Best Thread Capital Spreads

The answer is, I simply look at the overall picture, not temporary problems. CS have improved a lot this past year and for that I give them credit.

Great! So they've upgraded from abysmal to mediocre....Give them a few years and maybe they'll offer you the service that others provide today.

gle101

yes i would agree. Tight prices, great charts, free info, low margins, cheap financing. Probably wants guaranteed profit as well!

long day with volatile markets and a platform problem for about half an hour has made for a testing and trying day.

simon

gle101

yes i would agree. Tight prices, great charts, free info, low margins, cheap financing. Probably wants guaranteed profit as well!

long day with volatile markets and a platform problem for about half an hour has made for a testing and trying day.

simon

Simon

I just want the platform to work how its meant to work and its the platform problems what I am unhappy about. How can your platform say trade timed out and then 20 minutes later it appears on the trading screen, profit and loss. I was so happy to see a short trade in a loss come from nowhere when if I had know I was on the trade I would closed it earlier at more pips, I closed it for 3 pips. I was lucky because a short time later the eur/usd shot up above 1.410 and I closed at 1.4074

Apart from the platform problems and one issue what could of been dealt with better by capital spread on something what could never happen, I have had no other problems, easy to get trades on in a fast market and easy to close and no slippage on stop losses so far.

When ODL were around they were the best SB company when a problem arose and they would of never said, that can't happen with our platform so we are not refunding you any money. CS could of learn't from ODL on customer service.

I just want the platform to work how its meant to work and its the platform problems what I am unhappy about. How can your platform say trade timed out and then 20 minutes later it appears on the trading screen, profit and loss. I was so happy to see a short trade in a loss come from nowhere when if I had know I was on the trade I would closed it earlier at more pips, I closed it for 3 pips. I was lucky because a short time later the eur/usd shot up above 1.410 and I closed at 1.4074.......

When ODL were around they were the best SB company when a problem arose and they would of never said, that can't happen with our platform so we are not refunding you any money. CS could of learn't from ODL on customer service.

Why the **** don't you trade with IG?!? If you're not happy with the service take your money elsewhere? If you sit in a restaurant and the food's ****, do you come back next week to eat the same thing?

I thought a representative from the char company came on here to take note of the comments on charts? Please come back. I cannot understand why these jerky movements happen? They happen most often on the 1 minute candlestick charts but have seen it happen on the 10 minute too. I feel it is something to do with resizing the chart as time passes. For instance, the jerky movement persists longest when the chart tries to fit the price and the MACD indicator does not fit. Then it tries to fit the MACD all in and the price does not all fit in. This oscillation has persisted for more than 10 minutes and it has not stopped yet.

At other times, I just cannot understand why the price chart jumps out of view and comes back into view a second or two later. I think this happens most often when the price is near the edge of the frame but I have seen it happen even when the current price is right in the middle well away from the top and bottom extremities.

To offer a balanced view, I think price is updated very fast. Although it does not capture all price movements from the deal ticket. I have compared it to other charts, and I think it has been the fastest.

So after the huge price movement just now, this has affected the other time frames as well with jerky movement. Oscillating from visible to non-visible.

twinj

r u saying that your screen is flickering when the charts are up?

i have forwarded your comment onto the chart developers. Hopefully they will either install a solution or at least have an answer as to what might be happening. I say this from someone who also has the charts open for considerable periods and i do not get this effect (mind you i do not put MACDs up)

Simon

Last edited:
I thought a representative from the char company came on here to take note of the comments on charts? Please come back. I cannot understand why these jerky movements happen? They happen most often on the 1 minute candlestick charts but have seen it happen on the 10 minute too. I feel it is something to do with resizing the chart as time passes. For instance, the jerky movement persists longest when the chart tries to fit the price and the MACD indicator does not fit. Then it tries to fit the MACD all in and the price does not all fit in. This oscillation has persisted for more than 10 minutes and it has not stopped yet.

At other times, I just cannot understand why the price chart jumps out of view and comes back into view a second or two later. I think this happens most often when the price is near the edge of the frame but I have seen it happen even when the current price is right in the middle well away from the top and bottom extremities.

To offer a balanced view, I think price is updated very fast. Although it does not capture all price movements from the deal ticket. I have compared it to other charts, and I think it has been the fastest.

Hi twinj

Simon asked me to have a look at this. Currently we can't replicate the bug and I was wondering if you could you please take a screen shot and send it to Capital Spreads customer care team and ask them to forward it to 'Sensatus'.

If you are using Internet Explorer, then try for example Chrome or Firefox to see if you can replicate it.

Thank you
Dary

Hi twinj

Simon asked me to have a look at this. Currently we can't replicate the bug and I was wondering if you could you please take a screen shot and send it to Capital Spreads customer care team and ask them to forward it to 'Sensatus'.

If you are using Internet Explorer, then try for example Chrome or Firefox to see if you can replicate it.

Thank you
Dary

Twinj

If you are using Internet Explorer can you check that the zoom is set to 100%. Take a look on the bottom right of the chart screen and you should see a small magnifying glass with for example 100% displayed to the right of it. If the percentage is set to for example 105%, then click on the black down arrow beside it and change the zoom to 100%. Internet Explorer gets confused when working out the window size when the zoom is changed from 100%.

Dary

I use Firefox. I am beginning to worry that it may be just me then, if you could not replicate it? During the Swiss intervention, there were huge candlesticks when this jumping from all data inside the price frame and only some of it or most of it hiding. This happened quite a bit on the way back down.

I don't think I can send a screen shot because this is a dynamic thing. I did try to explain the behaviour I was experiencing. If you could not understand something, please let me know so I can explain it better.

mmmm

dary

i just changed my screen to 75% and managed to get it flickering as well . seems to be a bug

twinj is the number in the bottom RHS 75%?

simon

Hi Simon

Regarding Internet Explorer, the browser zoom size should be left in the default of 100%, but this is not the problem that Twinj is experiencing. Changing the zoom does not impact Firefox, just Internet Explorer.

Twinj, I sent you a private message on T2W. If you could email me we can have a look at your specific set up to try and identify why this is happening.

All the best
Dary

splashy

the chart guys (sounds like a Jim Carey movie) have asked if you can email customer support with your specific query and they can then forward it on to them

cheers

simon

Simon, at least someone else has experienced it albeit what seems to be a different reason. Could you or anyone else at capitalspreads try this. Open with firefox a chart of DAX at 1minute scale. Mountain view sliding things should be virtually touching. Open some indicators like MACD, RSI and stochastic say. With bollinger bands and EMA too. Also move the current price close to the right (I used the horizontal and vertical arrow icon at the top). Probably best to also have the same chart open for EURUSD and say AUDUSD so higher chance of seeing the problem I am experiencing. I see some jerky movement as I type. But these are not the worst flickering. The worst case is most of the current price hides and if lucky it comes back say in a second or two. Other times, it can be 3 or 4 seconds. I hope you can see it.

I have to say that I am suspicious of the MACD indicator on the charts. Firstly, the other indicators I mentioned do not move around up and down. The MACD indicator's extremities goes out of view for some reason and when it moves into full view, the price chart moves. I forgot to mention, the price chart is candlesticks.

Please let me know if someone is testing the setup I mentioned above. I am seeing the problem at the moment.