Best spread betting broker

ETX Capital (silver account) is by far the best spread betting firm. IG comes a distance second.

Is there any spreadbetting site which will show the volume information under the charts?

So far the sites I've tried are:
IG Index - Amazing site, the only downsides are the Limited Risk account extra spreads and the fact that charts don't show volume.

Shorts and Longs - manageable only due to the promotion they are offering, No chart support yet, small spreads which is good for daytrading, if you roll over your trade... watch out!
they changed their terms and conditions from beginning of June, so for trades which I was paying 4p daily rollover charge before June, I am now paying 40 p.... I know, it's a 10x increase... I have NO idea if they are allowed to charge THAT much...

CMC Markets - Actually , I've tried using both the MArket Make Web, Desktop, and their "Investor Edition" targetted for Digital Look customers.
Web versions don't seem to show Candlesticks on intraday charts!! , Desktop version has candlestick 1 minute charts but no volume info either...

ETXCapital looks promising as their charts are the same ones as IG Index and their platform looks pretty slick and quick, I haven't deposited any money yet so i'n not 100% sure if they'll show volume information...

Could someone answer this for me?

Igmarkets shows volume for stocks but u should to pay some fees , i noticed ETX has huge spreads on stocks and they dont offer that many stocks ...

nxtyear
Agree with you about IG but had major problems with CMC. In addition to the things you mentioned, I experienced major problems with the trading platform and charts and it was impossible to transfer money out - or in - using their system : I had to ring up with my bank card details !!! Their customer service was also pretty dreadful when I raised these issues with them : along the lines of "Yes we know about that" but no indication of when it was going to corrected. I eventually closed the account.

Had a look at short and longs : liked the 'feel' of the site - clear and intuitive - but still quite new and not offering anything like the range of IG.

Hi guys, I've now been using ETX Capital for a number of weeks and I'm really enjoying the platform... it's new and easy to use.

The only improvements I would like to see (for now), when opening a trade, it could calculate the margin requirement as you enter your stake prior to placing the trade. Also a mobile site or software for a blackberry would be brilliant!! More spreads could also be available, for example they could have a Gold rolling daily - they only have a future spread.

Other than that they're general a good spreadbetting firm... they're also give you £100 to start up an account.

Another improvement could be the ability to close and open trades when the markets are closed. I know Tradefair allow this.

Hi,

I am getting into spreadbetting, I've been using ETX Capital for a few months as they have a practice account.

Can anyone tell me the best spread betting platform/broker to use?? Recommendations with your reasons would be much appreciated.

I am only a beginner and will not be trading massive amounts of cash.

Thanks
JK

Hello QUOTE,

And have you discover the best Spreadbetting Company, i am also on serch for one. so please if i may ask, have you find one.

Thanks,

Ivon.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "best".

However, ShortsandLongs are unusual in having free guaranteed stops, which might appeal to some people, and reasonable spreads. No charts though, or didn't have last time I looked.

Quite agree : depends on your individual needs. S&L also had quite a restricted range of companies etc. last time I looked.

Coming soon.....

I don't think there is such a thing as a "best".

However, ShortsandLongs are unusual in having free guaranteed stops, which might appeal to some people, and reasonable spreads. No charts though, or didn't have last time I looked.

Charts are due to appear in October so I was informed by email via Shortsandlongs.