Brexit - in or out

Aye and pretty dangerous, too. It's been said before that labour are unelectable but they do have the seats so, when people want to get rid of the current government, they'll vote labour - anything else is just a protest vote.

It's a frightening thought that Corbyn and his crew might taste power.

I thought the whole point was that the power is in Brussels now.

Lord Sugar is a legend. (y) :

That, he is not...I would love him to sit behind that boardroom table and talk down to me like he does on his poxy t.v.program.

I would be over there like a shot, grab him by his cheap TKmax tie and land him so many right hooks he would be begging for a left. Nob. :cheesy:

Seen how many helicopters in the south east chasing stolen cars and how many boats in the channel?

Priorities could be different.

You know one thing drives me crazy, the black cab drivers in London couldn't fly the cross of St. George for the Euro Championships by an edict from Livingstone's office because it might be perceived as racist.

Anyone tell me what other city in Europe would do that? I live in Russia now and I can imagine them telling the cab drivers not to fly the flag as we don't want to upset the immigrants! Plus most of the people who they were worried about offending have UK passports, now if that isn't wrong I don't know what is.

That, he is not...I would love him to sit behind that boardroom table and talk down to me like he does on his poxy t.v.program.

I would be over there like a shot, grab him by his cheap TKmax tie and land him so many right hooks he would be begging for a left. Nob. :cheesy:

That's going on my wall. :LOL:

Quote of the week.

He wouldn't need to lift a finger to deal with you. Couple of Ayrton Senna's to his mates should sort you out. I doubt he needs to cleans his own laundry like you do?

No respect left in this country to those who served it well. Anybody remember the Amstrad revolutionary PC?

Aye and pretty dangerous, too. It's been said before that labour are unelectable but they do have the seats so, when people want to get rid of the current government, they'll vote labour - anything else is just a protest vote.

It's a frightening thought that Corbyn and his crew might taste power.

Well once upon a time especially after Michael Foot I would have put my pension on that the Labour party could never EVER achieve three election wins. We know what happened after vindictive Mrs T, ripped the country apart into two. People were so sick and tired of the Tories Labour got in.

In another thread someone mentioned last time UK had positive Current Account BoP was in 1982. Reason for that was clearly because Mrs T took the heart out of the UK manufacturing industry and unemployment went well over 3m. No one had any money but tons of hard ship. Hence, we had an export led recovery. Just about the only time in a century.

Most people I doubt understand or appreciate the impact and magnitude of her devastating policies. I doubt people voting for Brexit understand the ramifications of their vote either. Every UK election, the migrant vote and controlling immigration is a policy winner. Get much talked about and every party continued letting in more.

I keep telling you guys - it's policy because it is the solution for the impending pension crises and retiring baby boomers. It's also the recipee for growing GDP thus reducing debt. People sadly would like to hear what they want to hear.

Anyhow, coming to the Tories, some call it scare mongering but based on my analysis and learning the storm and global fall out with EU, China and subsequently US, the Brexit vote is going to be a catastropheeeee for the UK. (n)

The same bodies voting out to get a wage increase will be voting for Corbyn to boot the Tories into orbit for getting them into the Brexit mess.

I would not rule it out! Labour right now, who are quietly sitting, waiting for the Tories to tear them selves apart.

UK will also disintegrate with Ireland, Wales and Scotland heading towards the EU.

a4f68bd45fe971575854f0cdfebf671d.jpg

Well once upon a time especially after Michael Foot I would have put my pension on that the Labour party could never EVER achieve three election wins. We know what happened after vindictive Mrs T, ripped the country apart into two. People were so sick and tired of the Tories Labour got in.

In another thread someone mentioned last time UK had positive Current Account BoP was in 1982. Reason for that was clearly because Mrs T took the heart out of the UK manufacturing industry and unemployment went well over 3m. No one had any money but tons of hard ship. Hence, we had an export led recovery. Just about the only time in a century.

Most people I doubt understand or appreciate the impact and magnitude of her devastating policies. I doubt people voting for Brexit understand the ramifications of their vote either. Every UK election, the migrant vote and controlling immigration is a policy winner. Get much talked about and every party continued letting in more.

I keep telling you guys - it's policy because it is the solution for the impending pension crises and retiring baby boomers. It's also the recipee for growing GDP thus reducing debt. People sadly would like to hear what they want to hear.

Anyhow, coming to the Tories, some call it scare mongering but based on my analysis and learning the storm and global fall out with EU, China and subsequently US, the Brexit vote is going to be a catastropheeeee for the UK. (n)

The same bodies voting out to get a wage increase will be voting for Corbyn to boot the Tories into orbit for getting them into the Brexit mess.

I would not rule it out! Labour right now, who are quietly sitting, waiting for the Tories to tear them selves apart.

UK will also disintegrate with Ireland, Wales and Scotland heading towards the EU.
Well said! It's these far right groups that are fuelling the Brexit, I guess the Farage crew are peddling some gravy stories in their back alleys about the human rights act, the biggest reason the whole thing is even under consideration because anyone who owns a business understands the benefit of migrant labour.

A Good portion of Brits now own property or stand to inherit, so the migrants are really just filling the vacuum left by the new bourgeoisie. This new middle class no longer requires work for income and can afford to lounge. The irony is, migrants are paying to live in their investments. I am part of this class, so I am well aware. The benefit crowd will disagree but it is reality.

I've explained all this and more over and over and I'm not about to go through it all again.

You are clearly not a Brit as you don't have the foggiest clue about how we think.:)

I've explained all this and more over and over and I'm not about to go through it all again.

You are clearly not a Brit as you don't have the foggiest clue about how we think.:)

Wasn't asking for an explanation, cheers for saving my eyes. :eek:

I am a Brit, have the vote and will use it in the best interests of HM Government.

Who do you think you are speaking for with the 'we' bit?

Last edited:
How will the UK’s EU referendum vote unfold on the day?

The UK’s referendum on whether to continue its membership of the EU takes place on June 23. It’s been cited by experts as a key risk facing financial markets and the broader economy in the UK and elsewhere. So how will the vote itself unfold and when will key announcements be made?

How will the voting and the count take place?

Polling stations open at 7am in the UK morning and close at 10pm in the evening on June 23.

Once the polls close, the ballot papers from the individual stations will be taken to 382 local centres. Results will be declared centre by centre once they are known and they have been approved by regional Counting Officers.

The UK’s Electoral Commission, the independent body tasked with overseeing elections and referendums in the country, thinks the local counts will be completed between 12.30 am and 7 am on the morning of June 24.

Local totals will also be collated into 11 regional totals and these will be combined with the results from Northern Ireland and Gibraltar to form the official result. The official announcement of the result by the Chief Counting Officer will be made in Manchester Town Hall around “breakfast time”, according to the Commission, although it adds there’s “considerable uncertainty” about the exact timing.

But won’t the result become clear before the official announcement is made?

At General Elections in the UK, major broadcasters like the BBC, Sky News and ITV News team up with polling companies like GfK, NOP and Ipsos MORI to produce a national exit poll that’s released shortly after the polls close.

The broadcasters aren’t expected to do this for the referendum, just as they didn’t attempt to do one after the Scottish referendum on UK membership in 2014. The General Election exit polls have traditionally had mixed success in getting close to the actual result, and it’s technically much more difficult to do a poll on a referendum question because of a lack of data on previous behaviour and voting patterns.

Private polling company YouGov published a poll shortly after the Scottish referendum polling stations closed, but it isn’t known whether the company will repeat this after the EU referendum.

The Financial Times has reported hedge funds and investment banks are commissioning private exit polls in an attempt to gain an edge in the markets. Any results of these would only be evident in price moves in the market.

Analysis and debate will start the moment the polling stations close as the BBC and others start their referendum night programmes. As with the Scottish referendum, the BBC and other trusted media organisations will likely call the result of the referendum before the official result is announced, based on most of the local announcements coming in. This is likely to happen sometime between 3 am and 5 am, when more than 75% of the local results will be know. The closer the result is, the later this call will be able to be made.

What about the markets?
The fluctuations of referendum night will be most evident in price movements for the pound. The London stock market is closed during the night, and London stocks don’t start trading until 8 am on June 24, when the result is likely to be known.

However, if the result is a vote for the UK to leave the EU, then that will be felt in markets well beyond the pound and the local stock exchange.

However, if the result is a vote for the UK to leave the EU, then that will be felt in markets well beyond the pound and the local stock exchange.

This is so true and ultimately with the passage of time our ability to insulate from world shocks and ability to compete will be key determining factor.

Hoping for the best either way. (y)

This is so true and ultimately with the passage of time our ability to insulate from world shocks and ability to compete will be key determining factor.

Hoping for the best either way. (y)

Not big into politics but watched many over night UK and US election result from Australia.
The markets epp and flow when the results come in, all good fun.

With a vote out.
I think the YEN will fly higher and the USD will get smashed, maybe not against the pound, will hold back there rate rises until the dust settles.
Markets will get smashed around the world, great buy and hold into year end if that happens.

I will just keep my day flutters small on the ASX that day.

Personal view would vote out.
The UK never adopted the currency so never been fully committed.
Plus the EU is just another tier of government that business pay's for.
And don't see any countries in the EU reducing there size of government to allow for the extra work taken on by the EU.

Any way can't vote been left the UK too long.