Fx 2008

Is anyone trading?Second day without a single trade!It looks like that today i will not pull the trigger.Lot of consolidation is going on:(
But at the other hand standing aside is also legitimate position which can save money and keep us out from low probability trades.
In hope of seeing trends soon,
VTK:cheesy:

I am learning that it is better for me to trade far less frequently, until I see a higher probability setup, then I will enter with bigger size.

Waiting for a good setup demonstrates control and patience. So no trades for me today yet either.

Slow and uneventful. Unlike my life these days! :LOL:

No trades either - but the life thing has something to do with that ;)

I am learning that it is better for me to trade far less frequently, until I see a higher probability setup, then I will enter with bigger size.
Waiting for a good setup demonstrates control and patience. So no trades for me today yet either.

You are very right.I took 3 trades yesterday.(n)
Have closed two of them for small loss because i did not like price action.Last one was stopped out.-1,68% is the result.
Looks like today there will be no trading for me which is best thing i can do for mine (demo)account.
And as rags2riches have said,waiting for high probability setup is way to go.This way our wins will be (in terms of $) far more greater than our losses..
Just mine 2PIPS..
Regards,
VTK

I am watching USD/JPY(bullish),GBP/JPY(bullish) and AUD/USD(bullish)..Will see if there is going to be some go-go signals..
Have a nice day,traders!
VTK

Their Forecast Wasn't Wrong -- Reality Was | Elliott Wave International

"The main reason the market 'doesn't make sense' is that the observers' premises are false. Most investors believe that they are dealing with a law of cause and effect with the market's action on the 'effect' side of the equation. The market, if it does operate in a cause and effect world, is a reading of what is on the 'cause' side. The market's behavior itself just IS. It is a manifestation of naturally rhythmic mass mood change. Price patterns reveal this basic law of human nature, and human nature hasn't changed. A student of the market, as opposed to a theorizing model-builder, will likely find himself coming ultimately to that conclusion.

"A fox only appears to be crazy if you expect it to behave like a chicken. Similarly, the market only appears 'crazy' if you expect it to behave according to the laws of physics."
:) :)

What a week! cable goes into freefall and I miss multiple opportunities to ride the move.
Oh well.

After eurcad shredded my nerves for 2 hours I finally got to scale out 1/2 my position for 1R profit. It's not the optimal method but it allows me to get a risk free trade WITHOUT MOVING MY STOP TO BREAKEVEN

Aaaaahhhh I feel better already.........:)

What a week! cable goes into freefall and I miss multiple opportunities to ride the move.
Oh well.

After eurcad shredded my nerves for 2 hours I finally got to scale out 1/2 my position for 1R profit. It's not the optimal method but it allows me to get a risk free trade WITHOUT MOVING MY STOP TO BREAKEVEN

Aaaaahhhh I feel better already.........:)

As mentioned previously I'm not trading at the moment. But there were signals on EUR/USD this week. Pips to be had - as well as horrid volatility :!:

Chart

Here is an Inside Bar Trade that came good ( I think Wasp likes this pair?)

Other main pairs were good for profits bar the Euro?Dollar which had two IB's but the rule of putting stops at the bottom of the IB saw two trades blown out (OK - you can put stops elsewhere but I see no need to change as yet).:)

Enjoy.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 263
Here is an Inside Bar Trade that came good ( I think Wasp likes this pair?)

Other main pairs were good for profits bar the Euro?Dollar which had two IB's but the rule of putting stops at the bottom of the IB saw two trades blown out (OK - you can put stops elsewhere but I see no need to change as yet).:)

Enjoy.

Hi Neil

Interesting point you make. I read your IB thread (or the one you linked to! - Thanks! :) ) and spent a bit of time looking at the IB system. It really doesn't seem to do the job on EUR/USD: gets whipped about alot. However, it seemed to be ok on other pairs I looked at. At present I'm strictly a EUR/USD man tho.

finally got a piece of the cable action this morning on the IB. Long overdue!

I wonder if we will now see a few days of choppy consolidation? If so, patience and not overtrading are going to be critical for me...

Is everybody dead?

I thought about taking a short in EUR/USD this morning. Glad I didn't do it :)

Is that a 1-2-3 forming on the daily.....?

Haven't made a single trade today. Watched the 400 point rally in EurUsd without getting involved because no setup appeared for me. I don't even care about it.

I think I am improving :)

Political campaigns are designedly made into emotional orgies which endeavor to distract attention from the real issues involved, and they actually paralyze what slight powers of cerebration man can normally muster.

~ James Harvey Robinson (1937)

(from incrediblecharts.com website)

*Phew*

Been awhile....

Range BO on EUR/USD short at 1.2650 today.

Still riding, free trade. We're either about to be stopped out or this is a bear flag....

See the wedge on a EUR/USD 4h chart :)

It looks like we are finally leaving range(s):clap:
There were some nice bearish moves in the afternoon.Have thought it would be much more quite because of bank holiday in US.
Cheers,
VTK

It looks like we are finally leaving range(s):clap:
There were some nice bearish moves in the afternoon.Have thought it would be much more quite because of bank holiday in US.
Cheers,
VTK

That's the reason why I hate thse hollidays on the forex market...
Or you can make lots of money (because of the volatility) or you can lose allot because the market is to quiet..