Broadband ... anywhere in UK

answer to your question MT ,the same as normal bb and a lot cheaper and faster than sat

i have heard from people in te know that BT, will wait for all the small companys to cover uk then buy them all out , another quote from my freind was that BT think this is how all bb will work in the future ALL THE BEST dav10

BT have committed to provide 99.9% coverage within two years.

BT will not be allowed to buy out all the other (if any) ADSL operators so dav10's information is incorrect.

JonnyT

I will bet you £50 bt dont cover 99.9% of the country with bb within 2 years, just a small wager, and not a tit for tat argument lets see how it pans out..

when the 2 years are up ,and if you are right you have permission to hound me on every thread for your £50

BT may say they have fulfilled their promise but the repair costs may be a lot..

I got broadband a few weeks ago and have had lots of problems, had BT out numerous times and now waiting for an underground cable check.
This doesn't surprise me though cos every year I usually have a fault that takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get fixed.
So maybe this 'might' be sorted in a couple of months!

been on a lot of BB sites most think BT will take untill year 2015-2020 to rig BB to all households

I know 2 people who own ISP,s both are waiting for an offer from BT in the distant future, and both would sell there wireless isp as long as there is a decent profit in the deal for them

JonnyT said:
BT have committed to provide 99.9% coverage within two years.

BT will not be allowed to buy out all the other (if any) ADSL operators so dav10's information is incorrect.

JonnyT

I think BT will have to go wireless if they are to achive 99.9% coverage or at least improve the capability of current exchanges. I live 4.14KM from my exchange which has been enabled for a couple of years now. I am a few hundred yards too far away to get ADSL but am far from the last house on the outskirts of the district, so there will be hundreds of others in the same boat.

Frustrating thing is because I am so close to a major town where there is plenty of ADSL coverage, no wireless supplier is covering me yet. :eek: I would welcome any advice because my research at the moment is showing that I am stuck with dial-up :(

ADSL Long reach has been ratified by the standards authorities and extends the reach to around 10km from the exchange.

JonnyT

thats not what BT tells you when you make an enquiry about wanting BB ,i could phone them right now ,and thay will still say i am to far from there exchange (im 6km) thay just say that thay dont intend upgrading the exchange in the near future, and dont have a date for upgrade

dave1971, i will try and get more info on your area over the next few days ,will let you know what comes up

JonnyT said:
ADSL Long reach has been ratified by the standards authorities and extends the reach to around 10km from the exchange.

JonnyT

Thats very helpful JT, but how do I get through to anyone with any sense at BT who can tell me if they are going to apply this to my exchange. As Dav10 says, all BT's helpline will tell me is that BB is not available to me and keep trying every few months, which I have been doing now for over 2 years, and it's getting boring!

the only real way of doing this and getting results is if you get about 200-300 people in your area to log with bt there intrest in the service ,we did this in stansted mountfichet and bt had to upgrade because of the intrest ,this area is now bb capable

i have moved from that location ,thats why i use wireless radio BB at this moment in time

dav10 said:
dave1971, i will try and get more info on your area over the next few days ,will let you know what comes up
Thanks Dav10 that's good of you. For further info I live in the north east outskirts of Huddersfield. (My BT exchange is MYHUD) I have researched what I think are most of my options, satelite isn't attractive, and there is wireless coverage about 15 miles east, and about 25 miles west.

Cheers

Dave1971 :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to opt to take your line from a different exchange? I believe I am actually nearer, as the crow flies, to the exchange in the next town, which is also enabled and could solve my problem?

Dave1971, the flaw in your logic is the underlying assumption that there is anyone working for BT who has any sense. After dealing with BT extensively (business and personal) I can confidently say that if there is, senior management keep them well hidden and far far away from customers...

MT

Dave1971 said:
Thats very helpful JT, but how do I get through to anyone with any sense at BT who can tell me if they are going to apply this to my exchange. As Dav10 says, all BT's helpline will tell me is that BB is not available to me and keep trying every few months, which I have been doing now for over 2 years, and it's getting boring!