Old School Technical Analysis

blancspa

Established member
Hi folks
I am looking for resources on pure technical analysis of patterns not the one with indicators.
By that I mean, old school patterns like H&S, flags, pennants, cup & saucers etc.

I have come across the following list of books:
* ACHELIS, Steven B., 2000. Technical Analysis from A to Z. Second ed. McGraw-Hill.
* ARONSON, David R., 2006. Evidence-Based Technical Analysis: Applying the Scientific Method and Statistical Inference to Trading Signals. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
* EDWARDS, Robert D., John MAGEE, and W. H. C. BASSETTI, 2001. Technical Analysis of Stock Trends. Eighth ed. CRC Press LLC.
* MURPHY, John J., 1999. Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets. New York Institute of Finance.
* PRING, Martin J., 2002. Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor’s Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points. Fourth ed. McGraw-Hill.

WOuld you reccomend any of those. Or maybe there is something more educating in your opinion?
Thanks

I agree about Murphy but I like Pring and would add Wyckoff

I have the pdf books if you pm me

You absolutely need to read Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Edwards and Magee.

This will have exactly what you are looking for in terms of pattern analysis and the edition has not much changed since the first publication over 50 years ago, though it has been updated by Bassetti. You will also find references to even older-school books and analysts.

I'd also recommend Frost and Prechter's Elliott Wave. Both of these are on the MTA's suggested reading list for the CMT Exam. Which you can find here: http://www.mta.org/eweb/dynamicpage.aspx?webcode=cmtlevel1reading

http://www.mta.org/eweb/dynamicpage.aspx?webcode=cmtlevel2reading

These guys were pioneers!! Dow Theory is amazing.

Pring and Murphy should do it.

If you really want to get old school on the market's a$$, have a look at j16. Trend lines are considered a bit fruity, let alone patterns, and as for indicators, don't even go there girlfriend.

Finding books and info on that crap is a dime a dozen. There's a reason for that man. Don't get sucked in!