Best Thread Capital Spreads

rupert

and what is your trading style? i have to say that we continually check the effectiveness of the fills and we have had no problems today.

Nor have we had any complaints from clients. Are you trading on a poor connection?

simon

Well regardless of my trading style I can't even open positions let alone close them. Both on my work machine as well as home. I'm thinking John isn't automatic at all. Must be some monkey sat on some desk somewhere clicking the mouse until my order gets executed.

rupert

and what is your trading style? i have to say that we continually check the effectiveness of the fills and we have had no problems today.

Nor have we had any complaints from clients. Are you trading on a poor connection?

simon

Three times today I've tried to close out a trade only for my instructions not to be met because the price had moved. Very frustrating. And of course the price has always gone against me by the time I succeed in closing the trade out.

Anyone see the point in this term in the T's and C's of their 250 sign up bonus?

Capital Spreads will not be able to action a refund for three months where the account balance is below the bonus amount, even if you have credited your account after receiving the “Top-Up” offer credit.

Basically, if you lose the bonus money and then recredit your account, you can't withdraw anything under 250. Of your own money. Is that fish I smell?

On the other hand, if you can get an order in at your preferred exit level, I don't ever see these not executed. Sometimes the platform takes the order when price has reached the target and moved back faster than I could have reacted manually.

Useless f*****s!

5 times to try and open a trade I get this! Fooking joke,

Your trade was not placed. Server response: 'Price expired or not valid'

rupert

not sure what you are doing as, if this was a usual event, this thread would be filled with like minded comment. I am logged in from the isle of wight on the most bog standard internet connection you can think of, on a farm in the middle of nowhere, i have placed any number of trades all of which have gone through immediately.

by the way 'John' is the computer so your statement that he should get his finger out is remarkable. Trades accepted / rejected by john are processed in much less than a second..(although the confirmation might take a a tiny bit more to hit your front end platform). your comments are so at odds with nearly all our clients that i must assume that there is a problem at your end and not at ours.

Simon

the cheese

the point is that you get the bonus which allows you to trade (with our money) and potentially make money BUT, if you lose money, you lose your money first.

Simon

rupert

not sure what you are doing as, if this was a usual event, this thread would be filled with like minded comment. I am logged in from the isle of wight on the most bog standard internet connection you can think of, on a farm in the middle of nowhere, i have placed any number of trades all of which have gone through immediately.

Simon

Never mind all that, how much did you lose? :p

Never mind all that, how much did you lose? :p
Yes I agree, some traders let their frustration out on this thread, at least they ought to use a decent language. There are bound to be some re-quotes during these market conditions, the volatility is just crazy.

Yes I agree, some traders let their frustration out on this thread, at least they ought to use a decent language. There are bound to be some re-quotes during these market conditions, the volatility is just crazy.

And the killer is if you look back at the charts over the past week or so it all looks sooo easy...however, living and trading through it has been tricky, but not impossible. I'm down 2% for this period, I've been stopped out twice by a couple of pips on decent size stops, not had my limit hit by the same...it's not me, it's not the brokers, it's "the market stupid"...its just quite simply the price we sometimes pay to play...:)

black swan

just 2% ! that definately puts you in a small minority. Basically clients were heavily long stock (ouch) and keep trying to pick a bottom (bigger ouch)

dangerous games to play

simon

I haven't lost anything surprisingly. Yes I've had loosing trades but I'm not down. I'm actually up. Trading a bear market is actually my forte. So yes black swan I do actually find it easy just like it looks like in your charts. I enjoy trading bear markets.

CS haven't actually caused me to lose money, just made me loose my rag with their syste,

Simon, ok you say others have not had any issues. I'll give CS the benefit of the doubt and try from another PC and connection and see how I get on.

The reason I lost my rag is when I was placing the trade the market wasn't going mad, it was in a lull period. Therefore hell yeh I'm going to lose my rag if I'm having to press the buy/sell button 5 + times to place a trade.

In addition to that I average into my position. So i'm placing multiple trades to build up to my full position. Imagine how many times i'm having to press the button to build up to my full position!

black swan

just 2% ! that definately puts you in a small minority. Basically clients were heavily long stock (ouch) and keep trying to pick a bottom (bigger ouch)

dangerous games to play

simon

Well it's hard watching from the sidelines when so many have been killing it shorting the indices, oil etc..( or have they? ;)) but I only trade the euro these days, off a 2nd-4hr strat, that nine times out of ten keeps me out of consolidation and ranges...

so it's been a quiet few days for me, from a trading perspective and yes only losing 2%, but still taking the trades according to the plan, could be considered a good result all things considered..

Quick update here. It is now official. CS are a rubbish SB firm.Have just funded my IG account. Place some trades on UKX and they have been executed INSTANTLY! Its so bloody refreshing to be able to do that, after just this morning once again pressing the button 5 plus times to place a trade with CS.

Good bye you dogs! Obviously John aint who he says he is!

rupert

by the way 'John' is the computer so your statement that he should get his finger out is remarkable. Trades accepted / rejected by john are processed in much less than a second..(although the confirmation might take a a tiny bit more to hit your front end platform). your comments are so at odds with nearly all our clients that i must assume that there is a problem at your end and not at ours.

Simon

BTW my statement that John should get his finger out was tongue in cheek. Suggest you lighten up :whistling

Theres are posts earlier in this thread that suggest any trader making money is put on a special dealer line. Considering my machine and connection are the same, why are IG executing my trades instantly in a not so fast moving market and CS can't...Something fishy going on here.

black swan

dangerous games to play

simon

Lots of blown accounts, presumably? Care to share any tales of disasters, so that we can feel better about our own stupidity?