Boiler Room Scams

thers another bogey company ringing called info direct marketing based in the netherlands they rang me a few times looking for all my share dealings that are worthless and they forward it on to a financial company to try recover some of my money for a small fee another scam iam afraid so look out 54

i have made good progress on tri hub international who i bought shares through a boiler room scam company called swiss financial research company 3 years ago if any one has invested i have alot of info and hopefully all the dots will join up i also bought ventanna biotech and total apparell group all worthless but lets see what happens 54

thers another bogey company ringing called info direct marketing based in the netherlands they rang me a few times looking for all my share dealings that are worthless and they forward it on to a financial company to try recover some of my money for a small fee another scam iam afraid so look out 54

Waste their time Collie but do not send them any money.

Waste their time Collie but do not send them any money.
Tell them that you know that there are so many scammers out there-and because of that you will prefer to pay them when they have done their job with geting your money back to you. If they are serious they will accept-if not they will refuse.
And then you tell them to f... off:clap:

Tell them that you know that there are so many scammers out there-and because of that you will prefer to pay them when they have done their job with geting your money back to you. If they are serious they will accept-if not they will refuse.
And then you tell them to f... off:clap:

I love the last line!!

I think it would be useful to set up a thread listing all the Boiler Room Scams that are currently in operation.

What is a boiler room?

Basically, a room full of salesmen (con men really), who are unregulated, and will cold call you to try and tempt you to part with your money and invest in some "amazing" company which will make you a millionaire. The stocks are usually unlisted and therefore difficult to sell once you have bought them. In reality they are likely to be worthless.

They tend to target people who already own shares, and will get your phone number / contact details from lists that they have bought, including shareholder lists.

More often than not, they are based overseas.

Whatever, you should NEVER deal with them, and NEVER deal with anyone who cold calls you from a company who you have never dealt with before.

I hope that this thread will be used for people to list the names of the offending companies, in order to warn others.

To start with, here is a list of those already mentioned on other threads....

Portland Ventures

Elliott Price

Edward Tate

Capital Asset Commodities

Jefferson Holt Consulting

Please feel free to add any more.....

I wonder if you have any Intelligence on the where a bouts of Ben Jackson or Peter Carlsen who operated the Morgan Financial Advisor Fraud?

I,m in contact with Police forces in Europe and elsewhere any information would be appreciated.

There is a movie called 'Boiler Room' that shows the goings on in that type of game.

here is a link to the review
;Boiler Room (2000) - IMDb

I write to ask if you have any information on the where a bouts of Peter Carlsen or Ben Jackson, from MORGAN FINANCIAL ADVISORS, they were the two idiots that caught me, however the London, German, Austrian, Hong Kong, Thai and several other Police forces who I am in contact with would like to know too. Lets see if we can bring these "Goons" to book.

Jefferson Holt now added!

I write to ask if you have any information on the where a bouts of Peter Carlsen or Ben Jackson, from MORGAN FINANCIAL ADVISORS, they were the two idiots that caught me, however the London, German, Austrian, Hong Kong, Thai and several other Police forces who I am in contact with would like to know too. Lets see if we can bring these "Goons" to book.

Re: need information

I need to contact Hargill Black & Associates. Do you have any idea of where could I find their phone number and address.

Best regards,
Mike

Following the general 'thread' of the above I have been approached by Jefferson Holt and told of a report on a particular company in America - Galaxy Minerals. There is a minimum investment and there is a limited response time to sign up. If anyone can give me more feedback on Jefferson Holt Consulting and as to whether there is a chance of it being a decent proposal or just a con.

I also found a link to FSA showing a list of known unregulated overseas firms targeting UK investors: - http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtm
- but they weren't on it.

If anyone can answer Trendie's questions to their validity it would be appreciated.
Thanks

friend of mine told me the company i was dealing with was on this blog.

i have dealt with Baker Stearns Capital and have had no issues to date. Seems like a fairly half descent company. I think are are a smaller company but with whats going on with the big ones ex. goldman, jp morgan etc.. who would trust them anyway..
BSC have not had any issues with any regulatory bodies of any kind so i will stick with that not a blog of a few people who are assuming everything.
what you need to be careful i think are the people like emilia.chidester. I'm not saying anything is fishy there but a friend of mine saw a company he was dealing with on some investor alert website. turned out they hit a bunch of blogs claiming the people they were deling with were scammers. they promised to get money back and ended up stealing there money!!
anyway good luck trading!

Baker Stearns is ok I think.

friend of mine told me the company i was dealing with was on this blog.

i have dealt with Baker Stearns Capital and have had no issues to date. Seems like a fairly half descent company. I think are are a smaller company but with whats going on with the big ones ex. goldman, jp morgan etc.. who would trust them anyway..
BSC have not had any issues with any regulatory bodies of any kind so i will stick with that not a blog of a few people who are assuming everything.
what you need to be careful i think are the people like emilia.chidester. I'm not saying anything is fishy there but a friend of mine saw a company he was dealing with on some investor alert website. turned out they hit a bunch of blogs claiming the people they were deling with were scammers. they promised to get money back and ended up stealing there money!!
anyway good luck trading!http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

i have been called every day for the last 3 weeks by someone called jim daly from the sec,
he wants 50,000 to help to sell my reg s shares, now i have done a bit of looking and jim daly dose work for the sec, but this seems like a lot of money to help me, i thought the would help me not charge me ?????

i have been called every day for the last 3 weeks by someone called jim daly from the sec,
he wants 50,000 to help to sell my reg s shares, now i have done a bit of looking and jim daly dose work for the sec, but this seems like a lot of money to help me, i thought the would help me not charge me ?????

Has it occurred to you that a bunch of criminal may perhaps be using the name of someone in the SEC to fool you into sending them 50k? The SEC is not calling you, the same criminals that sold you worthless shares are calling you to steal more money from you.

Use some common sense and dont give anybody any more money.