see it right now @ 2 points spread

Simon, what is the possibility of getting a tighter spread on the Wall Street Rolling daily? At least during the time when the US market is open, as the YM future spread gets narrower. I have noticed GFT have got on the Wall Street 2 spread, they are for sure more price aggressive in this area. Why should I pay double the price trading with you? Also Nasdaq 100 Rolling daily really needs a makeover.

Last edited:
Following WS and GFT's lead, sooner or later, they will all have to offer a 2pt spread on the DOW.
Yes you are probably right. CS have been in the front row when it comes to tight spread, but on these instrument they fall behind.

Yes you are probably right. CS have been in the front row when it comes to tight spread, but on these instrument they fall behind.

Yes, they used to have narrow spreads, lower margins, one of the better platforms and good customer service. But now?

Yes, they used to have narrow spreads, lower margins, one of the better platforms and good customer service. But now?
To be fair they still have a very narrow spread on FTSE and DAX indices, also the spread on S&P is ok. In order to keep up with the competition I think they need look at the most traded instrument and give a tight spread. I guess the Dow and the Nasdaq falls into this category. The platform performance is still up to good standard. Sure, you get more rejected trades and some odd error messages when closing the position at times. But you have about the same problem with others as well. If you are trading with a much wider spread you get less problem, that is the way it is.

Last edited:
Other SB cos have equally narrow spreads on the FTSE and DAX, though, and most of them have platforms that work better! Does CS have a chart trader package like GFT and IG yet? I don't think so...