Best Thread Capital Spreads

I am pleased to report that I received a very nice email from the Admin at Capital Spreads apologising for the break in communication last night. However they also advised some good news...........i had tried to close out with a 10 point profit - without success- but they closed the position at close of trading with a profit of 50 points. Yippee!!!

Still wonder what the situation would have been had the market gone against me though!!

All's well that ends well.

They do have a point regarding crashes due to no fault of theirs..................it was not long ago I had no telephone connection for 3 weeks due to a fire under B T's main exchange in Central Manchester, so I really understand their frustration when they have clients breathing fire and brimstone!!!

Am sure they will take on board the suggestions made earlier on the Board.

John

I've also been very happy with the CapitalSpreads platform and I am not going to close my account based on one incident like this, I accept that problems of this nature will occur occassionally.

What I was really angry about at the time, however, was that I was unable to contact either customer services or the dealing team to close a position I had open. I accept the apology though... CapitalSpreads willingness to communicate with customers on this site is something that does impress me.

I have received a further email of apology and am advised that Mistral is still experiencing a problem with some ISP's but this is only affecting a small number of Capital's clients. Considering the number of ISP's worldwide, I guess we shouldnt moan too much, as they do seem to have resolved the situation on the major UK ISP's.

John

Uncle said:
I have received a further email of apology and am advised that Mistral is still experiencing a problem with some ISP's but this is only affecting a small number of Capital's clients. Considering the number of ISP's worldwide, I guess we shouldnt moan too much, as they do seem to have resolved the situation on the major UK ISP's.

John

Obviously I am one of the few, STILL can't get on.... grrrrrrrrr :mad:

:devilish: ... I am really p***** off because its a few hours gone since the problem has been resolved and I cannot get their website or even an email explaining nothing, and so easy is to use a template email and send it to all their customers explaining the situ

I have just logged in OK

Have you tried turning off your computer, it may be something loaded into your memory

I also had (and still have) a similar problem logging on to the site using AOL but i have been able to log on using internet explorer so maybe u should try that.

I still can't get on and it's now Saturday morning. Obviously my ISP (not AOL) is one of the ones still affected.

Amateur service

I have 3 weeks ago periodically CS informed about login problems. :( :( :(

Today You can look the result customer service ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have 7 000 EU in opened position narrow stoploss. :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

I can say only:

God bless my opened positions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanx CS.

simon,

just seen the thread and perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here ... have you noticed that the barrage of hostile comments ended as soon as you stepped up and took the heat on the forum? i reckon next time something happens (and there will be other times) you should spend a few minutes an hour away from the phones and provide some comments online! after all some of those calling are also reading this.

a.

...believe it or not, I still can't get it...I get the message of page not found...and I have try everthing, rebbot p.c ,clear cahe...memory,internet history ...everthing...still don't get it.
but please don't be confused , I browse at the moment trough an infinite n. of site, the explore is 100% either my broadband connectio, can anyone help...maybe you ssimon could sugest something?!!
anyway would be appreciated any sugestions?!!!

a0 0b

very good point and if the same thing happens i will be on as soon as i can...

tematin

i realise that you have commented to us in the past about delayed CME prices ...and every time i have said that "if you see what you think is a delayed price" trade on it !! ... if we were really giving delayed prices to our clients we would a) lose rather a lot of money and b) lose rather alot of clients.

the attack on our site came from europe so on friday all of our clients on the continent were denied access for the whole day as Mistral individually identified the attacking sites and closed them off.

(I wish that people without proper firewalls turned their computers off when they left them !! but i suppose the chances of that happening is as much as seeing a pig flying !)

good trading everyone

simon

Hi Simon

It is misunderstanding.

I have comments but not on delayed CME prices but on delayed charts for registerd users.

1. Do you plan realtime charts for registered users ?

2. Are you going to introduce alternate a stand alone software for this platform ?

3. Do you plan enable an access web page via mobile device e.g. Pocket PC ?

tematin

Tematin

1. yes ... this is being built at the moment

2. yes .... we have commissioned this after thursdays events .... but you will forgive me for keeping our recovery plans hidden. They will only be activated upon a new assault .

3. yes .... we are in negotiation with several providers and will commission a mobile trading solution soon.

hope you were all short over night

Simon

Trade confirmation

I would like to ask other guys trading at CapitalSpreads, if they are experiencing error after placing the trade. Very often I get trade declined - price expired, i think this cannot be due to poor internet connection (I have 2Mbit link) other brokers I have are working well.

R.

babeny2001

I am not sure about this because I have yet to trade with my account. This matter has been discussed on here before and I understand this is a feature of how Capitalspreads deal with a moving price, they do not offer you another price you have to start over. However, Simon indicated this does not happen very often and only in instruments that do move swiftly.

What are you trading, is it something where the prices move quickly, has the quote changed in the main trading platform while you are waiting for the reply.

Regards

Kevin

I trade regularly and dont experience any problems trading Indices. As menitoned above it might be the instrument your trading, or whether your not hitting the button when the price comes up, but I would suggest you contact their Support service.

John

I trade mostly crude and euro/dollar but this happens to me quite often and not only during economic data release, but also when market is relative quite. !? Support says its poor inet connection or I can try phone :(