FXX

Experienced member
1,242 250
having worked at investment banks I can assure you they are more focused on risk models and fundamentals than technicals. It is such a small part of their trading its almost not worth discussing. Where has the author has sourced the info regarding investment banks and their use of technicals, is it just an assumption! they do put out technical analysis for clients but I have been very close to those teams across several investment banks and it was more of a public display than anything else. They tend to use junior analysts for this as well, people that don't trade for a living.

Reactions: tomorton and canonx

TechnicalTrader123

11 2
Quite interesting and extremely well written. I completely agree with the first point. Technical Analysis is never meant only for short term, however it has been seen that short term traders (day traders and swing traders) will usually benefit more from technical analysis however anyone, including positional traders, can take the benefits of technical analysis.

humbletraderz

5 0
Thank you.Very informational.
For TA , shud find a chart that is going upward other than fundamentally strong.At least that is what i understand.

NVP

Legendary member
37,586 2,009
almost screams the obvious.....why do so many forex traders still use so many indicators that were created for other markets ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock