Best spread betting broker

James

You're correct. We do not offer a guaranteed stop.

It is being discussed at the moment and will be something we offer in due course. I understand that it is important to a certain user base but a lot of things are important as well and to take a platform live means a few compromises need to be made in order to get the platform launched.

There comes a point commercially where you need to launch but that doesn't mean that the platform is complete. It means that it is considered a strong enough platform to compete straight off the bat. Our development is on going and we will be releasing added functionality reguarly and I assure you that all constructive comments from T2W members will be considered and implemented where ever possible.

Thanks, Rob.
Very good attitude, thank you. Hopefully you will be around even when problem arise. Some SB representative has a tendency to disappear as platform issues mounts up.:)

Pipstar's right.

IG Index spreads are too often uncompetitive, and spreads are the name of the game! As for their service... I wasn't impressed.

I'm thinking of shortsandlongs.com (Have a/c's with more than one s/better and still looking to find a reliably good one! :confused:)

Last edited:
could someone help me please i am using the ig charts and i am trying to set up m average
nbr = days which i set at 20
horizontal shift (what do i set this at as i m not sure)
vertical shift (same applies i m nt sure)

could someone advise me please

also do i need to to set fast slow and expotential on the ig charts there is dema and tema could you explain exactly what they mean
thank you in advance

could someone help me please i am using the ig charts and i am trying to set up m average
nbr = days which i set at 20
horizontal shift (what do i set this at as i m not sure)
vertical shift (same applies i m nt sure)

could someone advise me please

also do i need to to set fast slow and expotential on the ig charts there is dema and tema could you explain exactly what they mean
thank you in advance

keep them 0 , 0

Pipstar's right.

IG Index spreads are too often uncompetitive, and spreads are the name of the game! As for their service... I wasn't impressed.

I'm thinking of shortsandlongs.com (Have a/c's with more than one s/better and still looking to find a reliably good one! :confused:)

maybe because u have limited risk account with them ...

HI all, i have read this thread through and agree that IG Index certainly have some major advantages over other SB platforms. HOWEVER - how the HECK do we manage to convince them that i DO NOT need nor want a LIMITED RISK account? I want to get trading for real, with controls over my own stops and movements etc, without any handholding. Anyone know what to do to get this limited status lifted? It seems every single darn SB company has a MAJOR drawback in some way. The only other one i may use is GFT markets who seem to have better spreads (at a glance) than IG, but again their customer service pees me off big time. EVERY time i try to chat live and ask a quick question such as "please can you tell me the spread on this currency pair.... ? " i just get a robot on the other end saying they want my name and email. I HATE THIS attitude, i am the client, give me the answer and stop peeing me off, you might make some money out of me that way!
So, any advice on losing the limited risk with IG? If so, i will use them as their platform looks great and supposedly works on iPhone which i have. If it isn't possible to lift this limited risk status then i will keep moving on and on. I have wasted SIX MONTHS so far trying to find a company who i feel want to see me trade their platform!

HI all, i have read this thread through and agree that IG Index certainly have some major advantages over other SB platforms. HOWEVER - how the HECK do we manage to convince them that i DO NOT need nor want a LIMITED RISK account? I want to get trading for real, with controls over my own stops and movements etc, without any handholding. Anyone know what to do to get this limited status lifted? It seems every single darn SB company has a MAJOR drawback in some way. The only other one i may use is GFT markets who seem to have better spreads (at a glance) than IG, but again their customer service pees me off big time. EVERY time i try to chat live and ask a quick question such as "please can you tell me the spread on this currency pair.... ? " i just get a robot on the other end saying they want my name and email. I HATE THIS attitude, i am the client, give me the answer and stop peeing me off, you might make some money out of me that way!
So, any advice on losing the limited risk with IG? If so, i will use them as their platform looks great and supposedly works on iPhone which i have. If it isn't possible to lift this limited risk status then i will keep moving on and on. I have wasted SIX MONTHS so far trying to find a company who i feel want to see me trade their platform!

If your using GFT just pull up the Fx pair chart and right click on it and you will see the spread or use the Dashboard facility, thats if you're on a PC.

I am not, i am on a Mac. Thanks for that post though.
Is it me, or is the demo platform with GFT EXTREMELY slow? Painfully, and cripplingly slow for me anyway! I do note GFT have lovely tight spreads on those stocks or currencies i glanced at quickly, but IG index is looking like the way forward for me, IF they remove the limited risk element from the damn account. I don't get it, i signed the disclaimers, risk warnings etc. LET ME LOOSE!!?! If i walk into a bookie and place a grand on a three legged donkey (i did this when i was in my TEENS!) nobody says a bloody dickie bird! Nobody holds your hand or warns you of a darn thing! Why are SB companies so flippin paranoid?! Its gone too far all the safeguards cos i have thousands sitting in the bank ready to trade but can't cos i won't bet with someone else playing ANY role in my trading decisions and Stop Losses etc. Leave me alone to make or lose my own damn money! Talk about nanny state! Rant over :)

ive been searching for a good one for ages, and im about to open one at FXCM, its forex only atm, but its the same platform as their proper fx account. Hopefully it'll be the one i keep.

If you go to "my account" on igindex, then click through the tabs... they'll be something called account type.. and it gives you the option to upgrade to a "plus" account - ie proper account, it doesnt cost anything - you just need to answer some questions.

I am not, i am on a Mac. Thanks for that post though.
Is it me, or is the demo platform with GFT EXTREMELY slow? Painfully, and cripplingly slow for me anyway! I do note GFT have lovely tight spreads on those stocks or currencies i glanced at quickly, but IG index is looking like the way forward for me, IF they remove the limited risk element from the damn account. I don't get it, i signed the disclaimers, risk warnings etc. LET ME LOOSE!!?! If i walk into a bookie and place a grand on a three legged donkey (i did this when i was in my TEENS!) nobody says a bloody dickie bird! Nobody holds your hand or warns you of a darn thing! Why are SB companies so flippin paranoid?! Its gone too far all the safeguards cos i have thousands sitting in the bank ready to trade but can't cos i won't bet with someone else playing ANY role in my trading decisions and Stop Losses etc. Leave me alone to make or lose my own damn money! Talk about nanny state! Rant over :)

The demo is slower than the live, the main problem I find is the time it takes to change the charts to longer time frames. To keep it all running smoothly I find uninstalling DB360 and reinstalling it every month or two months helps to stop it getting to bugged up.:mad:

Thanks both of you. Have asked to upgrade to non limited risk on IG and will wait and see, prefer the IG platform too if i am honest.

Thanks both of you. Have asked to upgrade to non limited risk on IG and will wait and see, prefer the IG platform too if i am honest.

I had that problem with IG too, which is partly why I am not using them at the moment.

I might go back and ask them to change my account one day.

However, FWIW, iii don't seem to insist on a limited risk account. Guaranteed stops are optional.

I used to like IG's platform a lot though. I have not tried their latest one.
iii is usable though.

Thanks Montmorency. Yes i LOVE the IG platform, So easy to use and clearly displayed, however if they are going to mess me around and nanny me too much, then i will take my trading elsewhere who have a more grown up attitude to adults choosing to gamble their hard earned money on their own analysed bets. Will update you soon. Never heard of the company/companies you mentioned there.

Hi James,

We are testing some new releases in UAT at the moment, the releases are scheduled to go live in a fortnight and one of the improvements will be sub £1 betting.

Thanks, Rob.

The minimum bet size on FX has now been reduced to 50p per point.

Rob.

Hi Rob, is this only on the Silver account?

Also does anyone know of a SB broker that provides mobile software for my blackberry?

One more question... which SB brokers have online trading? I would prefer this to downloading a platform/software to my computer as I may be using different computers while on the move...

Thanks again for all your comments and recommendations!

Hi Rob, is this only on the Silver account?

Also does anyone know of a SB broker that provides mobile software for my blackberry?

Hi James

The only account we offer now is the new Silver account.

To answer your other question, Our platform is web based so you can log in to it wherever you can get an internet connection.

Thanks, Rob.

Thanks Guys!! Much appreciated...

I have started an account on ETX but the spreads are not that great and the minimum stake is £1. Another thing I've noticed is the realtime - its doesn't seem that real... seeing as I have bloomberg next to me.
I like to have a flutter on mainly stocks, indices and futures.

Ideally I would like a firm which allows low stakes, has decent spreads and

Also from my understanding, spread bets can be placed when the underlying market is closed... A lot of spread betting firms will not allow this (while the market does) are they any spread betting firms that you know of which allow this??

Thanks again!!

i suggest you try GFT, am with them now asnd so far so good