Best Thread Capital Spreads

...cannot really understand, if you say I lost connection somewhere, how come I always had the right prices and still have, at the moment I am -£700 and I never logged in again or even connect to the net again...strange...sorry...bizarre !!!!

...looks like I don't gonna have a satisfactory answer from you simon...I am small fish!!!
never forget traders tomorrow can be with you ...and believe i never cumplain normally ... but this was out of order!!!!

I have now looked at the trade in question... you made one attempt to trade at 41.89 this trade was declined NOT 'dealer not responded' as you said. As I said we will reject trades that do not reflect the current market price when we receive them. (especially in a pit traded product like oil) The market susequently traded just above this level for the next 2 minutes or so and then came down to it a few minutes later.
If you dont get a trade.. in any market ..then just trade out of the position where you can ...and then argue about it ..dont leave it and then send an e-mail 10 minutes later (which we may not see for 30 minutes) by when the market may have moved away and we are unable to do anything about it. Pick up the telephone and call us.

Sorry to sound a little tired about this point but really ...sending an e-mail to our admin dept after 5 o'clock and expecting an immediate response ..when all you have to do is pick up the phone.!

Simon

Last edited:
so looks like there wasn't the connection, and actually i TRY TWICE, BUT ANYWAY, THAT IS GOOD POINT ABIUT THE PHONE CALL , but I am a shy man.....
and I am soory you tiredf about this matter , but being the customer I think I can still put a cumplaint, because the anwser I got was not the price is not valid, but the dealer didn;t respond...now I leave to you...what I don't like is you in any way insunuate I am lying or inventing this situation, because for sure is the first time you see me here cumplaining about whatever...
and thanks for you prompt answer ....

and about the coming out of the position , I take the decision based on my own criterias and not in a failer in the system...that's why I left the trade open, even when the market gone against me...

techcherry said:
and about the coming out of the position , I take the decision based on my own criterias and not in a failer in the system...that's why I left the trade open, even when the market gone against me...

Maybe you should stop trading until you fully understand what you are doing ?

No one else seems to have a problem with capital Spreads!

Techcherry

Assusming you are referring to Capital Spreads. You probably wont get an answer till tomorrow from the Admin in view of the timing of your email.

I have always found them most accommodating when the problem you mention has arisen. Before you blast them on the Board, send them a email immediately you experience a problem, and not wait till later. This should then give them a chance to check what happened at the time you had difficulty in getting your trade filled.

John

Uncle said:
Techcherry

Assusming you are referring to Capital Spreads. You probably wont get an answer till tomorrow from the Admin in view of the timing of your email.

I have always found them most accommodating when the problem you mention has arisen. Before you blast them on the Board, send them a email immediately you experience a problem, and not wait till later. This should then give them a chance to check what happened at the time you had difficulty in getting your trade filled.

John

my intention was not to blast them, but yes I do believe they are very good handling with customers ... and yes maybe you are right neil, maybe I should stop again for a couple of years study a bit more the markets and then come back to the markets , but by other erway I believe the best school after had paper trading for a couple of years is the pratice...
anyway I phone simon , and once again the problem had been cleared and dealt with...
so my apologies for any misinterpretation borned from my words!!!
Thanks to all of you which bother to answer...

Simon,

Why does your £/$ Daily keep going into 'Telephone Only' ? This has been happening on a very frequent basis this past week and I wondered what the reason was for this ?

Just to throw in my 2c worth...I've found "Capital Spreads" , as far as customer service goes, probably the best out there.

I had 2 problems recently, one involving a double charge to my credit card and the other involving a problem with rolling over a contract. The staff went out of their way to fix both problems.

The only shortcoming at present is the lack of 24 hour (overnight) trading capability. For those of us who are not in Europe/USA it's a bit difficult due to the timezone difference

Wow! It took me one-and-a-bit 12 hour night shifts to read the whole of this thread from the start!
A couple of questions:-
1)As mentioned about 50 pages ago (!) people are suspicious of bias when getting quotes over the phone due to SB companies having caller Id and the like. Surely it's easier to bias spreads when using online executions? You obviously have to login to 'your account' to access your current trades so they know whether you're long or short and therefore can bias the quote? (Not that CS would do this of course)
2) Is the 'if done' option available yet?
3) Simon mentioned that you don't need any margin unless your order is filled. If you have several orders pending (waiting to be filled) and say 3 of them have been filled taking up all of your cash, what happens if one of the other ones reaches your fill level? Is it ignored due to insufficient funds or is it filled and you have to put extra money in?

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to open a demo account to have a play with.

P.S. Anybody got any trading techniques that they'd like to share with me? I've been 'playing' for 18 months now but haven't really got a proper strategy. Any free online books or PDF files available?

Cheers,

Edster

jaykay

i am sorry to say that over the last week or so we have had afew problems with our FX feed throwing in some odd prices which has resulted in poor price service to our clients (you) and has meant that we have had to reject alot of FX trades something that we dont like doing in any circumstance. Up to now we have been using a composit bank feed , comprising about 15 banks . We have now switched this to one bank feed BUT it also has a security feature that kicks in if there is no price movement for 40 seconds , the system goes to telephone only, as soon as a new price comes through the price engine opens again.
We are working on a new bank feed at the moment and it should be available v.soon.

Edster

if you have 3 or 4 new orders on your account and 2 are filled using up all of your margin the others will remain on the order system but if they are also subsequently activated we will just cancel them. (we wont ring anybody up in this situation) The 'If done' is still in development, unfortunately and will not be available until after january.

Good trading everyone and if I dont comment on here again before christmas/ new year.

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

Simon

jsm

in answer to our general hedging strategy...is how long is a piece of string .

we do not blindly hedge every trade as this would mean we were in and out of the market every few minutes. We generally let positions biuld up to a risk level and then hedge everything over that risk level.

Some clients we recognise as being very good and we may over hedge them immediately they trade or, on the other hand, we have other clients who we find could not trade their way out of a paper bag(!) these clients we may just leave to get on with it (within reason) . We have absolute risk levels that we will not go over for purely company risk reasons even if we have been given the greatest position ever we will hedge it, if it breaks our limits.

The traders also have a technical charting package which we use as a tool to identify when NOT to go against client positions in the major markets.

The entire system is built to ensure that we make the most of our good positions and limit the effect of bad ones. (exactly what clients should always be doing)

I hope this is informative

Simon

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but to save me hunting:

(i) Do Capital Spreads have any objections towards or differing policies for scalp traders?
(ii) What are the limitations (if any) on stop loss placement?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

When a trade is entered and it returns "Price Expired" or words to that effect, is that automated (beacause price has moved since client clicked) or does someone your end manually reject the trade ?

Thanks for your answer on the other thread about the FSA. Very informative.

depends what is meant by scalping.

we obviously dont just give money away and if we spot a client who is taking the mickey on a regular basis we may ask him/her to take their business elsewhere or just delay all his/her trades until we can be sure of the price.

stop losses can be placed very close to the current price i.e 2 pips in the FTSE, 5 pips in the GBP/USD and normally to within 0.1% in equities (though this number may alter slightly with individual products.

Simon

Spreadbetteur

If you get price expired it means that you have become disconnected from the platform at some time in the deal mechanics. If the trade takes longer than 15-20 secs to come back it means that something has gone wrong and you should refresh your page / check your positions / then try to make the trade again. This is just a random fault and does not reflect price movements at all. In fact when clients ring about this quite frequently the failed deal saves them money (though, unfortunately, not always)

If we reject a trade you will get words to the effect of 'Price no longer valid' .

We never just leave a trade to expire on our dealer platform (if you were in our room you would hear the noise that an in-coming deal makes, it is very annoying and we try to accept them as soon as possible to stop it !)

Simon

Capital Spreads,

we obviously dont just give money away and if we spot a client who is taking the mickey on a regular basis we may ask him/her to take their business elsewhere or just delay all his/her trades until we can be sure of the price

Not that the above statement effects me ( I hardy ever win with you) but are you saying that you will ban consistent winners?

People planning to give up the day job to gamble with CS should be very concerned.

Not that it effects me ( I am a consistent loser) but are you saying that you will ban consistent winners? (