Best Thread Capital Spreads

Agreed, VERY VERY ANNOYING :mad:

Where's the Capital Spreads T2W member with his answers then, is it down for an hour, all day, should we all close our accounts :?:

Come on CS we expect better than this lets hear from you.

Absolute Disgrace...

Felt I needed to post a comment, as I too am EXTREMELY annoyed and disappointed with CapitalSpreads.

If they are experiencing technical difficulties then there is NO EXCUSE for not answering the phones and explaining the situation to customers. I don't care how many calls they are getting, a recorded message would be the minimum I would expect. I can't even get an answer from the dealing desk to close my position. This is no way to run a business, totally unprofessional.

9.16 am and it is still down. There is no excuse for this!!!!

I've now missed out on trading my system for the day. Absolute C**P

Site still down, I can log on OK but get no information such as "Open Positions".
In all honesty IG was down for electronic trading earlier in the week also, but you could still trade over the phone.

Gardan said:
Anyone got Capitalspreads telephone number?

Yep, 0207 600 0122 and 0207 600 0110 - good luck as I have tried all morning and they won't answer the calls.

Unforgivable, in my opinion.

Denny said:
The website is back up now.

Not for me! I thought this lot were reasonably professional, are they cowboys or what ! Still no reply on here from CS, have they never heard of the term 'customer relations' :?:

Denny said:
The website is back up now.
Couldn't close a trade on the dow last night but contacted CS this morning and they came up with a fair solution this morning,i still think they are a fair company and i will continue to trade with them.

I can only grovel here

I knew as soon as i said how robust our systems were that something would go wrong!!

Our systems and platform are working fine ...the problem is on the ISDN connections ...our ISDN provider Mistral crashed last night and although they are now up again they have blocked some ISDN lines...the clients who cannot get through are on those ISDN lines.

I am sorry to be so late on here but as you can understand we have been answering telephone calls all morning non stop.

If clients who have no answer on our normal lines would call on 0207 665 9402 they should get through.

Regards

Simon

Last edited:
Col_Stiffler said:
Yep, 0207 600 0122 and 0207 600 0110 - good luck as I have tried all morning and they won't answer the calls.

Unforgivable, in my opinion.
Thanks

Hi,

Sound like CapitalSpreads need a backup for their data cannection, no use getting things right then relying on promises from outside suppliers :(

However, everyone should have another spreadbet account with one of the other companies to enable open positions to be hedged where possible in cases like this.

cheers,
Pete,

If its of any comfort to our clients imagine how we feel this morning... about 1 inch high..... absolutely knackered....and p*****d off.

well if the site going down for a few hours once in 11 months makes us cowboys then "yeeeehaaa" .... i can assure you that the main exchanges have been down for longer periods than that.... i.e LIFFE , CME etc and there are absolutely NO comebacks for us when that happens( but then i would say that wouldn't I !! )

I'm logged into their site right now....... is everyone else still down?

thanks dowjones

please be assured that at this moment this is an absolute priority ... we actually do have two seperate lines but .... as with all things when you really need it something goes wrong.... !!

at the moment we have so many backups /security levels etc.. that pretty soon I wont be able to get in .

this problem was caused by a denial of service attack on our provider ...

simon

minx said:
I'm logged into their site right now....... is everyone else still down?

Still can't get in. Missed my set ups for the day, just lucky I didn't have anything open, or the fingernails would be well and truly gone.

CS, Sorry for the insults earlier, this is the first and hopefully last time I have had a problem with your platform and I echo earlier comments from others about the hitherto good service.