Cable 2010

This time used my system (20 pips stress free) and took 20 - I'm growing to like it.

carefall hawk you will end up buying it your so keen.

last trade was stopped be for day.

funny thing is i was thinking to kill it at +20 and be happy with +2% for the day then it went to +5 and i thought i'll kill it when it gets back to +20.

whenever i think that last thought i should immediately kill the trade they ALWAYS get stopped.

Anyway fock me why am i back on here after only 4h sleep must go back to sleep, damn laptop by the bed £$%#@*!!

I did enter long 1.6166 and close at 1.6211,after the fall to 1.6130 and confirmed by bullish engulfing= 45 profit .lost 45 on e usd

Dollar index should bounce of some resistance turned support...so USD to get stronger.

Well done bedist!

Where'd you enter?

Sorry for late reply Hawk- I was off line.

I entered 1 pip above 12:00 - 14:15 range and exited after 20 pips target was hit.
I started thread - it's called "20 pips a day keeps stress away" in Dec and sort of explained it there.

PS As you can see I tend to exit as soon as small profit is available. Before I tried to apply standard traders wisdom, like: let the profit run and cut the losses short.
Well, from my experience in day trading ended up with lots of losses (trying for big runs) before switching to taking (reasonable) profit as soon as it is available. It takes longer to grow the capital, but somehow is friendlier to my equity.
This is my experience with day trading - longer term trading may be different.

Last edited:
*No useful info here*

But it looks to me like the longer term trend is turning around, and we'll be in an "up trend" if it makes a HrH passing at the blue line. Might be useful for those to know who trade intraday with trend!

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (26-JAN-10).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (26-JAN-10).png
    22.5 KB · Views: 113
Sorry for late reply Hawk- I was off line.

I entered 1 pip above 12:00 - 14:15 range and exited after 20 pips target was hit.
I started thread - it's called "20 pips a day keeps stress away" in Dec and sort of explained it there.

PS As you can see I tend to exit as soon as small profit is available. Before I tried to apply standard traders wisdom, like: let the profit run and cut the losses short.
Well, from my experience in day trading ended up with lots of losses (trying for big runs) before switching to taking (reasonable) profit as soon as it is available. It takes longer to grow the capital, but somehow is friendlier to my equity.
This is my experience with day trading - longer term trading may be different.

Yeah I saw your thread, been meaning to pop in...

RE the taking quick profits, that's the only problem I have with 20 pip and finished trading. I like how it's easy but I hate how just a few bad wins and you've broken even since it's 1:1 reward. I think you have to find a balance of taking profits without holding through the pullbacks but also getting a nice R:R. Each to their own though, and if it's working well for you keep doing it until it doesn't work anymore! :D

*No useful info here*

But it looks to me like the longer term trend is turning around, and we'll be in an "up trend" if it makes a HrH passing at the blue line. Might be useful for those to know who trade intraday with trend!

longer term trend, I was expecting a weekly chart then..:)

longer term trend, I was expecting a weekly chart then..:)

Longer term trend. ;)

I know most of the people in this thread are daytraders so I didn't think the long term (weekly) stuff would be much use to them but I thought the H4 might be!

Longer term trend. ;)

I know most of the people in this thread are daytraders so I didn't think the long term (weekly) stuff would be much use to them but I thought the H4 might be!

When be bet on horses,we like the excitement of the stallion flying at 500 miles per hour,not running backwards.

Longer term trend. ;)

1 min, 1hr, 1 week .... they're all relevent... :cheesy: