Best Thread Capital Spreads

capitalspreads said:
ivorm

we already offer them . You just have to ask us and we will apply it to your account. We quote the FTSE 100 (and any others from the FTSE 250 by request) shares as Daily products and if you want them to continue past 4.30 just ring us. Or give us a general instruction to roll all your daily bets.

we apply an interest cost of 0.02% p/day on UK shares for rolls.

Simon

That's brilliant. Thanks Simon.

I've just started to play with a demo account with your company with a view to opening a full account soon. Like many other people, I've been very impressed by your willingness to answer questions on this board.

Regards,

Simon - Is that interest cost 0.02% per working day ie mon thru fri or is it based on every day of the week ie 7 days ? In other words, does it cost 0.06 to carry from friday till monday ? Also, is the cost applied only at the roll over time or is it applied at the moment the bet is opened which is how Finspreads operate ?

wishes,
Steve.

we only apply the cost of rollover when the product actually rolls over otherwise you would be paying the r/o cost even if you didnt ( in fact ) do so. i.e.if you traded out of the position during the first day.

for the w/e we charge 3 days r/o cost so for a 365 day hold you would be charged 365 x 0.02% or 7.3% (plus accrual = 7.5 % )

Simon

I am impressed with Capital Spreads in many ways. I have used the demo for several weeks now and have traded live aswell more recently. I find the platform simple to use, very user friendly and the customer service is very good. However, as you point out you are experiencing technical problems with the platform at the moment and your post of 8.6.04 implied these would settle down imminently. Unfortunately I have had several problems during the last week with the platform crashing and getting messages from Capital Spreads that there is a problem with the server. Admittedly it usually takes only a few minuites to rectify the problem but I am concerned that it usually takes a phone call from me to point out the problem before someone does something about it (not always but usually). So far today, the platform has not failed once so I have hopes that the problems are ironed out but I am still nervous of it. The 'Roll overs' seem to be causing some blips in the system.

I know I can trade over the phone but this is not always convenient or quick enough.

Quite often when I log onto the platform I just get a page of HTML code, I often have to refresh the screen. I am concerned that when this happens it shows my Username and Password in full - if I am at work I do not want my colleagues to see my password - can this be rectified?

Little White Bull

as i commented we experienced some difficulties due to an upgrade that wasnt !!

This has now been rectified and the platform is back to its robust self.
Your subsequent comment about the html page showing your username and password is worrying, we have no other complaints concerning this from any other client so i would ask that if it happens again would you take a screen shot and e-mail it to us.

Regards

Simon

Simon

Just catching up with this thread. My, how it's grown!

You mentioned a few messages back that pre selecting stops/ limits including "if done" orders is top priority for your developers.

Any idea when this is due to go live?

capitalspreads

I note that you do not appear to offer the next monthly future untill the current is completely finished.
eg September FTSE not available untill June is complete. Why not?

Regards

bracke

Bracke

we have been quoting the sep future for 3 months since the march contract expired . You would have found it in INDICES / UK INDICES until today when it will also be in the Popular and Main Indices pages. You will now see the December future market in the UK Indices page.

Darrenf

dont quote me on this but we are hoping for the end of July (gulp) we have one or two systems upgrades which although not visible to the clients will increase speed and accuracy even further.

Simon

Just my two cents worth: I bought gbp/usd cash when the level on the screen was1.8355 when clicked trade button it changed to 1.8360 so i proceeded with it but the screen kept saying please wait with the time glass for about say 3-4mins. I rang straight away and told rachel what had happened.She talked across the phone to somebodyelse who said they can fill me in at 1.8365 - the excuse was that they had lost the order (in cyberspace!!!). I refused to be filled in at 1.8365 and the trade was cancelled and missed out on my original buy as it went up some 32points by 19.00 hrs. The inception of the trade was at 17.10.
I must say this is very lax.

zarif

when we got the trade it was 'Buy' at 1.8365 (which is why we offered it to you at that price) you claimed it was at 1.8355 ... we checked the charts and our trading quotes and our quote was never below 1.8363 in the minutes around the time of your trade. When we were first talking to you the market was trading up at 1.8370 and we still offered you the price that you traded at. (I am sorry but the computer records do not lie) I can only assume you misread the quote ... whilst we talked the price started briefly to drift down to around the 1.8360 level at which point you decided you did not want the trade.

In effect we gave you a free 'shot' at a position.

If you did not accept the trade that we offered you can hardly complain that you lost out by a subsequent market move.

Simon

Last edited:
I am not bothered about losing a trade or anything of the sort -BUT I KNOW WHAT I HAD ON THE SCREEN and that is exactly what i said. No big deal -plenty more fish in the sea.

Sorry Simon but the system crashed out 3 times on Friday and this morning I have not yet been able to log onto my account - for 10 minutes since opening. I have phoned the problem in to Customer Services but noone seems to know what is happening. I get into the home page then when I try to log into my account I get the message on a Capital Spreads page:-

'An Unexpected error has occurred on the system, this has automatically been logged to the Administrators. Please click on the link to return to the home page'

Now this is obviously a Capital Spreads problem and not my PC yet on Friday (I was on a different PC on Friday at work) I was told it was probably my connection.

On Friday it crashed at around 3pm when the Dow was in the middle of a breakout and moving at several points a second!

LWB

Little White Bull...............I made a trade at 14:52 GMT on Friday 18th without any problems. Only once have I experienced a problem, and that seemed to be corrected when I closed the site and logged on again, which could have been a glitch in either my PC or C.S.'s platform. Either way it didnt affect the outcome much. My experience since moving to Capital Spreads has been much improved over two other sites, so for me I am happy with the service.

John

Uncle

I am interested in this as this morning I have not been able to get in for 1 hour and 20 mins so far. The message is definitely a CS message on their website and they have not yet called me back to say it's been resolved which they usualy do quite quickly.

The system only went down for a few seconds on Friday before it came back up and basically the prices all disappeared off the screen with a message saying 'There are no markets to display'. As I say it came back quite quickly but was a bit worrying at such a volatile time.

Do you keep logged in to your system all day like I do? I watch the screen for around 70-80% of the time.
When I logged the above problem with CS on Thursday they also admitted that they couldn't get in to the system and there was a problem but on Friday I had a different person dealing with it who said they thought it was my connection. I am not entirely convinced either way at the moment and I have been a CS fan up until now with only praise for them, but I am a little worried about all this.

LWB

L W B

Like uncle i very rarely get any problems with C.S ,and never had any problems logging on ,sometimes firewalls or anti virus software may affect your system .

Dear Little White Bull

The Capital Spreads Demo Site went down temporarily this morning but is now up and running. This problem did not affect our Live Trading site. I'm sorry we didn't call you earlier, but the problem had not been resolved...

Re: your issue with your username and password being displayed in an error message, the security on our Demo Site is not considered critical and therefore we have yet to implement the same security settings as our Live Trading site, which is extremely secure (note the padlock at the bottom right of your browswer once you've logged in).

As you logged your connection query with us on Friday afternoon, we are still investigating the problem and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Capital Spreads

Thanks for that.

I stopped using my live account a week or so ago as I need more practice. Yes, as I recall the live account only crashed once on me and I was told that this had only happened once before in the previous 3 months.

It would be helpful to let users know the differences with the demo account when they set one up because the marketing info implies it is exactly the same as the Live system but I have found the following differences only by trial and error:-

1) All automated so no human intervention on trades.
2) Not so many instruments to trade on
3) Completely seperate stand alone system so IT support is not priority - quite right too!
4) Security not tight - see above

All of this info would have been useful from the beginning so as not to waste mine or CS customer services time. Also it means I would not have had to post negative stuff about a company which I am very enthusiastic about otherwise.

For your info, I have opened a live account with Finspreads as I felt I needed an alternative and I am not so keen on their platform. The spread on FTSE 100 index is 4 points for the daily whereas it's 3 for CS. Also, the screen looks like something from a Playstation Game! Not as user friendly in my opinion.

I will continue with CS and go back to Live Trading I think.

Thanks CS for being patient with me!

Very proffesional and Fair.

Having been sbreadbetting for some year's,i started off with IG .Dealing with these people at times was extremely hard and strange things use to happen when the market went against me and i was trying to get out while using a dial up connection,my Internet connection would would automatically cut off at these crucial times.At first i thought it was just a coincidence but i started to log each time it happened and the coincidence quickly vanished.Be careful trading with a dial up connection with these people.I complained to the FSA but did not take it further.
I then changed over to Fins and these were miles better and very fair with their execution until recently , it has been mentioned many times that they go to Internet dealing and this is very true.
My trading sometimes can be undisciplined and i double up on trades, it's not a good way of trading i know, and i'm doing my utmost to divorce it from my trading but the point is that whenever i've opened a trade with Fins they go straight away to Internet dealing,this in itself is a pain because it means i have to call up if i need to get out quickly or if i decide to double up.
So if you deal with these people watch out for this Internet only dealing and if you do call them up use 141 in front of the no so it doesn't identify your no before they pick up.
So now i'm with Capital Spreads and all i have to say is very good dealing indeed' i haven't had any major problems with them,yes sometimes the closing price moves a point against you as you press the button ,but this is very trivial indeed compared to the handicap you have to put up with the other 2 i have mentioned.So well done guys and thank you for being fair and i hope you can keep this level going,a bit fed up of changing companies all the time.
Just for the record i'm not a disgruntled spreadbetter who blames the bookies for my bad trades,i was trading with IG for about 2 years and Fins also 2 years and have now been with CS 4 months.

I only trade the monthly FTSE and therefore have no need to watch the screen until after the Dow opens at 2 30 when i trade the Dow daily. From what you say, if the system only went down for a few seconds, I would suggest you will fair no better with whomever you deal with, as one has to realise we are dealing with systems that can be affected by all manner of means, not necessarily the platform provider's fault.