Broadband ... anywhere in UK

I think you will find it isnt possible due to the actual cable in the ground. I had a similar problem in Somerset a couple of years ago...

MT

Dave1971 said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to opt to take your line from a different exchange? I believe I am actually nearer, as the crow flies, to the exchange in the next town, which is also enabled and could solve my problem?

MysticalTrader said:
Dave1971, the flaw in your logic is the underlying assumption that there is anyone working for BT who has any sense. After dealing with BT extensively (business and personal) I can confidently say that if there is, senior management keep them well hidden and far far away from customers...

MT

HHmm...

That's what I suspected, and it doesn't matter what you say to the person taking your call 'cos they just work in a call centre and couldn't give a **** what you think of either them or BT :devilish:

MysticalTrader said:
I think you will find it isnt possible due to the actual cable in the ground. I had a similar problem in Somerset a couple of years ago...

MT

D'oh ! Sorry MT didn't mean to be thick, the frustration is clouding my normally reliable logic :(

The 10 km trials of ADSL have gone well in milton keynes and have been extended to include other regions of the UK. Accroding to an (unnamed) isp, role-out across the UK is scheduled for late september, so that should be done (realistically) some time before christmas, but i expect it will be gradual with some getting it sooner than others.

BT's official line is that 6km is still the limit - these are considered "beta" trials at the moment, so noone in BT's call centres will provide any information.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/news/1155988

BT customer service is terrible... last year I had a fault and after 3 weeks of them saying they had fixed the problem ( no-one had actually come to my house to find out what the problem was)... I found out what it was myself and had to tell them so they could fix it!

And so far this year, I have had problems with my phone line.. each time they said the line tested okay, so I had to insist someone came out.. they found a fault each time!!

dav10 said:
dave1971, i will try and get more info on your area over the next few days ,will let you know what comes up

Dav10

Just wondering if you managed to turn anything up that might help me?

Many thanks

Dave