Broadband ... anywhere in UK

delboy trotter

112 2
JonnyT,

Does your mate at the labs know anything about the Broadband extension trials at Milton Keynes? I had broadband for about 5 weeks (worked perfectly) and then it stopped operating. BT said I was on the limit for the service. The trials at MK are supposed to get round the problems of "too far from the exchange" for customers who live in an exchange enabled district, but can't get reliable broadband.

dbt

dav10

40 0
Hi I just thought I would let you guys know that two weeks ago I had wireless broadband fitted, I live in the middle of nowhere and we can not get any other broadband service. Wireless broadband is absolutely brilliant!! The great thing about it that the speed is the same on up load and down load therefore making it faster than ADSL, Sat and BT broadband. All for about the same cost as the other services. If anyone would like any further information on wireless broadband, just send me a post and I will be happy to help.

Dave1971

135 0
If anyone would like any further information on wireless broadband, just send me a post and I will be happy to help.

I would be very interested, I am still struggling with dial-up and have just come accross this thread. I have looked into sat. broadband but wasn't convinced so wireless sounds ideal. please let me know who you are with so iI can look into it further.

I am on an exchange that is enabled, but I am 100yards too far from the exchange!

Thanks

Dave

MysticalTrader

165 1
Sounds great - what was the cost?

MT

dav10 said:
Hi I just thought I would let you guys know that two weeks ago I had wireless broadband fitted, I live in the middle of nowhere and we can not get any other broadband service. Wireless broadband is absolutely brilliant!! The great thing about it that the speed is the same on up load and down load therefore making it faster than ADSL, Sat and BT broadband. All for about the same cost as the other services. If anyone would like any further information on wireless broadband, just send me a post and I will be happy to help.

dav10

40 0
will post web address of avalable,companys in uk

dav10

40 0
i know page not found ,you will have to go to the first address and do a search on wireless broad band,go to the message board and it will be in there,

dav10

40 0
The above link works, it should give you all the info you need

dav10

40 0
i have heard from people in te know that BT, will wait for all the small companys to cover uk then buy them all out , another quote from my freind was that BT think this is how all bb will work in the future ALL THE BEST dav10

JonnyT

2,560 22
BT have committed to provide 99.9% coverage within two years.

BT will not be allowed to buy out all the other (if any) ADSL operators so dav10's information is incorrect.

JonnyT

dav10

40 0
I will bet you £50 bt dont cover 99.9% of the country with bb within 2 years, just a small wager, and not a tit for tat argument lets see how it pans out..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock