Best Thread Capital Spreads

MT4

there seems to be alot of talk about MT4 these days,

LCG has been offering MT4 for quite some time www.lcgmetatrader.com but does not appear to have been noticed much by the various threads. (If any of the afficionados want to have a look)

the guys running it are always available for a call/chat

Simon

MT4

LCG has been offering MT4 for quite some time www.lcgmetatrader.com but does not appear to have been noticed much by the various threads. (If any of the afficionados want to have a look)

Simon

marketing issue :D

MT4
Simon

I'm amazed you have not advertised this, looks like no one knows about it. MT 4 is a platform that should bring you many clients or may be you don't want them. How much is required to open an account, what's max leverage and is trading with expert advisors enabled?

I'm amazed you have not advertised this, looks like no one knows about it. MT 4 is a platform that should bring you many clients or may be you don't want them. How much is required to open an account, what's max leverage and is trading with expert advisors enabled?

The WORLDS most popular retail trading platform and they forget to advertise it? Got to be a business school case study in there somewhere ha ha?

On a side note, why are the Pro Spreads trading hours completely messed up? None of the futures match the exchange hours and who on earth is going to trade a 24hr market like FX with you if you can only access it between 6am-9:15pm?

The WORLDS most popular retail trading platform and they forget to advertise it? Got to be a business school case study in there somewhere ha ha?

On a side note, why are the Pro Spreads trading hours completely messed up? None of the futures match the exchange hours and who on earth is going to trade a 24hr market like FX with you if you can only access it between 6am-9:15pm?
I am not at all surprised, with that kind of spread.:)

mmmm

i might have a word with the marketing dept. But we all have finite resources and we cannot spread too thin on the ad spend

i will send a note to the pro spreads unit with your comment. I would also like to see it go 24hr. Would certainly give LMAX a run for its money.

By the way there are various comments about another big player coming into the space. we have seen adverts for staff etc but have not yet found out who the competitor is. Does anyone know?

Simon

Simon

mmmm

i might have a word with the marketing dept. But we all have finite resources and we cannot spread too thin on the ad spend

i will send a note to the pro spreads unit with your comment. I would also like to see it go 24hr. Would certainly give LMAX a run for its money.

By the way there are various comments about another big player coming into the space. we have seen adverts for staff etc but have not yet found out who the competitor is. Does anyone know?

Simon

Simon

Do u mean spread betting ? didnt hear anything ...

Last edited:
mmmm

Simon

Simon
If you are taking about SB, I think CMC next-gen platform is creating some buzz on the forum.

If you don't know, how would we?:)

Tesco Personal Finance?
(If not now, then surely one day....).

The adverts for staff could be CMC.
If next gen is as good as they think, they might be anticipating a flood of new customers and need more staff to handle them. Don't actually think it is though.

Yes one does have to think that Tesco may not be advised to get into banking. Nobody likes banks even when they lend to you... you still hate them.
And the news flow is nearly always bad. Newspapers do not want to hear about Mr and Mrs Happy who were given a mortgage and quietly paid it off over 20 years. They want to rant about Mr Unlucky who overborrowed, spent massively on his credit card, lost his job and was repossessed (and then blame the bank).

I have to say that i personally do not like the 'next gen' platform . Aside from being very flashy it is hardly user friendly (rather like turning everything into a video game). But maybe i am showing my age!

Not only this but the spreads are generally still wider than us on most of the major markets. The margin requirements are higher, financing is higher.

everything is locked inside the screen (no pull outs) including charts. And they seem to have gratuitously added decimal points to markets which do not have them in the underlying price feeds (which is a bit odd)

and finally you can only have one side of the buy/sell ticket open at a time (which i hate).

But I would say that ..wouldn't I

but i do like alot of the static data such as company information features and news flow, information about todays activity etc ... but i can look at this and trade with someone else !

Simon

Yes one does have to think that Tesco may not be advised to get into banking. Nobody likes banks even when they lend to you... you still hate them.
And the news flow is nearly always bad. Newspapers do not want to hear about Mr and Mrs Happy who were given a mortgage and quietly paid it off over 20 years. They want to rant about Mr Unlucky who overborrowed, spent massively on his credit card, lost his job and was repossessed (and then blame the bank).

I have to say that i personally do not like the 'next gen' platform . Aside from being very flashy it is hardly user friendly (rather like turning everything into a video game). But maybe i am showing my age!

Not only this but the spreads are generally still wider than us on most of the major markets. The margin requirements are higher, financing is higher.

everything is locked inside the screen (no pull outs) including charts. And they seem to have gratuitously added decimal points to markets which do not have them in the underlying price feeds (which is a bit odd)

and finally you can only have one side of the buy/sell ticket open at a time (which i hate).

but i do like alot of the static data such as company information features and news flow, information about todays activity etc ... but i can look at this and trade with someone else !

Simon

Funnily enough, I agree with everything you say about next gen, so we must both be getting old! The superfluous decimals are a particular annoyance.

Simon
Same here , ha ha.:D It is refreshing that you comment so openly about their platform.

There are a lot of promises from their side, scalpers are welcome so they tell (even the screwed definition by the industry). No re-quote, no price no longer valid, no interference whatsoever by a dealer. We will see when the live traders starts to report, that is when all the fun starts. They have a better spread than CS on the Nasdaq though. You can set the stop loss closer to the entry level on the Dow. The feature of being able to change the stop and target directly on the chart is neat one have to admit.

Simon says white labels are free to set their own spread. Anyone knows any white label than got a narrower spread on the indices than the existing CS spread?