Brexit - in or out

+1

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

And that applies to the U.S. as well as Britain and the EU.

u being a yank sd know and appreciate cool Brittania is an international brand and global culture in it self.

UK exports and imports global culture and brands.

u need to step out of u lil caravans n smell the fresh air. ave some koffeee. wake up out of your small brains ;)

Aw right. mate! A bit of culcha is wot we all could do wiv, innit? (y)

You are my hero Split,

When I grow up I want to be like you and hopefully live in Italy or some place warmer with good food, design and style.

My joints don't ache as much now the weather's warming up here. You are indeed wise to live in sunny Spain.

Love the lingo. :love::love::love::love:

(y)

Last edited:
The Govt. anti Brexit pamphlet dropped through the door this morning. The question is can I be bothered to read it. They spent £9m of our money ( nobody asked me ) to publish it. I don't regard this as moral behaviour. More like Dodgy Dave's tactics. The pamphlet should have been written by neutral parties.Hard to know who or what to believe imho.

Last edited:
The Govt. anti Brexit pamphlet dropped through the door this morning. The question is can I be bothered to read it. They spent £9m of our money ( nobody asked me ) to publish it. I don't regard this as moral behaviour. More like Dodgy Dave's tactics. The pamphlet should have been written by neutral parties.Hard to know who or what to believe imho.

Read it, Pat, it will do you good.:)

You are my hero Split,

When I grow up I want to be like you and hopefully live in Italy or some place warmer with good food, design.

My joints don't ache as much now the weather's warming up here. You are indeed wise to live in sunny Spain.

Love the lingo. :love::love::love::love:

(y)

Thanks, Atilla, we seem to have avoided most of the cold weather, this year, and I am wondering how much water we have. Other parts have had rain so we may be lucky.

Today has been very warm. Take care with those joints, don't forget the gym and exercise to keep them moving.

Vote in mi Lord. Say aye (y)

You know it makes sense! ;)

Beggars cannot be choosers. If you are immigrating to another country, you should assimilate into that country's culture. If your country is so great, why are leaving it? There are very few positive reasons for becoming an expatriate. There are very few white collar jobs that cause you to move internationally. Most jobs that you would move internationally for are due to the fact that they are blue collar and that those companies are moving their workforces to a cheaper country. If you are moving internationally because you are retired, that is a totally different matter.

I'm still undecided, but if anything this will push me towards vote OUT. Seriously Barack can **** off and mind his own business. I wonder how much dodgey dave paid him.

Seems reasonable for him to spell out the consequences from their point of view.

The exiteers seem to think it would be automatic to get a similar trade deal - why should they think that I dunno. If someone walked out on you would you be inclined to give them a good deal?

In any event it smacks of trying to grab the benefits without taking any of the responsibility.

DO you wear feathers on your head and live in a tipi then?

This is not the Cherokee nation. It is the United States of America founded by Anglo-Saxon and the Dutch. It does not matter what countries came before, only the current one. New Amsterdam. It was not called Nueva York.

I was awaiting your straw man argument. :sleep:

I'm still undecided, but if anything this will push me towards vote OUT. Seriously Barack can **** off and mind his own business. I wonder how much dodgey dave paid him.

Well this is a sentiment much branded about as getting ones back up so to speak.

However, think about how many times you may have had exchanges with your friends about anything that you were thinking of doing re: buying a car, a house, a location or people you should do business with or just simply avoid.

Has there never been a time you may have advised a friend one way or another about what you thought.

He does say - Mr Obama said: "I will say, with the candour of a friend, that the outcome of your decision is a matter of deep interest to the United States.

As UK and US interests often aligned then the UK becomes a US voice in Europe.

Similarly, I thought UK should have held her ground and protected the US with the mess in ME and Iraq. Did voice my opinions strongly but such is life.

I like Obama as I do David Cameron.

In contrast Boris's article in the Sun is pretty disgusting imo. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ma-if-we-LEAVE-the-EU-says-Boris-Johnson.html

On the same track Nicholas Soames blasted Boris and called him unfit to be PM.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pocrisy-telling-British-voters-remain-EU.html

Heard Soames speak on LBC radio and he certainly didn't hold back blasting Boris and talked much good sense.

Once again we live in a global World that is for ever getting smaller and big blocks and unification is the key.

Even in Technology everyone is talking about Unified Converged connections carrying voice, video and data. Isolated technologies in silos just don't work. To get these isolated technologies to talk to each other all sorts of adapters and conversion tools / software is required. What a mess. Thank goodness for USB connectivity too.

Off topic and WTF one may ask. Think Fibonacci sequence and everything around us. It's a concept and inertia a special force whether we like it or not is moving towards global convergence.

People are reluctant to change and have bunker mentality. In an uncertain evolving World to bunker down means one is blinkered and will never see the bigger picture. They don't wish to interface with alien - so called cultures. Without understanding what cultures they think they are holding on to. We live in a free world so why constrain anything?

The French are concerned about how little French songs & music is played on music radio stations. Reason being is that more and more English songs are played and they feel the English language and music is chipping away at French culture. They want to limit how much English worded music is played :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is like the little old biddies in the UK saying Lebaneese(arabian), Indian or Chinese cuisine is destroying English culture???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Brexit thinkers can just simply bat away any explanation as scare mongering with a rebuke but they are small minded people who are afraid of change imo. Or they have limited vested interests like Boris who has hailed him self the leader of the Brexit campaign and next potential leader of the Conservative party and PM. His made a calculated move despite his previous positive comments about the EU. Who can trust him. Now his article in the Sun paper shows his desperation and stupid depths of utter garbage his coming out with.

So let's think about this for one moment. French people want to listen to English music in France and English people love Indian cuisine and the Brexit old farts are suggesting we don't want our culture changed?

Who's culture are they talking about maintaining??? That goes for all people who talk such dribble including the French.

If you see the US as our allies and friends then you should seriously consider the advice given by Obama who represents US interests. imho :rolleyes:

Remember, the Indian & Chinese premiers have given us the same advice!!!

You should question the Brexit bodies talking about exercising freedom to enter new deals with these big players without the burden of EU.

As for lack of regulation to help us trade more, what a load of b0ll0cks that is. If UK wants to export to EU one of the biggest blocks with high purchasing power and disposable incomes, the UK will still have to comply with EU regulation. They say this will be a benefit. Lack of regulation. REALLY??? Absolute drivel what the Brexit crack heads are coming out with. It simply means we do not wish to comply with EU regulation and thus no desire to export to them.

Think carefully about this one mate. Either way all the best (y)

Last edited:
That will make them want to stay in! :D

Well I certainly think the impact and loss will be on both but bigger on the UK side. Sad to break up a good working relationship imo.

There are strategic consequences too. One of the biggest reason for keeping Greece in was to keep the Russians out of the Med. They'll be rubbing there hands with glee at the thought of EU break up.

However, with the likes of Corbyn back on the radar any subsequent crises with the financial sector, possibly can see labour getting in. There will then be uncle Putin to give Corbyn a cuddly bear hug. NATO will be compromised and relationships with Russia enter a new period of probing flights that's for sure.

This piece of news didn't get reported much but is a taste of what may become.

Last edited:
The Russians are doing what they have always done. Push to see what they can get away with. They fly too close to the UK for our comfort, there are always incidents but, when the Turks shot that plane down, there was plenty of talk but nothing else. If that plane had got away with it, Russian aircraft over Turkey would be the norm, now.

Nevertheless, I believe that the US worries over Brexit is strategic and are based, mainly, on avoiding an EU breakup, to Russia's advantage.

Just listened to "Any Questions" on to-days BBC4, at 1310. Farage is on there, along with others. I thought that I would mention it although I expect that you guys have Brexit coming out of your ears, the same as us with Spanish elections!

Just wondering, though Brexit is an attractive policy for so many MP's, it seems its not attractive enough for them to switch to UKIP. Why is this?