Brewski Trading

brewski1984

Hi everyone,

I've been away a while, not going to bother any one with the sob story but like an addicted gambler I've come back for another beating.

Anyway, I've put £250 in my account and gone long gbp/usd before the election. I'll be looking to do some proper trading in the new year but it will be boring again as there's no leverage and I have no money to leverage anyway lol

Seems to me like a Tory majority is being priced in, there could be a decent spike up to 1.4000+ soon. I'm not a fan of Boris but if he's going to make me money at some other losers expense then I guess that makes me a Tory lol

Hi everyone,

I've been away a while, not going to bother any one with the sob story but like an addicted gambler I've come back for another beating.

Anyway, I've put £250 in my account and gone long gbp/usd before the election. I'll be looking to do some proper trading in the new year but it will be boring again as there's no leverage and I have no money to leverage anyway lol

Seems to me like a Tory majority is being priced in, there could be a decent spike up to 1.4000+ soon. I'm not a fan of Boris but if he's going to make me money at some other losers expense then I guess that makes me a Tory lol

Welcome back! I used to enjoy your posts back in the day:)

As for being a Tory....if you have any suppressed right-wing urges you should take a look at the Islamaphobia (sic) thread - you'll find a number of fellow travellers there. All decent chaps, of course.

Perhaps a bounce on a Tory win (already moving up ) and another on Brexit ?
Same with Euro ?

. . . All decent chaps, of course.
. . . As far as hard right nut jobs go!
😜

Sorry to hear of your (implied) tale of woe brew' - I thought you'd made your squillions and are now sipping Malibu cocktails on a private sun drenched island somewhere. Anyway, good luck with your latest challenge.
Tim.

All decent chaps, of course.

Wouldn't expect any less!

Perhaps a bounce on a Tory win (already moving up ) and another on Brexit ?
Same with Euro ?

To be honest, I have very limited understanding of politics. All I can see from watching gbp/usd is that it looks like it's going up, the election will just be the reason that's given to it after the fact.

Sorry to hear of your (implied) tale of woe brew' - I thought you'd made your squillions and are now sipping Malibu cocktails on a private sun drenched island somewhere. Anyway, good luck with your latest challenge.
Tim.

I've had some bad luck the last year or two and it's been more and more stressful but finally starting to get sorted out. It's great to be back on here talking to you all (once I've worked this new forum out anyway!).

I'll find another way to make my squillions mate, it's inevitable!

I've been in this since 23 October as you can see from the screenshot. As was suggested on my other thread, after the margin changes a better way is to have smaller stakes and aim for more points. My trades will now tend to be "long term" (which around here means a massive stop, weeks underwater then close out at a small profit).

I'm not here to make profit, I'm here to make more money for margin lol

gbp.jpg

I have a guaranteed stop in place at 1.2905, those pesky SB companies adjust the minimum stop distance to something stupid like 1000 points when it gets near some major events like an election so this will give me some protection. I will manage it over the next week and see what happens.

I expect there will be some spikes up and down on Thursday, I'm hoping to get into a position where a spike down doesn't hurt me but a spike up fills my pockets full of 50p's!

Managed to use the profit for extra margin and I'm now an absolutely knee-trembling 80p a point! I don't really like currency trading too much as they don't move enough, I will more than likely be out of this trade by the end of the week if not before. It's still edging higher so there's no need to do anything just yet
gbp 2.jpg

Managed to use the profit for extra margin and I'm now an absolutely knee-trembling 80p a point! I don't really like currency trading too much as they don't move enough, I will more than likely be out of this trade by the end of the week if not before. It's still edging higher so there's no need to do anything just yetView attachment 271606
Hmmm. Have you tried looking at the currencies through the likes of NVP's strengthmeter/fx correlator? It very often shows up the kind of index-style moves that you seek.....

Hmmm. Have you tried looking at the currencies through the likes of NVP's strengthmeter/fx correlator? It very often shows up the kind of index-style moves that you seek.....

I know it works for him but I gave up using any indicator or system a long time ago. I could never find anything that ever worked for me.

I know it works for him but I gave up using any indicator or system a long time ago. I could never find anything that ever worked for me.
Fair do's. I'm not an indicator fan mesen and don't think of the correlator as such and use it only to establish very general stuff.....like weakest against strongest. That said, I don't have yr courage and huge moves in the wrong direction for serious money is somehting I couldn't contemplate.

Fair do's. I'm not an indicator fan mesen and don't think of the correlator as such and use it only to establish very general stuff.....like weakest against strongest. That said, I don't have yr courage and huge moves in the wrong direction for serious money is somehting I couldn't contemplate.

Everyone is different my friend, what works for one doesn't work for another.

I almost had an essay written for a reply here but you've been around long enough so I don't think I need to.

Gbp heading south at the moment, could argue some risk being taken off. I have been tempted to close out and take the profit, it only needs a small spike down to take me out for nothing. I still think it will head upwards later on so no need to do anything yet

I am still in, I expected to close but it shot up quite high. There is the obvious retrace and maybe even a close of the gap first but I expect it to break that high at some point and we should see more gains.

I do believe all is really well.

Not today it isn't!

Gbp/usd has gone back down to levels just before the election, due to a possibility of a no deal Brexit again. I expected this to happen as stated in my post above, this no deal brexit is just the reason given to explain it. Now I expect it to go back up again - I will probably be admitting I was wrong and getting out if it goes below 1.29000.

I'd say I've taken an absolute beating but actually, it's almost happened as I expected only a lot quicker! I am still in and have actually added to the trade. Somewhere below 1.29000 is where my stop will be, margin requirement won't allow me to go much lower than that anyway. I think we will head back up in the next few days/weeks