Boiler Room Scams

Hi, I came across this thread today and I worked for "Infinity International Group" and called under "Universal Marketing Concepts". The MO was cold calling, then, filling out some sort of form with the cold call details and then sending the forms over to a "client". The callers were trained in the process intensely and each call was listened to and analyzed for a lot of details. Ideally, I would get 7 such "surveys" as they called it a day. The target countries were Japan, the Middle East, parts of Europe like Greece, Denmark, Portugal, the UK, Finland and South Africa. The details were full name, phone, alternate phone, personal e-mail address, company and position in the company. We never called anyone below the "Manager" portfolio. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Hi Anonymous Predator, possible that you send me your contact-details over the mailbox here?
regards Ainka

Does anyone have any idea where all the scammers of MORGAN FINCH INT. Barcelons/Spain are hanging around. Especially the canadian chief scammer MICHAEL KASHYN?????
An y info would very much appreciated.

Anyone filled in the web form for one of those offers of a free report on Oil, banks, etc and then received calls trying to get them to sign up for a CFD trading account , some of the brokers doing this are Galvan, Collins Sari Statham and Logic Investments and whilst they may not be boiler rooms scams and these firms are registered with the FSA the sales tactics used by them are deplorable!

Does anyone have any idea where all the scammers of MORGAN FINCH INT. Barcelons/Spain are hanging around. Especially the canadian chief scammer MICHAEL KASHYN?????
An y info would very much appreciated.

All the scammers of Morgan Finch Int. are on the run. Hiding somewhere
from Police ,Laywers and angry Shareholders who **** unfortunate and
bought shares from them. The same thing goes for the one who called
himself 'Michael Kashyn' Strange they hav'nt been caught and arrested
yet. There **** enough leads.

any one bought tri hub international shares switzerland i have made good progress i bought them through a company called swiss financial research in 2009 but they turned out bogey but have track down 3 guys in tri hub who run the show ? 54

any one bought tri hub international shares switzerland i have made good progress i bought them through a company called swiss financial research in 2009 but they turned out bogey but have track down 3 guys in tri hub who run the show ? 54

Hey listen-it seems as if you are caught up in a share scam.
Hope you did'nt get ripped for too much money.
Sometimes these scammers get caught-and if you want
to catch them you are on a hard job. Normally the criminals
cash the money from the account where they stole the money into and run
away with it. Allmost impossible to trace.
Consult Switzerland Police directly and hope they will take action if you paid
money into a Switzerland account.If to an account in another country consult
the police in the respective country-if you think it is worth it's while go there and talk to the local police personnally and make a report.Otherwise consider your
money as lost and try to get on with your life

Hey listen-it seems as if you are caught up in a share scam.
Hope you did'nt get ripped for too much money.
Sometimes these scammers get caught-and if you want
to catch them you are on a hard job. Normally the criminals
cash the money from the account where they stole the money into and run
away with it. Allmost impossible to trace.
Consult Switzerland Police directly and hope they will take action if you paid
money into a Switzerland account.If to an account in another country consult
the police in the respective country-if you think it is worth it's while go there and talk to the local police personnally and make a report.Otherwise consider your
money as lost and try to get on with your life

:love:
You are really somebody, give them the ticket to steal, or how is to understand your idea ?
Anyway it is not completly true what you are telling around, we took allready a lot of money back in a way or an other. Mostly it takes time, but it is possible.
True is, that you have no chance, if you go just to the police, yes, after 1/2 year they stop their activities ( if they will do anything, normally they do the report, and nothing else). I know of what I'm talking about, 'cause I' m "investor" by myself. Lost around 50.000 € and suffered a lot.
But we ( a group of people & Lawyer and invstigators) just conquer it back.
In other cases , which are more fresh ( from timing) we helped other victims,
to get it back more fast.
:devilish:

Hi anyone on here who have been scammed and sent money to HSBC Hong Kong now is a good time to put the bank under pressure as regards due dilligence in opening a/c for these criminals. Please pm any details as I am in contact with the bank concerning this at present the more people who are complaining the better. We may force them to compensate some victims or give details of addresses. They are in the news at the minute for allowing criminals channel money through them . I am fortunate that I sued and got my money back but I am holding them accountable for legal fees.

Sadly the Hong Banks are pretty corrupt which is why the scammers love to use them. Sadly any money paid into an account will be quickly wired out, probably within 48 hours.

For people who don't know what they're doing when it comes to investments, here's a simple rule to follow. When you're dealing with a firmsay in London or Paris or Geneva EXPEXT TO PAY MONEY TO THAT FIRM IN A LONDON, PARIS OR GENEVA BANK ACCOUNT.

If you're asked to wire money to a HK bank (when called from a Paris firm) PLUS the account in HK has nothing to do with the name of the Paris firm - YOU'RE BEING SETUP TO HAVE YOUR MONEY STOLEN FROM YOU.

This is one of my main points about people not having a clue what they're doing when it comes to investments. So they happily pay money to the HK account in a different name as if nothing was wrong.

:love:
You are really somebody, give them the ticket to steal, or how is to understand your idea ?
Anyway it is not completly true what you are telling around, we took allready a lot of money back in a way or an other. Mostly it takes time, but it is possible.
True is, that you have no chance, if you go just to the police, yes, after 1/2 year they stop their activities ( if they will do anything, normally they do the report, and nothing else). I know of what I'm talking about, 'cause I' m "investor" by myself. Lost around 50.000 € and suffered a lot.
But we ( a group of people & Lawyer and invstigators) just conquer it back.
In other cases , which are more fresh ( from timing) we helped other victims,
to get it back more fast.
:devilish:

No actually It was meant as a peice of good advise. I guess that is what we are
for. Another peice of advise is: Never buy anything from cold callers it be shares,
gold,diamonds or anything else.
You are right about the Police- But when they do take action and catch the criminals
there is no mercy.
So when you got your Euro 50.000 back -well that is the way I understand it-you did'nt loose it did you ?
It would be interesting to get to know in more details how you managed to help
other victims. Thanks.

Very interesting read from the OFT, download the PDF (see link below)

"''The Psychology of Scams'', a study commissioned by the UK Office of Fair Trading, shows people who have already been a victim of a scam are consistently more likely to show renewed interest in contact from fraudsters. One trick of conmen is the ''secondary scam'' in which they contact a victim some time after they realise they have been scammed and pretend to be lawyers, government officials or police from the scammer's country.

This happened to Munro. ''Sean King'', whom she chatted with on another site, told her he had also been the victim of a scammer. He said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, a Nigerian law enforcement agency that investigates 419 scams, had helped him and a friend to recover their money. Her local police had already suggested she get in touch with the EFCC, but ''I emailed them and never got a reply,'' she says. Sean told her he would get the employee who had helped him to contact her. ''So he [the EFCC employee] emailed me and then it was all on again,'' Munro says. The emails had the same EFCC logo as she had seen on the site to which the Australian police had directed her. ''They said because such a large amount of money was due to me, I had to get anti-money-laundering and insurance certificates from the bank. All the documents that came to me looked totally believable,'' she says. ''They named the guy who scammed me and said they had his IP address. It was very clever. I was sucked in.'' Thousands of dollars later for a variety of ''fees'' and ''certificates'', Munro realised she was being scammed again."

Thoughts on Scams, from Craig Mee : Daily Speculations

Folks, if you've been victim to a scam you better make sure you REALLY understand what's happened because if you don't then your money is AT REAL RISK FROM BEING STOLEN AGAIN.

It's a very very dangerous world out there and scams and scammers are multiplying at a frightful rate and will continue to do so as the current economic mess drags on.

If you're unsure about ANYTHING please ask questions here. Some of us might be rude and call you an idiot and fool but it's for your own good AND you get to keep your money.

But if you want to be charmed and told how smart you are please continue those calls with the scammers. But then of course they'll steal your money and laugh at you when they put the phone down.

Personally I'd LOVE to be told that I'm an idiot, a fool and very naive about investing if that's what it takes to keep my money from being stolen. I hope others also think like me......

Please listen to BBCi Listen again Radio 4 Today 0615am for Thursday 19/07/12 Interview with Mr Paul Moore, he was the compliance director at HBOS and got sacked for telling the board that they were not complying with the regulations, He has applied for the top job at Barclays, I hope he is appointed he will sort out some of the spivs and slick traders that work there!

It's not just boiler room scams that will take your money, I fell prey to the sales chat and advice of Logic Investments who are registered with the FSA and I paid them thousands of pounds in fees for what turned out to be duff advice and that in turn lost me thousnds of pounds as well, so yes do be wary of the boiler room scams,however some brokers are little better and whilst they may operate just within the law some have ethics that are no better than the scammers!

It's not just boiler room scams that will take your money, I fell prey to the sales chat and advice of Logic Investments who are registered with the FSA and I paid them thousands of pounds in fees for what turned out to be duff advice and that in turn lost me thousnds of pounds as well, so yes do be wary of the boiler room scams,however some brokers are little better and whilst they may operate just within the law some have ethics that are no better than the scammers!

100% agree. Most financial firms whether legit or not will try their best to skim your money at best and steal it at worst. This is one of the main points myself, PB and others have been trying to get across.

But there is a way around this problem and it's easy. Do the following -

1. Go look in the mirror
2. Look into your eyes and ask yourself these 2 questions -

"Do I understand what I'm doing when it comes to investments"
"Do I really know much about the company I'm dealing with and do I know how to properly research them".

If you are honest with yourself you should get honest answers and for the majority the two answers will be - NO.

if it is NO then do youself a favour and only stick to these 4 investments

1. Cash
2. Precious metals
3. Property (good areas, with a view to a rent yield), and
4. Collectables that you KNOW ABOUT AND UNDERSTAND. Collectables can be anything from £100 inkwells to £10,000,000 pieces of art. But you MUST know what you're buying otherwise it's odds on you'll get ripped off again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, take ALL the clients that have been ripped off by -

The boiler room scammers
The land banking scammers
The carbon credit scammers
The African land scammers
The Diamond fund scammers
The off plan property sellers in sunny and exotic locations
Etc, etc, etc

Imagine if they had followed my advice and asked themselves the 2 simple questions? It would have saved their bacon don't you think?

Folks, it's not hard to protect yourself from all the financial scams (legal and illegal). All you have to do is know your limiations and that's what the 2 questions are designed to show.

Good luck and stay safe.

Are you an investor with SJ Capital? Or do you know of any investors?

Wayne of SJ Capital are you still there?

We're still waiting on the simple questions we asked.

Looking for an update on the planning application for the Greenhithe, Kent site. I still cannot find any details from the Council.

Also looking for information on how SJ Capital aims to do the impossible, ie get planning permission for all it's sites with a 0% allocation to affordable housing.

Surely you must be informing your clients of this critcal bit of information as it's the duty of a responsible company to let them know ALL the facts. But there's never a mention on your website. Is there a reason for this? I hope it's not because it decimates the chances of your sites ever receiving planning.

If you're a future SJ Capital customer or a present one, make sure you ask the company about the 'affordable housing' question. Then please report back here. I'd be really interested to know what they say. In fact I might even call them myself posing as a potential client........

In summary: If any company ever tries to sell you a plot of land without mentioning 'affordable housing' you're being setup to buy worthless land. Ask questions here, we can help.

VERY TRUE- Genuing companies which are running well- do not need to
list themselves on the stockmarket. Why should they?-Just to make some
quick extra money- Greede that is what it is. Just look at the example with
Facebook stocks- a lot of people lost-as it seems- money there.

Very interesting read from the OFT, download the PDF (see link below)

"''The Psychology of Scams'', a study commissioned by the UK Office of Fair Trading, shows people who have already been a victim of a scam are consistently more likely to show renewed interest in contact from fraudsters. One trick of conmen is the ''secondary scam'' in which they contact a victim some time after they realise they have been scammed and pretend to be lawyers, government officials or police from the scammer's country.

This happened to Munro. ''Sean King'', whom she chatted with on another site, told her he had also been the victim of a scammer. He said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, a Nigerian law enforcement agency that investigates 419 scams, had helped him and a friend to recover their money. Her local police had already suggested she get in touch with the EFCC, but ''I emailed them and never got a reply,'' she says. Sean told her he would get the employee who had helped him to contact her. ''So he [the EFCC employee] emailed me and then it was all on again,'' Munro says. The emails had the same EFCC logo as she had seen on the site to which the Australian police had directed her. ''They said because such a large amount of money was due to me, I had to get anti-money-laundering and insurance certificates from the bank. All the documents that came to me looked totally believable,'' she says. ''They named the guy who scammed me and said they had his IP address. It was very clever. I was sucked in.'' Thousands of dollars later for a variety of ''fees'' and ''certificates'', Munro realised she was being scammed again."

Thoughts on Scams, from Craig Mee : Daily Speculations

Folks, if you've been victim to a scam you better make sure you REALLY understand what's happened because if you don't then your money is AT REAL RISK FROM BEING STOLEN AGAIN.

It's a very very dangerous world out there and scams and scammers are multiplying at a frightful rate and will continue to do so as the current economic mess drags on.

If you're unsure about ANYTHING please ask questions here. Some of us might be rude and call you an idiot and fool but it's for your own good AND you get to keep your money.

But if you want to be charmed and told how smart you are please continue those calls with the scammers. But then of course they'll steal your money and laugh at you when they put the phone down.

Personally I'd LOVE to be told that I'm an idiot, a fool and very naive about investing if that's what it takes to keep my money from being stolen. I hope others also think like me......

Yes the 419 scammers. § 419 is a paragraph in Nigerian law stating that anyone
who pretends something to another person which is not according to the thruth shall be punished.

And that is what they get when they get caught these 419 scammers. The worst
of them are the King Pins-those that lives in big Palaces in Nigeria.
Those that get caught are 'the Runners'-they get a little share of what they
steal. Stamped money in consignments, OYI alkaline solutions , security companies, Barristers, Bankers, Falsery dokuments from South African banks
Like for example The South African Reserve Bank, ABSA Bank SA, Standart Bank
South Africa and so forth.
There just is'nt that sort of money in any African Country that the 419 Nigerian
scammers claim to be in possesion of.
And all their Lotteries out of England where you have to call an English telephone
number which is diverted to Nigeria.
You won!-but you have to pay some money because you won. Bull****.

And all those who wants to give you loans-bull**** again !!! They will charge you
for a downpayment in order to secure the loan-and then they will run away with the your downpayment

Well I get between 5 and 10 Nigerian letters every day on my e-mail.
And it gives me a job with deleting them.
I hate these ****ers. And unfortunately it is so that the greatest income
to Nigeria today is from 419 scams. It is bigger than the income from the Oil
they have.

And true-if you lost money in a 419 Nigerian Scam-There will be some Barrister
who will 'help' you-but the thing is he is also a 419 Nigerian Scammer and he will
want an upfront payment for his job and he will also run away with the money.

So the thing is-if you get contacted by someone you don't know allready -it be
on phone-put the phone down-if it is on e-mail-delete the e-mail-don't pay any money to someone you don't know-get money of them first in order for them
to show that they are serious-that will never happen by the way !

Most people in the World would like to make some quick money.
The Nigerians know that. But if you deal with a Nigerian you will
loose money.