Best Broker For A Newb?

Azure

I've been using a couple of demo accounts now for nearly 7 months, have been consistently in profit now for 2 months.

I wanted to start trading with real cash and to that end I had a few questions.

I plan on day trading 2 days a week the rest of the week I will work is this ok?

Is 600 pounds enough to start with?

Also, what broker would be best for me, I was going to go with Capital spreads but people seem to have some really poor experiences with them. Stop hunts, "slippage", and finally pricing error which seems to be an excuse to take back money people make on trades.

So I feel somewhat lost. Anyone on here using Finspreads or Etx Capital? Ideally I'd like to start off just betting 1 penny a point!

I am a very patient person and determined to make money doing this full time one day. Right now i'm just looking to get into this for real and test my system with tiny amounts. Any advice anyone here has is much appreciated.

Finspreads.

10p a point for the first 2-3 months then about 50p a point minimum on most contracts. 50p a point is a real advantage, especially when starting out.

£600 is fine, and at 50p a point a lot of money can still be made (and lost).

Good luck.

Ah thankyou, I'll try them.

One question though, do their charts come with volume, sounds like a dumb question I know but on capital there is no volume on the list of indicators with the charts just bollinger bands and averages etc.

Is there a good substitute I can use in place of volume just in case?

Thanks. :D

Hi

I am in a similar position, I was using a demo account on capitalspreads and opened an account with finspreads a few weeks ago trading 10p a pip and just learning from my mistakes.

Just a note demo trading and trading are completely different mentally

Good luck

Haha, thanks guys, this is encouraging.

@Mattboffey, Yeah, I bet using real money will make me sweat, lol.

@Zutou, you started real trading or just on paper like me?

Also do either of you use volume as one of your indicators with any success?