Best Thread Capital Spreads

Quite likely a lot of your clients have left Capital Spreads.
If they are talking about your competitors, good or bad, they obviously have an account there.
This is not the main reason reason traders are fleeing this thread. But yes, competition have increased even more and clients are more mobile. It sure is crowed out there and there is a lot of good companies to chose from. CS has to come up with something new, they are kind of boring these days, nothing really innovated that stands out, have been presented recently. The guaranteed stop is ok, but not enough to get clients shifting over to them. CS seems to be a little bit on the defensive side, some of the trading condition has been been tighten up, like for instance how close to your entry level you can place the stop loss. Their competitors seem to have just about equal spread, though we have seen aggressive pricing from one SB in particular. One company with muscles is moving in with a brand new service and one have introduced MT4 for SB. No problem with CS service, they execute trades brilliant these days, and I have found no issues whatsoever related to trading with them.

This is not the main reason reason traders are fleeing this thread. But yes, competition have increased even more and clients are more mobile. It sure is crowed out there and there is a lot of good companies to chose from. CS has to come up with something new, they are kind of boring these days, nothing really innovated that stands out, have been presented recently. The guaranteed stop is ok, but not enough to get clients shifting over to them. CS seems to be a little bit on the defensive side, some of the trading condition has been been tighten up, like for instance how close to your entry level you can place the stop loss. Their competitors seem to have just about equal spread, though we have seen aggressive pricing from one SB in particular. One company with muscles is moving in with a brand new service and one have introduced MT4 for SB. No problem with CS service, they execute trades brilliant these days, and I have found no issues whatsoever related to trading with them.

I want numbers , should be released at 22th FEB ...

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/London-Capital-Group-Trading-afxcnf-2322489480.html?x=0

http://www.londoncapitalgroup.com/metatrader/mt_home.html

Yes real figures will help to understand in which way CS is heading.

It's been downwards for a while, so far as I remember, and I can't see how things would have improved much recently. CS used to have some USPs, but the rest of the industry caught up and passed them a while ago.

It's been downwards for a while, so far as I remember, and I can't see how things would have improved much recently. CS used to have some USPs, but the rest of the industry caught up and passed them a while ago.

Mate, from your recent postings I see that you've pretty much slagged off all the major spread betting firms. So, who in your opinion is worthy of having your business?

Mate, from your recent postings I see that you've pretty much slagged off all the major spread betting firms. So, who in your opinion is worthy of having your business?

Can't quite see how giving an opinion based on experience or facts qualifies as 'slagging off'. Do you think that that LCG's last results were fantastic, and that the platform is now faster and gave tighter spreads than the opposition, or that CS has any other features that make it better than the rest?
And if you check out the other threads you'll see that I've quite often been complimentary about City Index/Fins.

Can't quite see how giving an opinion based on experience or facts qualifies as 'slagging off'. Do you think that that LCG's last results were fantastic, and that the platform is now faster and gave tighter spreads than the opposition, or that CS has any other features that make it better than the rest?
And if you check out the other threads you'll see that I've quite often been complimentary about City Index/Fins.
I kind of agree with 'paulop'. You have to be more specific. Do they not execute well, is there a price feed problem, is the opening of the different windows slow? I pointed out that they have increased how close you can set the stop loss, this is one draw down. Also one thing to be mentioned, they have increased the after hours spread, not so good. But they have added a while back a user predefine stop loss in points, very important feature indeed. To be honest, I have not had a "price no longer valid" for month. CS have really improved a lot in the last year on the execution front. I agree, when it comes to the spread they have a "standard" industry spread, they could improve on the Nasdaq though.

LCG share

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 122
LCG share
yes I can clearly see that the LCG share have taken a noise dive. But that doesn't mean their service is not good. In fact in my opinion it is the other way around. The LCG share has gone down but their overall service has improved in the recent year. You have to remember, the competition is increasing rapidly, so they have to stay up there in this regard.

yes I can clearly see that the LCG share have taken a noise dive. But that doesn't mean their service is not good. In fact in my opinion it is the other way around. The LCG share has gone down but their overall service has improved in the recent year. You have to remember, the competition is increasing rapidly, so they have to stay up there in this regard.

Spot on. Capital Spreads was a breath of fresh air when they started (narrower spreads than the opposition, simple but effective platform, good customer service, auto stop losses to reduce margin requirement), and they probably took plenty of business away from the other main players. For two or three years things have been going the other way, I think.
Not sure if the Prospreads arm ever had many customers, but CMC next gen would seem to have that licked, too.

Spot on. Capital Spreads was a breath of fresh air when they started (narrower spreads than the opposition, simple but effective platform, good customer service, auto stop losses to reduce margin requirement), and they probably took plenty of business away from the other main players. For two or three years things have been going the other way, I think.
Not sure if the Prospreads arm ever had many customers, but CMC next gen would seem to have that licked, too.
In fact I think all companies (besides City maybe) have lost clients. Clients are definitely more mobile, they sign up for an account with several companies, this in order to check them out in real live trading.

In fact I think all companies (besides City maybe) have lost clients. Clients are definitely more mobile, they sign up for an account with several companies, this in order to check them out in real live trading.

IG's numbers indicates strong growth in revenue and clients activity , continuous growth ...

Funny how IG's sp has gone up in line with the general market trend, while LCG's chart is a mirror image.

According to the LCG 2009 annual report, Prospreads wasn't making any money for them at that time. That was explained by the start-up costs, and they still seemed optimistic.
However, they said that during 2010, they were going to beef-up the PR for it to grow the customer base, but I can't really say I've noticed.

I'm not sure that CMC next gen is really competing in the same market as Prospreads is it? No Dealing Desk, yes, but it doesn't really claim a DMA-like experience does it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW (and I don't mean you Ross) I am always seeing comments on T2W giving the impression that people think that the LCG "White Labels" are actually a part of LCG. As far as I can see, that is not the case. LCG on its website uses the term "White Label Partners", which include Tradefair, TD Waterhouse, PaddyPower, Saxo Bank.

As I understand it, these are all separate businesses from LCG (Tradefair is part of Betfair, for example), with their own customer bases, profit and losses, etc. LCG provides the underlying platform, although the front-end that the client sees may be different in look-and-feel.

LCG only has two wholly-owned spread-betting operations, namely Capital Spreads and Prospreads, and this is referred to in the 2009 annual report. If you want to see the profits etc, for e.g. Tradefair, you would presumably have to find the annual report for Betfair (there is some info at www.corporate.betfair.com), although presumably LCG's profits must at least indirectly be affected by whatever money it makes from its "White Label Partnership" arrangements. I could not spot this in the report, but maybe it is there, somewhere.

OK, here is quite a good statement of the situation for Tradefair (I use them as an example, since I have used them more than any other SB in the last 12 months):
http://corporate.betfair.com/about-us/betfair-group.aspx
LMAX

LMAX was established by Betfair in 2007 to enter the market for online retail financial trading. Having received Financial Services Authority (FSA) authorisation, it launched in October 2010. LMAX operates a multilateral trading facility (MTF) to trade contracts for difference with direct access for retail investors. Betfair is the majority shareholder in the company.
www.lmax.com

LMAX also owns Tradefair Spreads, which was launched in the autumn of 2007. Covering more than 2,000 markets, Tradefair focuses on financial markets such as shares, indices, commodities and currencies. Tradefair Spreads is a white label partnership with London Capital Group Ltd (LCG), which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
www.tradefair.com