Can I trade mostly based on technical analysis?

All that matters outside of execution is risk vs account.

Two tarders trading 'dax', both are 4x account and have the same and position and view, one is short 50 FDAX the other is short 50 x £1.00. Both dont use stops cos they know how to trade. The only thing different is the $ amount at risk. But that is viewed equally by the two players because they know how to trade, and know that its not about the 'money'.

Two things:

- If you are implying that the no SL " system " works , then like Brumby and I said, you need a statistically significant sample size. More trades, the bigger the size, the longer the period ( at least constant trading over a year to me) , the greater the credibility. One off bets don't mean anything.

- You don't get £1.00 stakes on the Dax futures, the minimum is E5, if that is what this " 50 x £1.00 " means . And don't forget your margin call which will be 1000's of pounds. I guarantee the feeling is a lot different to doing 0.90p.

So that has to factored into your " risk vs account ". Effectively your risk on the Fdax without a SL will have increased considerably as you will need another capital sum for the inevitable margin call.

But an adversarial and condescending style tends to inhibit healthy discussions, disagreements, ideas and new threads that I could potentially benefit from. Makes T2W weaker, which does not make my trading stronger.

If someone comes on here claiming to have a brilliant approach to trading, I'd like it to be brought out into the light. Let's see if its brilliant or if its a brilliant illusion.

Lets hope it doesn't take five months to do anything about it.

How do you work out your plan is worth following ? can anyone follow it and win ?

What the hell are you on about, I called back to T2W for a nosy, only to see you spouting off crap on various forums. Common sense (which you seem to have little of).

You asked "how do you work out if a plan is worth following", are you insane man, what a ridiculous question. A decent trader will have a trading strategy that has being back and forward tested, the analysis of the results will determine whether it will be a successful strategy, and if the rules of the system upon which it was developed are followed implicitly, the system will deliver the income.

"Can anyone follow it", develop your own and stop looking for a freebie.

I noticed you barracking on Brewski's forum, and your big headed brag on how to trade, (which was laughable) see my reply on his forum, you went way offside and against every PA trend below 2 hours, and yet you have never said how the trade panned out, you are getting like old FXMorph, useless analysis, selective results etc. Give everybody a break, focus on trading yourself, rather than hounding people here.

Trading is about "you" and not the "system". There is no silver bullet nor one size fits all.

If your randomly assertion make it valid then I can also assert. I assert the statistically significant sample size for tomorton would be 1 unless he declares an alternative number.

Well including this one I think you're proving my point.

You might be a brilliant trader but you've added zero value to this forum. Can you understand its possible for people to trade successfully without doing it exactly like you?

Here's another suggestion. You've been a member for well over a year and posted 1,450 posts. Yet you haven't started a single thread. Can you think nobody will listen to what you have to say? Or is it you don't really want to share how you do what you do?

From my perspective, you added zero because all you did was fed beginners the standard shop material. Hence I was asking you to demonstrate trading so that people can see your ideas working.

Yes, I can see brewski traded differently from foroom who traded differently from piphoe who traded different from me. I could not see you doing any trading. Is you trading method done by not trading ?

I am too lazy to start a thread. If you want to start one for me that suits my interests, I'll be happy to post in it. If not, it's no loss to me. I am here to look at people trading. I have never asked anyone to share their technique, nor have I ever stated I am here to share.

Here's a simple analogy, you go to a park tennis court and watch people play. It is not necessary to exchange techniques. You just watch them. Imagine some idiot go stand in the court and don't play but just talk, you'd tell him to go home because he's not really playing.

if the rules of the system upon which it was developed are followed implicitly, the system will deliver the income.

Where do these rules come from ? Were they given to you by a shop ? Can the income be demonstrated ? In your case what is the sample size for a successful demonstration ?

I presume you can not demonstrate your income generation owing to the fact it is a freebie ?

I noticed you barracking on Brewski's forum, and your big headed brag on how to trade, (which was laughable) see my reply on his forum, you went way offside and against every PA trend below 2 hours, and yet you have never said how the trade panned out, you are getting like old FXMorph, useless analysis, selective results etc. Give everybody a break, focus on trading yourself, rather than hounding people here.

Brewski did not want to talk to me any more and I think blamed me for his losses. So I don't go there any more, and have no idea what's being said. My trades remain good until I close them. If you did not see a trade closed then I still have it. Alternatively, you can consult darkie who keeps the books for me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89.7 KB · Views: 114
From my perspective, you added zero because all you did was fed beginners the standard shop material. Hence I was asking you to demonstrate trading so that people can see your ideas working.

Yes, I can see brewski traded differently from foroom who traded differently from piphoe who traded different from me. I could not see you doing any trading. Is you trading method done by not trading ?

I am too lazy to start a thread. If you want to start one for me that suits my interests, I'll be happy to post in it. If not, it's no loss to me. I am here to look at people trading. I have never asked anyone to share their technique, nor have I ever stated I am here to share.

Here's a simple analogy, you go to a park tennis court and watch people play. It is not necessary to exchange techniques. You just watch them. Imagine some idiot go stand in the court and don't play but just talk, you'd tell him to go home because he's not really playing.

I have volunteered that I don't fully understand your approach to trading. It seems that the posters who have replied about your approach say its not as good as you make out. I'm neutral - if I can't understand the system, I can't understand its criticisms, but I'm willing to hear from both sides.

I encourage you to start your own thread which concentrates on your own style of trading, rather than using other people's threads - which obviously immediately puts you in the negative position of saying more about what they're doing wrong than about what you're doing right.

I have volunteered that I don't fully understand your approach to trading. It seems that the posters who have replied about your approach say its not as good as you make out. I'm neutral - if I can't understand the system, I can't understand its criticisms, but I'm willing to hear from both sides.

I encourage you to start your own thread which concentrates on your own style of trading, rather than using other people's threads - which obviously immediately puts you in the negative position of saying more about what they're doing wrong than about what you're doing right.

I don't remember making out anything. I trade the way I do for my own gain. Other people's views has no effect on that.

Since I don't work for a shop or shops, I have no use for positive light. Negative light has no effect on me. I occasionally put trades in other trading threads. Like when one is on a tennis court, one might take a swing. It make no difference if one is scheduled to play or not.

Rather than encouraging me to start a thread, why don't you start one yourself and put your call outs in it. That will put at rest people's curiosity whether you trade at all or whether your ideas are any good ?

In any case I already have a thread that helpful forrom started.

I don't remember making out anything. I trade the way I do for my own gain. Other people's views has no effect on that.

Since I don't work for a shop or shops, I have no use for positive light. Negative light has no effect on me.

Rather than encouraging me to start a thread, why don't you start one yourself and put your call outs in it. That will put at rest people's curiosity whether you trade at all or whether your ideas are any good ?

In any case I already have a thread that helpful forrom started.

I'm sure nobody gives a t0ss whether I trade or whether I make a profit. I'm fairly certain they read what I write (maybe) and then make their own minds up.

I can assure you I don't work for any shop or shops.

As I said earlier, all your posts tend to the negative.

I'm sure nobody gives a t0ss whether I trade or whether I make a profit. I'm fairly certain they read what I write (maybe) and then make their own minds up.

I can assure you I don't work for any shop or shops.

As I said earlier, all your posts tend to the negative.

You are too negative. I wouldn't mind take a look at your trades. I hear so much about TA, I'd like to see one working.

You are too negative. I wouldn't mind take a look at your trades. I hear so much about TA, I'd like to see one working.

My system is purely TA, served me well for over a decade, of course I'm not going to reveal it, it's my edge. TA can and does work, just got to keep it simple IMHO

What the hell are you on about, I called back to T2W for a nosy, only to see you spouting off crap on various forums. Common sense (which you seem to have little of).

You asked "how do you work out if a plan is worth following", are you insane man, what a ridiculous question. A decent trader will have a trading strategy that has being back and forward tested, the analysis of the results will determine whether it will be a successful strategy, and if the rules of the system upon which it was developed are followed implicitly, the system will deliver the income.

LOL. Well, seems the quality of posters is finally improving.

My system is purely TA, served me well for over a decade, of course I'm not going to reveal it, it's my edge. TA can and does work, just got to keep it simple IMHO

If people can't see one then you don't have one. You might as well say bigfoot is living in your shed, but you can't show it to anyone to protect it from harm.

My trades remain good until I close them. If you did not see a trade closed then I still have it.

So based on this statement , are you confirming you still have this trade open?, you didn't called it closed, if so you are currently -120 pips offside, at what point do you acknowledge, you got it wrong, take a loss and preserve capital, PA still rising and your loss in gaining. Bad trade, bad entry, bad management (n)

So based on this statement , are you confirming you still have this trade open?, you didn't called it closed, if so you are currently -120 pips offside, at what point do you acknowledge, you got it wrong, take a loss and preserve capital, PA still rising and your loss in gaining. Bad trade, bad entry, bad management (n)

Yes it's open. I am wrong when I say it's wrong. I am right, until then.

If people can't see one then you don't have one. You might as well say bigfoot is living in your shed, but you can't show it to anyone to protect it from harm.

What are you on ?, a overdose of self importance :LOL:. Any decent trader business trading plan, its what a strategy is based upon, my entries are TA and are a mirror image of them selves, every trade's condition are TA identical and has served me well for over a decade, if for a moment you think I'm going to spurt out my trading edge on here for you to have a free ride, you madder than you come across :sleep: