Best Thread Capital Spreads

lanceni

not sure if this is our end.. we have had a very good day functionality wise.. but i will check on the iphone issue. I can imagine that with the huge moves today that the whole mobile trading system (not just us) has probably been very heavily loaded

simon

Thank you for checking Simon, I will check IG's performance now.
Why did you have 3pts spread on FTSE100 at about 16:45? IG had 6 (instead of 2)...

Don't know... maybe something wrong with my PC as my Mozilla browser freezes sometimes after the charting update. I like the new charts though.
Why did FTSE100 spread go to 3 pts at about 16:45 today?

FTSE was at 3 points because there were no Futures markets as LIFFE went down at 15.12 .

we moved our quote from the futures to actual FTSE cash market (you might note that certain other competitors were on telephone trading only, from 15.12 to 17.11(n))

after 16.30 the cash market closed so the only markets we could estimate our price from was the other exchanges (rather like our out of hours markets from 21.00 to 07.00) so we had to widen the price (the 'premium' [?!?] service provider was quoting 6 wide at this point) the LIFFE exchange came back online at 17.11

so in a period when the markets were going absolutley bananas traders using the LIFFE futures exchange were completley stuffed! our clients on the other hand could still trade quite satisfactorily.

Can you imagine being long of FTSE futures and being unable to get out as the markets plummetted?

Spread Betting/cfds prove their worth once again

Simon

Last edited:
more rumours of exchanges increasing margins again (!!) our brokers already insists on a 10% of the value of the FTSE for a naked FTSE future! as against Capital Spreads minimum requirement of just 30 points (about 0.5%)

no plans to increase the pressure on our clients

simon

[QUOTE=capitalspreads;1636426

Can you imagine being long of FTSE futures and being unable to get out as the markets plummetted?

Sadly, yes :eek:

Indeed city went to phone only on ftse earlier.

Just shows those who keep harping on how wonderful real futures are,Spread betting has its advantages too not least smaller stake sizes!

Did you get trapped long Ross? If so hope loss not to bad.

us too we had hedges against client positions... as clients closed (were stopped out) we had to use other indices to close out . creating FTSE/Dax and FTSE/S&P spread positions. Which sadly did not work out very well

Simon

Indeed city went to phone only on ftse earlier.

Just shows those who keep harping on how wonderful real futures are,Spread betting has its advantages too not least smaller stake sizes!

Did you get trapped long Ross? If so hope loss not to bad.

I got burnt really badly yesterday... the funny thing was that the difference between CS and IG on FTSE100 was about 20 points. I was really considering buying at CS and selling at IG but 6pts on IG and 3 on CS put me off.

I got burnt really badly yesterday... the funny thing was that the difference between CS and IG on FTSE100 was about 20 points. I was really considering buying at CS and selling at IG but 6pts on IG and 3 on CS put me off.

Sorry to hear that mate hope you got some back today!

I have just recently started using capital spreads and I’d like to declare from my trading style point of view it is not suitable.

If the market is moving...Even at a snails pace, my trade does not seem to get accepted. Funny other SB platforms that charge a high spread seem to deal with these conditionals very well.

Pro spreads here I come!

Last edited:
absolute chaos in markets

this is where the stop losses insisted on by Capital Spreads have come to the aid of thousands of our clients. No vague margin notifications to our clients as opposed to many of our competitors (your position is in danger of being closed /it might be closed if... / margin call please phone us.... /if you look at the third phase of the moon it will give you a definate exit point!) all our clients are given their exact situation at all times.

This remains a market where sitting on your hands is the best trading policy.. though this is, of course, my personal opinion and is not advice!

Simon

ps. and one (two) of our biggest competitors has effectively been down for the last hour/two hours... if clients of this company would like to open an account with a reliable partner i would suggest they log on to www.capitalspreads.com or one of our White Label partners

Last edited:
I have just recently started using capital spreads and I’d like to declare from my trading style point of view it is total bollucks.

I have been trading UKX today. Small point size. £1pp...and in £1pp increments up to around £8pp. I’ve been faced with the constant message, you quote has expired message. The market has been moving, but seriously surely the platform should be able to deal with these moves. As soon as there is any kind of movement they stop accepting trades until it as usual goes totally against you...and then when it has gone against you are they market is still moving they fill the order.

Total scammers. Would not use these scum merchants again. I guess paying the extra spread at IG is probably worth it considering what I’ve heard about their service which is a lot better.

Edit - I'm just glad I've realized this about this shoddy SB firm before I got caught on the wrong side of a trade and couldnt get out. That would have been very costly.

City index are as bad today quotes are sometimes miles out imposible to trade at times.

Its times like this when IG come into their own.

rupert

and what is your trading style? i have to say that we continually check the effectiveness of the fills and we have had no problems today.

Nor have we had any complaints from clients. Are you trading on a poor connection?

simon

Just noticed that my trades are getting executed by a chap called John. Wtf is john and why arent my trades automatically being executed.

Just noticed that my trades are getting executed by a chap called John. Wtf is john and why arent my trades automatically being executed.

If it is John then your orders are executed automatically ...