Brexit - in or out

A little something, just in case your having trouble getting to sleep Atilla..
Appears to be all in order to me....:whistling

CONSOLIDATED VERSIONS OF THE TREATY ON EUROPEAN UNION AND THE TREATY ON THE FUNCTIONING OF THE EUROPEAN UNION...

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont....2010.083.01.0001.01.ENG#C_2010083EN.01001301 C 83/1

OMG :LOL: ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

See :eek: what you mean Mike.

I did have a casual glance and now I understand what it means to throw the book at someone.

I'm glad there are clever clogs out there who can come up with such fancy speel.

(y)

QMV.......Are we about to loose even more power next march if we remain in the EU ?

http://www.snouts-in-the-trough.com/archives/9615

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/council-eu/voting-system/qualified-majority/

We will have only one chance in our lifetime to do the right thing....

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

( Muhammad Ali)

There are many chances in life to the right thing. Beg to differ there.

One can also say sorry and change, undo ones mistake.

My bad grammar....Should of said " we will only have this one chance to do the right thing"...

Brexit, cut the chains. (y)

My bad grammar....Should of said " we will only have this one chance to do the right thing"...

Brexit, cut the chains. (y)

Brexiters arguments do not add up.

Yes we have a problem with excessive regulation and migration but leaving is not the answer imho.

Both those issues will continue whether we leave or remain.

Sovereignty is made a bid deal out of but also is a non issue as our freedoms if any are greater IN than out. Nigel Lawson being the best example in point.

The rest IMHO similar to far right groups and nationalist in Germany are more to do with that simple nationalism and vested political interests just noise that fails to address fundamental issues facing the British economy. (y)

Since the start of the campaign it is clear that the attitude being taken especially by the Remain Camp is to treat the electorate in a condescending and "we know better than" you way. This is seriously backfiring and you would think that they would know by now that if you treat people in such a degrading manner they will react to it at an emotional as opposed to an objective way.

All the predictions from economists should be completely ignored in my view as their record for successfully predicting what will happen even on a short time frame is appalling.

The reality is that no one actually knows what will happen if we leave the EU or for that matter if we stay in the EU and the argument that it is too risky to do so is a very poor one.

What is clear is that people will not tolerate being talked down to as can be seen by the increase in the Leave opinion poll standings.

This is just history repeating itself. The Romans tried assimilating large parts of Europe 2000 years ago, they were expansionist, collected taxes, made themselves rich and ignored the people. They attempted to turn everyone into Romans by destroying culture and implementing their own rule and all they were interested in was lining Rome with gold and making life at home as luxurious as possible based on the hard work and slavery of the people they conquered. And look what happened to them when the people rejected the Romans and were replaced by a bunch of Christians that then fractured into warring parties, wars based on religious beliefs that we are still fighting 2000 years later. But the Roman Empire collapsed.

Sure, things are a little bit more civilised today but the principles and concepts are the same and you will be hard pushed to find a leader in all of this that doesn't claim to be religious.

However, the People's Front of Brexit will probably win and that will bring about the collapse of the Union, the people always win.....in the end.

What did the EU(Romans) ever do for us!

Since the start of the campaign it is clear that the attitude being taken especially by the Remain Camp is to treat the electorate in a condescending and "we know better than" you way. This is seriously backfiring and you would think that they would know by now that if you treat people in such a degrading manner they will react to it at an emotional as opposed to an objective way.

All the predictions from economists should be completely ignored in my view as their record for successfully predicting what will happen even on a short time frame is appalling.

The reality is that no one actually knows what will happen if we leave the EU or for that matter if we stay in the EU and the argument that it is too risky to do so is a very poor one.

What is clear is that people will not tolerate being talked down to as can be seen by the increase in the Leave opinion poll standings.

They are supposed to know better than me. That's why we've got representational democracy and allow our governments to lead and not keep asking us what to do.

Ps: you're right about the improving leave position bookies are at 2/1 today - still 2/5 for stay though .

They are supposed to know better than me. That's why we've got representational democracy and allow our governments to lead and not keep asking us what to do.

Ps: you're right about the improving leave position bookies are at 2/1 today - still 2/5 for stay though .

Thats a good point. I mean, do you want this decision made by the average Joe on the street. I think referendums are a cop out for government

Choice No. 1
One party telling the people they are great, they deserve better and can do better. We are going to raise your wages and reduce price of houses.

Choice No. 2
The other party is telling people we are in this altogether and asking to join up hands with aliens from another planet. Especially so when the people are telling the party that there are too many aliens near them in the first place. They will then need to compete with the aliens for lower wages and higher priced accommodation.

Is that the choice I am asked to make?

Let me think about it for one short minute so I get it right!

I pick number one mi lord :clap::clap::clap:

:cheesy:

Last edited:
Choice No. 1
One party telling the people they are great, they deserve better and can do better. We are going to raise your wages and reduce price of houses.

Choice No. 2
The other party is telling people we are in this altogether and asking to join up hands with aliens from another planet. Especially so when the people are telling the party that there are too many aliens near them in the first place. They will then need to compete with the aliens for lower wages and higher priced accommodation.

Is that the choice I am asked to make?

Let me think about it for one short minute so I get it right!

I pick number one mi lord :clap::clap::clap:

:cheesy:

Wait there is more.

There will be less regulation and instead of trading with a small continent which is getting smaller by the day, we will have the rest of the much bigger World to trade with.

We will not be restricted by a small market.

We can tell the aliens not to come here any more and turn them away if we don't like them.

We will generate 300,000 more jobs.

To top it all off, we will not have to pay £350m weekly membership fee and keep that all to our selves to build as many hospitals and schools as we like.

You know I'm so good I've managed to convince my self into voting out. Can't keep a good man down. (y)

Last edited:
IF I recall correctly, On CNBC Monday morning, they said that 80 percent of Britains want out of the EU.
Is that right ? Who does the voting for the exit? The public or the politicians?
When is the voting ?

I think scaremongering works. It worked in the Scottish referendum, it works in most
When people go to vote the first thing they think about is their own situation, will this effect my job, my house price, the economy. If you tell them enough times it will , they will be scared enough
most people by nature fear change

Thats a good point. I mean, do you want this decision made by the average Joe on the street. I think referendums are a cop out for government

Difficult. Would you like to see happen in the UK what has happened in Cataluña?

An indeterminate part of the population want independence for Cataluña. A party formed by the left, called ERC got a lot of seats in the Catalan Parliament, but not enough. The governing party lost the majority. It was centre but, also, Jordi Pujol was president for 23 years and he was called "Mr 3%". All his family are up for trial on corruption charges. The next president was an Artur Mas. Nothing proved against him but the party is very tainted. This president, seeing the way his party was going, joined up with ERC to form a coalition. Still, not enough seats, so they formed an agreement with a really left wing party called CUP. The whole lot have gained a majority of one seat, can't remember off hand, maybe two.

They want to take Cataluña out of Spain. Every other party, equivalent to UK New Labour, Libs and Conservatives (although they have different names) want a referendum. What do you think of that?

This is what the end of the old two party system has done. The UK is, no longer, a two party nation in Westminster. I should be very careful of giving too much power to governments formed by coalitions. They cannot, on all points, govern with the manifesto promised to their voters. In addition, Cameron's party is very divided.

Last edited: